GR:AW ~ Ever available for the MAC?

Everything about GhR and its mods.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

GR:AW ~ Ever available for the MAC?

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:32 am

Over here in PC BF2 land we are all looking forward to the forthcoming release of Ghost Recon 3 (GR:AW)...

But as a Mac user I wonder whether it will ever come out for the MAC?

And even if it does, MAC users may have to have some beefy kit to run it.

What is your opinion?

(My get around is to have PC just for gaming - though I use a MAC professionally.)

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:39 pm

If it does every come to Mac, it will probably only be for the Intel Macs. I would think it would run nicely on a Intel Mac desktop when they come out. Also, since all the graphic cards companies are going universal we should be able to handle the GhR 3 load.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:12 am

Monoman wrote:If it does every come to Mac, it will probably only be for the Intel Macs. I would think it would run nicely on a Intel Mac desktop when they come out. Also, since all the graphic cards companies are going universal we should be able to handle the GhR 3 load.
Hi Mono (long time no see - so to speak! LOL)...

Anyway, do you mean by this that Intel Mac users may get the same choice of graphic cards as PC users in the future?

This would break done one of the main barriers to gaming on the Mac (IMHO)...

I must admit being a bit ignorant about the future of Mac systems under the new Intel architecture, but being able to have the choice in graphics cards that PC users do has always been on my 'wish list'.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:56 am

Yes that is what I mean. Somewhere I read that ATI and/or Nvidia were going to start producing a single version of their cards. I don't remember when all of the cards they make will be like that but one of their upcoming ones will be.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Post by Guest » Wed May 10, 2006 6:01 am

Well the bad news - now that GR:AW PC is now out is the very high spec that is required to run it.

Please do not believe the 'minimum spec' as advertised - have this and teh game is simply unplayable.

I have a pretty well spec'd machine with a NVidia 256mb GT-6800 card...

Not too shabby, and runs BF2 like a dream...But I tried the GR:AW demo and the game runs dreadfully slow, even in lower resolutions and setting!

:(

Even though there have now been a plethera of 'recommended video setting tweaks' been put up on the web to get people running a bit smoother, the best way to get around these problems still seems to be to buy a newer video card with 512mb memory!!!

I cancelled my pre-ordered GR:AW - and instead I may spend my cash on BF2142 instead.

I never thought I'd see the day (so soon) when my 4 month old 256mb GT-6800 would be 'not good enough'!

Geeze - I still run GR1 on my mac on a 64mb Radeon 7000! LOL

-