The SANDF mod

Everything about GhR and its mods.
ingeloop

Post by ingeloop » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:35 am

or you can try the right click and save as....

/ingeloop

Oshepard

Post by Oshepard » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:48 pm

There is no file limit in Firefox. The only reason I used Firefox to download the file is because I have been having trouble downloading from FTP sites with Safari and OmniWeb. I can't figure out why. As far I know, all of my prefs for Safari are correct. I only have had trouble with this since upgrading to Tiger. I used IE after trying several times with other browsers and finally downloaded the file with success. All 125 Megs downloaded. The I used Stuffit to expand the file during which the expansion window would give me time remaining messages of 90 hours, 109 hours, 400 hours, etc, over a time period of about 3 minutes. Unlike other attempts, the file unpacking was successful with IE and I have the complete 380 Meg file now. I have yet to try it out though. I did not have any problems with the vehicle mod.

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:48 pm

Doc Froyla wrote:Mmmmm, yes, quite nice......crisp.

The one crash i'm getting is on the sniper menu, but
it might be my glitch and not the mod....will track it down.
The only other crash was a weird not found file for a particular
enemy character.....but i'm also trying the new
map pack (3) and it only happened on one map (?).

New maps.....the water of gameplayers.
Very good work.
I noticed a similar occurance while I was playing on GameRanger in a Coop server. However, I was able to play with a sniper kit. From what I observed, it seems that the Sniper/Spotter menu of kits are causing the pregame crash and not the sniper kits. Also, it looked as though some of the sniper kits possess a "Find Key" text while viewing them in the kits' menu. In any case, I'll keep an eye out for any other issues. Btw, the kits that I did play with were nice. I really got a kick outta that one sniper kit that offers that rifle that is rediculously huge - a nice touch! :P
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:44 pm

1.) SANDF_no restriction.kil and SANDF_cr21.kil have the same in-game kit restriction name. It isn't real significant, but I thought I'd make note of it.

2.) Sniper Kit # 18 (from the SANDF_no restriction.kil kit restriction) has a "!find key" text readout in place of the secondary firearm's name (probably should be the name of the pistol that is in that kit).

3.) The Sniper and Sniper/Spotter kits do work fine. However, when one tries to scroll to find the kits for the CQB kits (SANDF_CQB kits ?), the game crashes for that person.

4.) Some kits are not playable. For example, when one chooses rifleman kit # 9, once the mission has been launched that kit is replaced with rifleman kit # 1. Other kit choices yield a similar in-game effect.

5.) This one is more asthetic than anything, but the tree in the background photo of the main menu makes viewing the sub-menu titles difficult to read and therefore click. heh

6.) 3rd Platoon is missing access to the Sniper/Spotter kits and 4th Platoon is missing access to both the Sniper/Spotter and the CQB kits.

.....I'm not a modder or anything, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. (sarcasm)
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

ingeloop

Post by ingeloop » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:19 pm

thx insipidus!
i will look into this asap. this info is valuable and im sorry if it has
caused any problems.
but it´s hard to get everything right :shock:

/ingeloop

ingeloop

Post by ingeloop » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:45 pm

InSiPidus wrote:1.) SANDF_no restriction.kil and SANDF_cr21.kil have the same in-game kit restriction name. It isn't real significant, but I thought I'd make note of it.

2.) Sniper Kit # 18 (from the SANDF_no restriction.kil kit restriction) has a "!find key" text readout in place of the secondary firearm's name (probably should be the name of the pistol that is in that kit).

3.) The Sniper and Sniper/Spotter kits do work fine. However, when one tries to scroll to find the kits for the CQB kits (SANDF_CQB kits ?), the game crashes for that person.

4.) Some kits are not playable. For example, when one chooses rifleman kit # 9, once the mission has been launched that kit is replaced with rifleman kit # 1. Other kit choices yield a similar in-game effect.

5.) This one is more asthetic than anything, but the tree in the background photo of the main menu makes viewing the sub-menu titles difficult to read and therefore click. heh

6.) 3rd Platoon is missing access to the Sniper/Spotter kits and 4th Platoon is missing access to both the Sniper/Spotter and the CQB kits.

.....I'm not a modder or anything, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. (sarcasm)
1. i have changed the name.

2. same as above, changed from m9 to sp1 and m9sd to sp1sd.

3. fixed

4. this one i had a hard nut to crack :-) , but i think im on to a
solution. it can be as simple as changing the kitnames in the .kil file
from big letters to small ones. seemed to work for me.
testing with the rifleman #9 kit bxp+frag.

5. i may do something with a kinda gray-ish background or something.

6. there is only 2 platoons with the full 6 atr´s. the rest is as they are.
i´ll give it a thought though.

i really value this kinda feedback from you insipidus, it can only makes things better.
thanx m8!

/ ingeloop

el_presidente
Peon

Post by el_presidente » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:23 pm

issue 4 might be a large scale one

demo 26 always reverts to demo 1 for me, as have others i didn't note down

i like many of the missions. sometimes objectives being completed don't get registered. one map left us there with nothing to do noone to kill and no extract. i will start keeping notes.

if i were to suggest two things it would be to add a few more tangos to the low-tango-count missions and -- this is tough to explain -- decrease the alertness delta between tangos that are camping corners and those on patrol. the patrol ones are super-easy to kill and the campers are a bitch. increase the alertness of the patrollers a notch and decrease the alertness of the campers. perhaps a better word for alertness is " time before proaction"

any chance for serversides of the stock map-based missions?

i do really enjoy several of the missions. the 3d party farm, embassy, that tight sniper/armor patrol city. they are top notch. thanks! keep the missions coming.

prez
people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be if we didn't think life could improve