Wanted to pay my respects to a community that inspired me.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Andor
Operative

Re: Wanted to pay my respects to a community that inspired m

Post by Andor » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:13 am

I'll think about it :)!

Minor update:

For those of you that have been sat on the fence or uncertain, Amazon has made the book available for free as part of a marketing push for a short amount of time, so get it here while you can!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andor-Awakening ... 674&sr=1-1

-A
Go Here: http://hosted.filefront.com/TheAndor
For my Mods, including the Evolution Trilogy, Refresh, and More....

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 am

Just downloaded, though I feel like I should have paid money to support you, unless Amazon is paying you for each download? In any case, going to read it. Upon opening it though, first impression: No paragraph breaks. Was this intentional, like in "Blindness" by Jose Saramago, or is this Amazon uploading a bad version of the book again?
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Andor
Operative

Post by Andor » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:50 am

Kayar, the first paragraph should read:
The sun hung over the city of Lewë with a piercing gaze, glaring down at it from its zenith amongst the wash of the cold blue sky. No clouds accompanied it. Instead, it was the single break in an otherwise seamless sheet of azure. A bleak wind had arisen from the north and was sweeping across the city's heavily manned battlements, tugging at the helms of the wavering soldiers who stood, laden with dread and pent up apprehension, staring out over the earth in front of them. The line of soldiers ran the entire length of the battlements, which spanned over thousands of feet. Behind them sat rows of archers, awaiting the order to release a volley of arrows. Beyond this sat the city itself, a sprawling mass of mismatched stone and wood, and then a huge sheet of stone that signaled the beginning of the second tier of the city; and above that, jutting out over everything, was the triangular column of the citadel, a hulking mass of smooth grey stone.
Then there should be the start of a new indented paragraph. If this is not the case, then somehow you have got an outdated draft.

The promotion will end on sunday, so if you really want to support me that much then you can always delete and re-download on the Monday, I would certainly appreciate it. I have no reviews yet on the US store, so that would help greatly as well.

EDIT:

It should look like this:

http://postimage.org/image/66h7gmdln/

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:22 am

It does look like that, but, that's what I mean. I can't tell where a paragraph starts or ends, as you have no indentations. You may want to rethink that format and add indentations, as without indentations it is harder for a reader to get his or her bearings and harder to organize what subjects are being described when. Having no indentations/paragraph breaks is something which should not be done except for a reason, usually thematically, as done by Jose Saramago in "Blindness."
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
MGM Sig

Andor
Operative

Post by Andor » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Kayar wrote:It does look like that, but, that's what I mean. I can't tell where a paragraph starts or ends, as you have no indentations. You may want to rethink that format and add indentations, as without indentations it is harder for a reader to get his or her bearings and harder to organize what subjects are being described when. Having no indentations/paragraph breaks is something which should not be done except for a reason, usually thematically, as done by Jose Saramago in "Blindness."
Hey dude, fix is incoming ASAP. I'm just waiting for it to go live. It has all the correct indentation. Expect it within 12 hours. Please don't judge the book based on this minor miscalculation- redownload it in 12 hours when a corrected draft is available, and it will still be free (all the way through until Sunday).

-A

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Okay, cool!

I'm not trying to judge the book based on that. I read the prologue and liked what I read. I just wasn't sure if the lack of indentation was intentional or not, and it sounded like it was, so I was giving a suggestion. I will redownload and read.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

Andor
Operative

Post by Andor » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Kayar wrote:Okay, cool!

I'm not trying to judge the book based on that. I read the prologue and liked what I read. I just wasn't sure if the lack of indentation was intentional or not, and it sounded like it was, so I was giving a suggestion. I will redownload and read.
Good to know :)!

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Everyone: please re-download the corrected edition.
To do this simply go to your account and then the "Manage Your Kindle" section under the heading "Settings". Go to the "Actions" button next to Andor Awakening, click it and choose "delete from library". Confirm, then go back to here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andor-Awakening ... 165&sr=8-1

From there you can download the book again for free while this weekend lasts. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, and please don't base your reviews off the previous versions formatting.

-A

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Just makin' sure, this is how it's supposed to look? Image
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Vegerot, as Andor said the second paragraph is supposed to be indened, like proper writing. Mine is indented, your's does not seem to be. Also, you appear to be missing the X – + and title at the top of your Kindle for Mac window :P

[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Well I just downloaded the Kindle app on my iPad, and this is what I see. Image
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Andor
Operative

Post by Andor » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:36 am

Vegerot, this is what it looks like on my iPad (and should look like on yours):

I strongly suggest you go ahead to your Manage Kindle Section, delete Andor Awakening, then go back and redownload it. That should fix any issues your having.

To anybody and all; it would mean a huge amount to me if you could like the book and/or give it a positive review if you're enjoying it. It makes a huge difference to the amount of people I reach and how they perceive the book, and I would be eternally grateful. Thanks so much for all your support guys. Spread the word!

-A

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:02 am

? There is no "manage my Kindle" section on my iPad. However, I did delete and redownload Andor: Awakening from the Cloud, and it still looks the same.

Why don't you publish it on the iBooks store?

Andor
Operative

Post by Andor » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:57 am

Vegerot, I will be in the future, but I'm locked into an exclusivity deal with Amazon for ninety days. The manage kindle section is on the Amazon website in your account settings. You to delete it there and the re-download it from the product page here:

http://www.amazon.com/Andor-Awakening-S ... 174&sr=8-1

Hope that helps.

-A

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:01 pm

:D

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:04 pm

iBooks Author might help for that.

Also, I noticed two instances of Andor on Amazon, both with their price ripped off. I think it was either that one was $1.99 and the other $2.99 or one was $1.99 and the other was $4.99. I downloaded the more expensive version and I got the indent, so, I don't know.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]