mission editing q

Everything about GhR and its mods.
bokboren

mission editing q

Post by bokboren » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:38 pm

Hey.... quick question here. I'd like to edit the standard missions to add more bad guys. How? I can open/edit the .miss files, but is it possible to say, just duplicate existing bad guys? Anyone know?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:02 pm

Do you want to add more rebels to the actual mission or when you play the firefight gametype?
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

bokboren

Post by bokboren » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:19 pm

The mission itself. Actually, I wouldn't mind adding them to firefight gametypes too, but primarily I want to spice up the missions.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:59 am

You won't be able to add anything to gametypes without a PC and the PC version of Ghost Recon. You can add rebels to the missions though. It is not as easy as on a PC but it works.

I'm going to use the mp06_castle.mis file as my example.

You have to remember that each rebel has to be in a Team that is in a Platoon and the Platoon is in a Company.

Now open the mp06_castle.mis file and find <Units>. You should next see a line with Company in it, followed by a Platoon line. Place the code I'm posting, above the Platoon line but below the Company line.

Code: Select all

<Platoon Name = "Your Platoon Name">
<Team Name = "Your Team Name">
<Actor Name = "Rebel Name" File = "m01_rec_ak47_5.atr" Kit = "ak47 only.kit" Pos = "-74.31;-28.63;10.13" Facing = "1.00"/>
<Actor Name = "Second Rebel Name" File = "m01_rec_ak47_7.atr" Kit = "ak47 only.kit" Pos = "-75.38;-33.08;10.29" Facing = "5.00"/>
</Team>
</Platoon>
That code will add 2 rebels in the front entrance of the mission. To find the position (Pos) where the rebels go, you need to go into a mission and type in "loc" without the quotes in the console. That will show you your current position. To bring up the console press the "Enter" button.

You can trial and error the Facing, it just controls what direction the rebels are facing.

You can add as many Platoons, Teams, or Actors as you want.
Last edited by Monoman on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

bokboren

Post by bokboren » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:46 am

Hmm, OK that works.

Now I'm wondering - how to basically do this as a new campaign and/or mod? I mean, I can edit the original missions files, and just keep a backup of the unaltered ones, swapping them whenever I want to switch. But thats kind of a pain. Would I just make a new mod by having a new "Missions" folder underneath a Custom Mod folder inside of the Mods folder, and then select that ingame?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:02 pm

There are a few ways you can do it. If you rename the mission files and change the mission title so you know what missions you edited ingame, you can just place them in your Missions folder. As long as the mission files are renamed they won't cause a problem. Also, since missions are server-side, if you decide to host some multiplayer games with the missions, only the host (which is you) will need them.

You can also go the Mod route. This route requires you to activate the mod to play them. To do this just create a new folder with your mod name and include a Modscont.txt file and a Missions folder in there.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig