Sparky, you'd like this.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Vegerot
SEAL

Sparky, you'd like this.

Post by Vegerot » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:04 pm

This is one of my favorite bands EVER! Hear her story, I think you might find something in this.

Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Sparky, you'd like this.

Post by Sparky » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Now take away the music and change the sex of the person to a male and you invite 80% more people to hate. What the hell is wrong with our society where we lack such compassion for each other?

I'm glad she was actually at a church and that the person who spoke with her at the door actually obeyed God.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Listen to her music. It's actually really good. The music is good, and the lyrics are REALLY deep. Like it made me consider becoming a Christian for like two seconds. [notyelling]I LOVE her music![/notyelling]
Last edited by Vegerot on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:36 pm

There is a problem here:

1. I don't like people yelling at me.
2. God is a God of Peace, and I can appreciate the attempted dichotomy of violence in her music when resolution is in sight
3. It is not her music or her words which will make a person understand, but a reflection of that person's being which will indicate that a person is willing to understand

Consider the music of J.S. Bach, a man who certainly worked for God. Is his music particularly inspired by God, or is it perhaps the fact that a person finds some sort of peace of mind in his music and is willing to seek God anyway?

Music is neither good nor bad; it is "unmoral", as a musician has previously said. The person who hears it will use it for either good or bad, though, because they are moral.

It is a reflection of yourself that you are willing to seek God. Remember how Jesus Christ said, "Every plant that my Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots," and called those who were enabled by God to come to him his sheep and, "my sheep know my voice; they will run away from a stranger because they do not recognize him; my sheep listen to me and I call them by name." [paraphrased]. So if you are enabled by God to seek him, you will seek him and the truth. If you are not, you will not. That and the fact that God is in control is the crux of the matter.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Wow, this "Jesus" guy sure says a lot.

I kid, I kid.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:49 pm

Yo Sparky, go look up Nocturnal Rainbows by Hopsin. I'm sure you'll love it from the very first line!
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.