Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary; Are YOU Buying it?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary; Are YOU Buying it?

Post by Sparky » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:40 am

No.

Although I'm convinced that simply making more complex graphics just detracts from the gameplay. It's almost like playing paintball: the more sensory information you have, the more brainpower it takes to focus on it. That's why animal sensory organs are so much larger than human sensory organs -- why their brains are basically focused around their senses. But if you place an animal in a setting where there is less sensory information, then you start to see behaviors resembling human emotions. Vice versa with people also, depending upon the person and situation.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:38 pm

I don't know why, but what I got out of that was that humans are desensitized in every way already. But with physical senses, not emotional ones.

It is funny that the most intelligent species on Earth is also terribly weak, comparatively small, and not suited to living in extreme environments.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:35 am

I think i'll stick to enjoying shooting avatars of people over the internet with no regard to the violence it depicts :)