MGM: Origins

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
tokage
Ranger

Re: MGM: Origins

Post by tokage » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Ah yes. My name originated from japanese classes. You see, tokage means 'lizard' in japanese. Then, at some point I found out an alternative to my original thoughts on the name, referring to weed. That's two names referring to weed in one topic. After that, everyone kept calling me tokage, so it didn't really matter. So I changed my name back. So there. And also, for new people, my old av was a modified Custodian from ODST. People thought it looked like an olive. So there.

EDIT: Also, bunnies, I was the one who called you impaled flabja. It was because of a Seattle Times article about a drunk man who believed he was a ninja. The man attempted to jump a fence and was impaled. Up the arse. Where is that article... Here it is

'Overconfident in his abilities.' lol

EDIT2: Oh wait, here's a more extensive article. LINKY!

Häwk-Eye
Peon

Post by Häwk-Eye » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:11 am

When I was in 4th Grade, my friends introduced me to the games Starwars Battlefront, Halo: Combat Evolved and CoD 2: The Big Red One. After getting used the game and having face offs against them, they were amazed at my abilities with long-range weapons. One day they caught me reading a graphic novel called "ShadowHawk" and said, "Your new name is now Hawk-Eye". That name has pretty much stuck to me my entire life for everything: Interwebz, School and Xbox 360.
Darktails the Anti-Hero wrote:Sexual Predators are everywhere 0.o
Sparky wrote:You should exercise your research bone.
~Häwk-Eye~

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:32 am

^ same here, friends call me pie-man :D

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:31 am

Back when I was younger, and my favorite game was Metroid Prime Hunters,and my favourite of the "hunters" in the game was Noxus. So, given that my first name starts with "M", I switched the "N" in Noxus for "M" and "Moxus" was born.

:D.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Häwk-Eye
Peon

Post by Häwk-Eye » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:58 pm

My friend is now spazzing out after you mentioned Noxus :D
He loves Noxus.
~Häwk-Eye~

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:33 am

Hmm... Well, if I went by Moxus's name thing, I would be Rilux. Which sounds cool but I'd rather not. Some of you already know the real origin of my name...

Perhaps it will remain a secret to the rest of you...

:tongue:
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Häwk-Eye wrote:My friend is now spazzing out after you mentioned Noxus :D
He loves Noxus.
<3.
Kayar wrote:Hmm... Well, if I went by Moxus's name thing, I would be Rilux. Which sounds cool but I'd rather not. Some of you already know the real origin of my name...

Perhaps it will remain a secret to the rest of you...

:tongue:
Kewl :D
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Damn you Kayar, I have always wanted to know your origin.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Seafire: I was originally "Elemental_Train" or elemttrain which was the short version I had to fit in a clan tag way back in Starcraft. And then I was all like fuck that and named myself after a plane. Which was spitfire. And to fit in a clan tag in Halo I was Seafire.

Noodle: Seafire turned into the douche side of me and I was called noodle at school so I used that and boom.

Häwk-Eye
Peon

Post by Häwk-Eye » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:44 am

Thag wrote:Damn you Kayar, I have always wanted to know your origin.
Kayar..... pl0x??
~Häwk-Eye~

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:30 am

YEAH I KNOW KAYARSSSS

wait i forget if it was the kay or the ar....
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:10 am

Cause my name is cool.
The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

I just came up with mine randomly off the top of my head. I first used "Sparky" with GameRanger. I was first trying to think of something scary and intimidating, but those I thought of seemed simply lame. I took a turn and came up with a lighthearted name instead.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:12 pm

This goes back a long way and requires the full story. Because you will see how unoriginal I am after this.

So, my first ever online multiplayer game was Starcraft that I borrowed from a friend (I didn't have a serial number for installing, so instead I inputted 16 random alphanumeric digits!). Later I got the game for myself, and going online, I needed a username. I was so unoriginal I tried "blizzard software". Obviously that didn't work (and if you don't know why, shame on you). So I shortened it to b_software. This stuck through Starcraft and into the long, long ago days of Runescape. Some guy wanted to get rid of his Runescape account named (surprise surpise!) Draconic74. I took it and, never having come up with anything more original than that or b_software, I proceeded to use it for all my online stuff. If you google it, you will find many, many mentions. So now it's my standard. If you try and contact me, you can bet the name will be "Draconic74".

I'm so incredibly creative!

Actually, there is one creative thing. My friend got me playing EvE Online for a few months. Not being able to use numbers in the characters name, I corrupted my normal username into "Draconis Soventefor". No joke, go look it up. I appear on two killboards. Some guy warped out of nowhere and destroyed the ship that I was improperly using for mining. Then paid me back ten times over, presumably because he was not supposed to kill alliance members neutral towards his own alliance. Epic lawlz ensued.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:04 am

^ :o wow! i didn't know that! pretty interesting story!
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig