Feels like stealing

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
draconic74
Green Beret

Re: Feels like stealing

Post by draconic74 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:52 pm

nil has basically got it down.

In terms of gaming history though, I would like to add that although consoles, along with arcades, grew the video game industry in general, PC evolved the FPS, TPS, and RTS genres because consoles could not.

I should also rephrase my earlier statement to make it properly reflect what I was thinking:

This is why the market for PC games is so much better to be on.

I checked Google's shopping thing (not the best, I know) and Just Cause 2 comes up as $20-$30 for consoles. That is without the DLC that will probably never go on sale on consoles. For whatever reason, the price of console games does not lower in the way it does for PC games. Less then a year, and Portal 2 on Steam is selling for half of what it was at the initial release. Consoles are still $10 more (Google shopping thing, again). Perhaps it's because Microsoft and Sony control their respective marketplaces with no competition, where Steam competes with a few other distributors. Or perhaps it's because you guys still have the need to buy physical disks through retail stores. Or perhaps it's just the way I think, although I know for a fact in the small amount of time I have had Steam I have bought more games and yet spent less money then I did on my 360.

Point is, I like PC gaming better now, though I used to defend consoles. Because I seem to spend a lot less money for a lot more stuff now. And then they throw sales at me on top of it...

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:46 am

I opened my steam today and saw my friend who moved to another country in September decided to give me the valve complete pack. Ima gonna be playing alot more steam. Though I don't know what to do with the PC games included in it.
The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:13 am

It's ok, the best games in the pack are on Mac anyway.