Make the MGM homepage prettier

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Yarok
Ranger

Re: Make the MGM homepage prettier

Post by Yarok » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Definitely not compensating.
TaxiService wrote:I've got no soul
As I surreptitiously put my tallywhacker into the jet

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:42 pm

draconic74 wrote:
Yarok wrote:I suggest fantabulous instead.
You say that, and first thing that comes to mind is this guy:
LOL
useewhatididthar

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:42 am

For HDM, Vegerot suggested that mod authors have their own page unique to their mod where they can give information about what they did in it. I suggest:

1. The mod author uploads their file to HDM.
2. The file's File page (for example, http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:Toon.zip) would be the 2nd tab at the top of the Vector skin page. The 3rd tab would be the "Discussion" tab. The 1st and default "Info" tab would be a new page named after the file.
3. The mod author would choose a template for their Info page, depending upon whether it's for an image, application, or mod.
4. They fill out the page with friendly information. That Info page would be reserved for information such as the background of the mod, the program used to take the screenshot, credits, and so forth.

New method:

1. Visit the upload page (http://upload.halodemomods.com/) and you'll notice it's new. You have three different methods of uploading files now.
2. Decide what method to use; if you are uploading a mod, do what it says there: make a new page with the title of your mod as the page title and add your mod as an attachment to that page.

The Mod Database also needs to be divided into separate tabs so that only a part of its 14 MB size is loading at a time. I'm sure nil can cater HDemoLauncher to such a new layout.

I'm going to get started on making this happen now.

EDIT: Done.
I had to incorporate this information upon updating to 1.18.0.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Yarok wrote:Definitely not compensating.
Well, this is the original art. It's a lot smaller, but you know what Anime does.

The Chinese art is just so much better though. Also, if you want overcompensation:

ImageImage

Yeah... Btw, that sword is actually bigger in-game, and he just drags it around. There are better pictures for scale, but that one has the sword placed so perfectly, I couldn't resist >_>