Kit problem

Questions and problems with GhR.
C4RN4G3

Kit problem

Post by C4RN4G3 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:13 am

And yet I have another problem!

I was messing around with the kit editor called KitMatrix or something, I used virtual pc.
Anyways with the kit editor I choose the ghr destination map on my normal harddisk (cool VPC feature).

I made a kit and pressed the Apply button, but that kind of screwed up some weapon kits in the game.
Some kits that have the claymore or the sensor in it are being replaced by a binocular, so instead of claymore it says binocular, and ingame changes to the binocular.
I tried installing it again and applying the updates, dragging the kits and equip from Origmiss and Mp1 from freshly installed/updated version to my Ghr game folder.
It didn't help and it's driving me insane!

Does anyone know a solution?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:41 pm

It sounds like KitMatrix came out before Desert Siege which means it wouldn't have the claymore and sensor filenames. Although I am just assuming that KitMatrix isn't reading your GhR files but going from built in info. Try replacing your Shell folders besides just replacing the files in Equip and Kits
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

C4RN4G3

Post by C4RN4G3 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:57 am

I solved it, but not that way.

In the kit folder of Mp1, there where two folder called "Multiplayer" and "multiplayer".
The last one contained two riflemen kits en two heavyweapon kits, they had the sensors and claymore replacing the binoculars.
So I placed these four files into the original kit map ("Multiplayer"), and now it works normal again.

So it appeared that the game ignored the kit replacements, while they still where there, now I deleted the old kits with the binoculars.
Those kits are never used so I could as well delete them anyways.

Thx for the help anyway :)