Irene

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Fortune
Ranger

Re: Irene

Post by Fortune » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:16 pm

I didnt lose any power or water. hell yeah +1 for NJ and SO
However a ton of my buds lost power and still dont have it, and some have brown water. Ive tried to convince them its chocolate milk.
I went outside and there was this giant tree that got split in two directly down the middle and had DEMOLISHED someones roof. There were also a lot of places where big trees had ripped up pavement in the process of being torn out of the ground.
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:17 pm

Haha I was just watching this on the news heard it on the radio but they made it sound new York was bad then I was like nooooooo ammy. But glad ya alright. But it's just the world doing the 100 year cycle of storms.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:10 pm

Mota-Lev wrote:they made it sound like new York was bad then I was like nooooooo ammy. But glad ya alright.
Hahah that's like me with the floods or whatever in australia ;P.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:22 pm

Im in Maryland and all we had was wind and rain for two straight days. And knocked out power, obviously. But mostly at night, so no big deal. Guess Maryland is a bit more prepared for this sort of weather compared to Maine. At least once a week we had rain and lightning, so two days was sort of meh. Its the wind that really missed things up.

But soon I'll be back in Seattle, where the only natural disaster is earthquakes that California bumps in our direction. Which is pretty much never. St. Helens though... That could be a problem in the future.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:28 am

There is literally a wall of downed trees on the riverbank below my house. A large metal gate is caught between two trees, flipped vertical, looks like it came from a farm and the nearest farm is several miles upriver. There are a lot of knocked out bridges around here. In town, a building was pulled down the street around 100-200 yards from its original position. We have to go through everything in our basement, all of it is covered in mud and water, we have to throw a ton of stuff out and sort and clean everything else. The beach down at the river, where I used to swim as a kid, is covered in large boulders and rocks that were moved there. An old stone wall on our property was destroyed. On a normal day, the river is like 10-20 feet below our house, but during the storm it flooded our basement and destabilized the deck outside our kitchen, which means it was pretty much at house level. I've seen pictures of places near here where half the road was gone. The entire town is running on a limited supply of water. Some people didn't have internet for a few days, others still don't even have power.

Edit: Oh yeah, and this, in town. I live out of town, but right on the river...
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 pm

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:46 am

I guess the east coast angered Zeus. And Poseidon. And Cthulu.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:26 am

People should take pics and put them up here of what happened in their area.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:08 am

Agreed.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:07 pm

My basement got flooded, I had to get it pumped out and it smelled like shit down there since. But NOW, with all these storms, my basement got flooded AGAIN! SO now I got to call them back to pump it out AGAIN! My insurance covered the 1st time, but now...
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Vegerot wrote:My basement got flooded, I had to get it pumped out and it smelled like shit down there since. But NOW, with all these storms, my basement got flooded AGAIN! SO now I got to call them back to pump it out AGAIN! My insurance covered the 1st time, but now...
I have a nice pump in my basement that was around 300 dollaz and it auto starts when it detects water. very useful and cost effective.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Lucky cunts >.>
I haven't been into the city centre in about 8 months, and that was the only place where anything interesting happened in this goddamn town.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Mgalekgolo wrote:
Vegerot wrote:My basement got flooded, I had to get it pumped out and it smelled like shit down there since. But NOW, with all these storms, my basement got flooded AGAIN! SO now I got to call them back to pump it out AGAIN! My insurance covered the 1st time, but now...
I have a nice pump in my basement that was around 300 dollaz and it auto starts when it detects water. very useful and cost effective.
Oh. It's actually really dumb, because the people that came to pump the water out of the basement didn't realize that THE SUMP PUMP was off!!! I had to realize their mistake the hard way ----)
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.