Emancipation. (Live Action)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Noodle
Delta Force

Emancipation. (Live Action)

Post by Noodle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:35 am

Another live action short I've been planning for the past week. I know, surprise, right? Meh.

April, 2013. As the Americans begin to leave the Russia they thought they had conquered a year ago, the Ultranationalists strike back when NATO is at it's weakest, destroying many installations and outposts.

Basically the same story for Initiation, but a couple months before it all began. Initiation might start again some weekend, but the snow is not going to last for too long. We'll see what happens. Meanwhile, enjoy this.

Also, this short marks the start of Viridian Productions. It's a freelanced movie group led by me and Amy, at macgamingmods.com. Most of my movies will go by this tag now.
AAaaaannnddd the walking lawn returns.

Fortune
Ranger

Re: Emancipation. (Live Action)

Post by Fortune » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:00 pm

Is that Ghile suit warm? I wonder what canadians think when they see a kid walking around in a ghile suit walking through their backyard through their igloo windows witha ghile suit that doesn't camoflauge at all with the surroundings
something like this: "what does that kid think he's doing, eh? Walking around in a ghile suit, eh? I don't see any enemies on standy by, eh? Wait, is that... Call of duty music, eh? Hide the hockey sticks! Eh?"
lol jk.
Not bad. I like the edited version of In The End.
But there wasn't much Emancipation goin on in this proclamation nation inside the station. Especially with the ration and the exclamation.
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Yeah, the reason why Initiation won't come to fruition is because my polar bear ran away when I stopped it at Tim Hortons for a FUCKING CANADIAN MAPLE SYRUP BACON SANDWICH THAT WE ALWAYS FUCKING EAT BECAUSE YOU AMERICANS ARE SO IGNORANT AND STUPID ABOUT US!!

But, uh, it was only about 4 celsius the day I filmed it, so it was mighty warm. I didn't even have to wear a hoodie under the ghillie.

And I called it Emancipation because of the fact that the Americans pretty much went "Iraqi Freedom" on Russia and randomly moved in to "restore order".

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:09 pm

I love how by you saying we Americans are so ignorant you're doing the same thing. Idiotic moron.

Fortune
Ranger

Post by Fortune » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Seafire wrote:Yeah, the reason why Initiation won't come to fruition is because my polar bear ran away when I stopped it at Tim Hortons for a FUCKING CANADIAN MAPLE SYRUP BACON SANDWICH THAT WE ALWAYS FUCKING EAT BECAUSE YOU AMERICANS ARE SO IGNORANT AND STUPID ABOUT US!!

But, uh, it was only about 4 celsius the day I filmed it, so it was mighty warm. I didn't even have to wear a hoodie under the ghillie.

And I called it Emancipation because of the fact that the Americans pretty much went "Iraqi Freedom" on Russia and randomly moved in to "restore order".
Actually we are always fucking eating. The stereotype is that we are fat assholes who are really condensending.
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:22 pm

[rant]
I hate you, Reagan. If you hadnt disbanded the US Metric Board we might actually have some decent units of measurement. Feet seem to me impossible to estimate, especially when dealing in the tens or hundreds. Temperature is idiotic; 32 degrees for frozen water? And what the hell is boiling then, I dont even remember. Surely it's not 100 degrees? And units of weight, forces, etc, dont even get me started. We, Burma, and Liberia are the only countries in the world - IN THE ENTIRE FREAKIN WORLD - that still use something other than metric.

Even so, everything here is already in metric. Look on your soda, on the car dashboard, thermometers. It's all there. Metric is the standard science unit, and I hate having to convert back and forth. It's stupid, tedious, and pointless. Being the "most scientifically advanced nation"**, Im amazed we have not converted already. English is the standard language of trade, and Metric is the standard unit for everything but here. In fact, the US was one of the first countries to have decimal-based currency. Meanwhile, Britain was still mucking around with shillings and pence or whatever (until the mid-1900's, even).

