My Parents fighting :(

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Zanghfei
Ranger

My Parents fighting :(

Post by Zanghfei » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:32 pm

10:20, 12 February 2012

That day my parents fight.

My mother is calling her friends to buy the ticket for access to far aways form Canada (Nord America).
She told my father: "My friends will give the ticket in 10 minutes."
My father has not even stay patient and begin a "out of control"
The reason may-beings because he is impatient and wants to call his country (family member or friends) to speak.
And "BANG!" suddenly. Plates up, bowls, knives flying through the air, 1 / 5 flying furnitures broken.
I go down. And I said WTF WHAT HAPPEN!? (I don't actually said WTF. You know what i Mean)
I do interfere / intercept the fighting scene.
"My dad want to leave the house and my mother wont Him to leave."
Parent still fighting. my dog ​​is afraid.
5 minutes later. Another BAM. in the basement.
My sister went to the basement, and hit by my father.
She went to her room.

Average-cool and hot is now Beggan.

Still a good idea that i interfere / intercept?
I'm still a teenager.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: My Parents fighting :(

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:47 pm

I'd get a social worker or convince your mother to leave. If your dad hit your sister, thats a big problem.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Maxxy

Post by Maxxy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Domestic Violence, no matter the severity, should be reported and dealt with. Contact emergency services.
The Remains of Hostbot Are Here.

Editor-In-Chief of thetechtIle

http://thetechtile.com/

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Oh man. :( Try to interfere the least possible. And contact somebody who can help you and your family. Do you have any friend, relative or professor you can go ask help to? (in case of emergency you can always call the cops)

I am so sorry. :( I know how it feels. In my case my parents don't (usually) throw stuff to each others, so if I just ignore them it's fine.
I would tell you to just ignore your parents, but i don't know them! I don't know if they will become violent or what else, so all the advice i can give you is to seek help. :(

Remember: be strong and shit. :)
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:18 pm

If this happens again phone the police.
The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:44 am

I'm really sorry to read this; I experienced a lot of arguing growing up, and I know how bad it can be. If you ever want to talk, please don't hesitate; click on my sig, and from there, you can e-mail me, FB me, or find other ways to get in touch.

Take care.
-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:52 am

I basically second everything that's already been said; I experienced a lot of that kind of thing growing up with my sister also. My parents eventually divorced when it was time for me to go to college.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Holy shit, I hope Zanghfei is all right. :( He didn't post since this thread… I wonder what happened to him.
MGM Sig

Gogeta ;)

Post by Gogeta ;) » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:46 pm

800-799-SAFE (7233)
That's the first thing. Second of all, while I'm definitely NOT trying to condone this; has this only happened once, or has this happened multiple times? If this only happened once and is not going to happen again then maybe your father was just VERY upset for some reason, and it may not be necessary to contact services. However, if this has happened since or has happened before, even if it only happened once before, call that number I posted above. If you live in the US, someone will be there to help you. I'll post it again 800-799-SAFE

Yarok
Ranger

Post by Yarok » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Not to spoil the mood or anything, and my regards to you Zanghfei, but I'm not sure if the National Domestic Violence Hotline of America reaches China.
TaxiService wrote:I've got no soul
As I surreptitiously put my tallywhacker into the jet

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:43 pm

China? Isn't Zanghfei canadian? He speaks french!!
MGM Sig

Yarok
Ranger

Post by Yarok » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:57 pm

I always thought he was Chinese for some reason... Aren't Canadians and Chinese the same though?

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 pm

you mean Chinadians? no! those are a different thing!
MGM Sig

Yarok
Ranger

Post by Yarok » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Well, there's Noodle.

Back to the topic at hand though.

Gogeta ;)

Post by Gogeta ;) » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:21 am

Develop a safety plan.

A safety plan should include the following:
• Arranging alternate sources of accommodation.
• Keeping a spare set of car keys.
• Keeping a list of emergency numbers of friends and professionals including cab companies and lawyers.
• Keeping a hidden supply of emergency funds.
• Keep a record of abusive incidents and to whom they were reported.
Keep important documents such as the children’s birth certificates, passports, financial information, bank cards, etc. in a safe place where the abuser is not likely to find it.

If there has been physical violence or threats the police should be told. If the abuser has not left, the victim should call 911 and stay on the line until the police arrive. There is a reason for this; the fact that a victim is speaking with the police may be intimidating to the abuser who will try and talk the victim into hanging up. The victim should not hang up. Also, it is recommended that the victim avoid the kitchen (for obvious reasons) and the bathroom. A bathroom tends to be a confined space with only one exit and a number of hard surfaces that can cause serious injury.

After an incident of violence, if the perpetrator has left the premises, the victim should immediately go to an emergency room or clinic to be treated and for a record of the injury to be made. A photograph should be taken if possible. Following the medical examination, the victim should report the violence to the police.

PLEASE NOTE that there is no longer any reporting to the police just to put the complaint "on the record," without charges being laid. If someone reports abuse (especially physical abuse or threatening physical abuse) to the police, charges will almost certainly be laid. Once the charges are laid, it will be difficult to have them withdrawn. If a complainant subsequently refuses to co-operate with the police or changes his or her story at or before trial, there is risk the complainant might be charged with public mischief or obstruction of justice.

This is not meant to deter a person who has been physically abused from reporting the incident. However, victims should be aware of the consequences that arise from allegations of abuse. For anyone who may consider making a false allegation of physical abuse to the police, you will find that the situation quickly and literally leaves your control. Such an allegation cannot easily be retracted, if at all.

After a report has been made to the police, a victim should find a safe place to go. There are many shelters in the Toronto-area that are clean, comfortable and secure. If the victim does not have a lawyer he or she should contact the lawyer referral service [(416) 947-3333 or on the web at http://www.lsuc.on.ca/public/referral_en.jsp so that you can get into court and obtain an order for exclusive possession of your home as quickly as possible.
Google can work wonders.