Fuck you too, Apple. (Plus massive rant...)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Dead Site
Veteran

Re: Fuck you too, Apple. (Plus massive rant...)

Post by Dead Site » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:50 am

[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:38 am

Yes, but because I only own Macs, cross-platform means nothing. Steam achievements, and steam itself, are not particularly appealing. Given the choice between running a game as any other application, and starting up a bloated third-party app to run my game, I'd pick the former. Plus, I have app store money gifted to make use of too.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:27 pm

^

Choices are good. Cheevos are meh, and most of the ones in the game are either secret or story-driven. Also, the main point of the link was to say "HEY. ITS ON MAC NOW. GO BUY IT"

Besides, I use Steam just cause many of my games are by Valve. And because I can get Borderlands GOTY for $8 as opposed to App Store's $60. Sure, I can't run it on my Mac but that is what Bootcamp is for. And I wouldn't feel any shame in torrenting a Mac version afterwards, although there wouldn't be a point.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:06 pm

I think it's worth pointing out that Steve Jobs died yesterday.

Anyway, I agree with Kayar's original post. My comment is that the world is made up of individual living beings with different personalities and characteristics. It must be this way or we will never thrive as a planet.
Think about all the oxymoron beliefs that media tries to feed you, and you'll learn that it's best to avoid that, take your time and do a shining job with things, and do what is healthy and good to do for yourself and all other people. Remember to be a neighbor to all other people, even those who obviously have emotional issues and make your life hell because they don't know any better or are feeling afraid and out of control.

Most people just need to hear from other people that they are more valuable than objects. I don't care if you smell like piss and shit or have BO worse than a skunk, I'm going to treat you with respect and a smile because you are a valuable human being. Case closed.

Media will tell you otherwise. Media has a truckload of shit problems that it needs to shovel through before it will become useful to anyone. Maybe they can use it to fertilize trees or something.

Parents must discipline and teach their children by example and provide them with what they need to survive in a dwelling place that is safe from emotional and physical harm. People need to talk to each other more and take each other seriously, not treat each other with fucking puppy dog love. Love and sex are not related in any way, shape or form. Media will of course tell you anything to sell you dirt. Television is a complete waste of time and always -- ALWAYS -- does more harm than good. If you want physical and mental chaos and torture, watch television. Otherwise, live your own life and start rebuilding society by interacting with the people around you.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:00 pm

:clap:

Except, I will say that, I disagree with the idea that ALL television is a complete waste of time. I would argue film/television as a whole is an art form, and can't be generalized. Yes, much of the media is crap, but looking at educational programs, films with good cinematography, stories, those which teach morals, some comedy, etc. anything with higher intellectual quality, tends to be worth watching. George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series of books is being turned into a mini-series, first season/book is already out, and it's brilliant, mostly because they did a very good job of staying true to the books. Hopefully most of you know the Firefly series and the movie Serenity (if you don't, go watch them on Netflix, starting with Firefly, Serenity is a movie which comes after, I'm not going to go into an explanation of this. You will not be disappointed). Firefly told a story, developed its characters, drew its audience in not with cheap brain-rotting crap but with an engaging story which brought up questions about human nature and had brilliant writing and creative merit. Then there's comedy, everyone needs a good laugh, and you won't find me saying that watching The Princess Bride is a waste of time, though I won't argue that other comedic media can be crap. On the other hand, the comedy medium has been used for satire, which exposes/points out social ills, something even The Simpsons did when it was good.

I view reality shows, Fox News, and some crappy sitcoms/soap operas as being wastes of time, but there's still plenty of other television out there worth viewing...
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:30 am

Good History Channel and Discovery Channel documentaries, and very few of what Cartoon Network has to offer is the only TV I could even stand to watch. I don't watch TV at all, but during the summer I had access to cable, and I'm amazed how little there actually is to watch with 100+ channels. Absolutely goddamn amazing.

Also, Adventure Time FTW.
Last edited by draconic74 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.