Also, having to measure in fractions is a pain. Why should I have to use 5/12 of a foot instead of some decimal number. Instead, if I try that I get a wonderful number like 0.416666667. So, 2.416666667 ft or 2 5/12 ft? It would be 2 ft 5 in, but what if you have fractions of inches? Now you are screwed. Instead, switch it to metric, because then you can break it down all the way to picometers so you can measure atoms. You know, 3.93700787 × 10^-11 inches? Yeah, that one. Or hell, go down to yoctometers if you feel like it. It makes not difference in the metric system.

One last thing. What the hell is a furlong? Oh, its 10 chains? I see. No wait... A chain is 4 rods? What a rod then? 25 links, you say? That makes sense. But wait, a link is 33/50 of a foot? Well thats just great. No, I dont want to hear about hogsheads and grains, dammit. GO AWAY!

**haha, right, like I believe that
[/rant]

What was I gonna say? Oh yeah... 4 C? Thats, what, 39.2 F? Seems cold enough for a ghillie suit to me.

PS: Who the hell names a unit of liquid volume a "jigger"?

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:16 pm

The thing feels like wearing a T-Shirt, pretty much. It feels "right" with a hoodie, but by March standards in Alberta that's fucking tropical.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 am

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

I did like the instrumental fade in though. Although I do like the way you did this, You could improve on this most definitely.

Get some of your friends to do this with you, so you have actors, and people you- 12 O COCK LOL, PLAYED AS I WAS TYPING- can actually video tape you shooting, I suggest shooting paint balls filled with either red paint or ketchup off screen. Or just do digital effects, i was dissapointed by the lack of death shots, although the sniper scope was moderately thirst quenching.

I also see a lot of COD MW2 feel in here, which i guess isn't really bad, it did give a tinge of familiarity that made me keep watching. The transitions from rl to game was nice, but could've been better, I would've done a crossfade effect, when the camera looked up. and next time, if your in the snow, be sure the game is too!

Keep going man, these are getting better.
Seafire wrote:Yeah, the reason why Initiation won't come to fruition is because my polar bear ran away when I stopped it at Tim Hortons for a FUCKING CANADIAN MAPLE SYRUP BACON SANDWICH THAT WE ALWAYS FUCKING EAT BECAUSE YOU AMERICANS ARE SO IGNORANT AND STUPID ABOUT US!!

lol.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:52 pm

Do like this:

The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 pm

How about this.
Initiation Script wrote:*King coughs a bit, then feels for his MP5K. Instead he finds an AK-47 in a nearby bush.*

*He grabs the AK, then looks around for any survivors. He finds nobody.*

*Suddenly, a Russian with a flashlight and a Mini-UZI moves towards King's location. King instantly hides in a bush. Russian walks by slowly.*

*King slowly moves away*

King: King's Court, this is Bravo Echo 6. Come in.

King: This is Bravo Echo 6, my bird is down and I appear to be the only survivor. Does anyone copy?

King: FUCK!

*King turns around just to have the Russian kick him in the gut. King falls backwards. Just as the Russian is about to gun him down, King takes out his Desert Eagle and shoots the Russian in the face. The Russian falls backwards, dead.*

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:54 pm

I think Russians are tired of being the bad guys.

Make up a new freaking villain country for goodness sake.
The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:16 pm

I was thinking of going for Iran or Pakistan for the next movie. Which will be in the desert.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:23 pm

@Devious: Yes.

Fortune
Ranger

Post by Fortune » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:13 pm

How about we make the americans the bad guys this time? Have it set from the point of view of an iraqi.
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Seafire not logged in for some reason

Post by Seafire not logged in for some reason » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:29 pm

That might be an option, then show how the protagonist was drafted and has to cope with fighting the NATO forces in 1991, except that I don't have the right guns or the costumes to try that. Although we'll see. The desert thing will be this summer.

Meanwhile, a movie will be made within the next 10 hours.