Goodbye Ghost Recon!

Everything about GhR and its mods.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Goodbye Ghost Recon!

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:13 am

Well...There comes a time with every game that you have to move on.

To be fair, 'Ghost Recon' on my Mac had an exceptionally long life. I probably played it longer than any other game I have ever owned for my computer.

But, things have moved on. I now use a PC for my computer games (leaving my Mac free to do what it was intended for, my design work). And I now play Battlefield 2 more than I ever played Ghost Recon.

So this weekend saw the sad event of my actually wiping GhR off my Mac completely - and my GhR CDs going into long term storage in a cardboard box in our attic.

I didn't want to let the event go unmarked - so I thought I would post this last message on MacGamingMods.

Ghost Recon - to the end - was a fantastic game. I never got bored with it, and it was only BF2's fatastic graphics and the ability to play with 128 other people online in massive urban battles that finally made me turn away.

Rest in peace Ghost Recon - you have been a faithful friend!

In conclusion, I would just like to say a big thank you and farewell to all the terrific people I have met playing GhR and the demo on the Mac and GameRanger...

I'd also like to say a special thanks to Monoman, who more than any other, perhaps, kept me playing GhR long past its sell by date by consistently brining out new little tweaks that kept me interested.

Bye - and you never know, if BF2 or GhR3 ever reach the Mac I am sure I will be back again! - Hopefully I will meet up with you guys again.

Roger and out - Ranger

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:59 pm

Once the next big game comes out, you will be back. \ :) /
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:13 pm

Well, I guess the GhR section of the MGM forum is not only for the support and undying interest in the game but also for the lack there of.

I guess what I mean to say is, "Whatever floats your boat." However, in light of the fact that you posted this message where you did and who you posted it for, it's fair say that you are "floating in your own boat" with this sort of decision.
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage