Enough is enough.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Do you, as a member of this community, ask Sparky to stop preaching his religion.

Yes, i believe that it is detrimental to our stability as a community.
2
33%
Yes, I don't want his views and opinions on the subject of Religion.
2
33%
No, He has equal right to be here and preach his views at us.
2
33%
No, I am honestly interested in his views and take them as my own.
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 6

User avatar
Smythe
Commando
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:52 am
Location: 'Straya Mate

Enough is enough.

Post by Smythe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 pm

I need a show of hands, who has heard enough of Sparky and his incessant ramblings about his faith?
His talk of god has done nothing but harm this small community, i have reduced my visits by an incredible amount purely because i don't want to hear his thoughts of god and "wisdom" on every single subject that arises.

I am going to politely ask you to stop.

Do not use this thread for personal attacks against me or any other member of the community. I also ask that Mono does not delete or lock it.
Image

User avatar
Modzy
Green Beret
Posts: 3058
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by Modzy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:12 am

I do not mind it within the General Discussion when it is his own topics. However, it does need to stay out of the Halo boards.

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by Sparky » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:31 am

Everything I say is for your own benefit. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Now Smythe, take a look at what you are saying and at the attitude you are conveying. Surely judgment is a precarious thing because it often slides to hypocrisy. So God tells us not to judge or condemn or be angry at each other. Surely we are all flawed in some manner or another, and pointing out those flaws is not why we were created. It's also a horribly poor way to invest time in focusing upon negatives.

But when I choose to say something to you, it is for your own benefit, not mine. If I were worried about myself, I would go elsewhere and flee from every hardship and persecution. But these things would simply follow me around and I would become distracted from life by running all the time; my focus would be usurped from where it should be which is to God. See, that is what fear and evil do to you: they seek to destroy you and distract you and dissipate (synonymous with distract) you away from fulfilling the meaning -- yes, the very purpose -- for your life. How can you obey God if you do not first perceive him? So they distract you and say, "Hey, look at me, I can save you, so trust in your fears instead." A man who trusts in fear dies miserably and his house -- his life -- blows over and crashes completely destroyed at the slightest hint of storms in this life. You see, these kinds of people -- paranoid, for lack of a better term -- retaliate and do wicked things to serve their own lives, and therefore die by their own self-service. But a person who trusts in God obeys God when he says, "do not kill" and "love your enemies and pray for those who mistreat you" and "do not hate your brother in your heart" and "love your neighbor as yourself" and "worship the Lord your God and serve him only". And so I know that God is the only constant and the only one who is absolutely Good. Putting my trust in him alone, the Lord God Almighty, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, my Heavenly Father who is with me always through Jesus Christ and his Holy Spirit, this my friend(s) is the best investment. And the greatest comfort I know is that The Lord is my Righteousness and my Salvation.

So you can notice your own flaws and be humble in heart before God and ask for forgiveness. He said, "If you forgive your brother when he sins against you, my Heavenly Father will forgive you your sins. But if you do not forgive your brother when he sins against you, my Heavenly Father will not forgive you your sins." It pays to not be ignorant in this; forgive and you will be forgiven... or else. And really nobody should be seeking to anger God.

I'm glad we can communicate. Will you forsake God's words or will you accept eternal life of true happiness for your soul? This is the choice each person must make for themselves. (I'm glad nobody took a vote upon how worthy I am to be taught by God or else I would dwell in darkness forever and have no hope at all. Therefore, seek Life and understand by looking to God, and he will save you from whatever situation you find yourself. He can, and he will, if you are smart enough to trust in him. God said again and again that we should not be afraid but trust in God. Trusting and loving God is therefore part of obeying God, because it stems from the life God gave us through his words, through his Holy Spirit.)

This is a narrow gate, a narrow doorway, a narrow path to eternal life. Do not be left outside, knocking on the door and asking to be let in:
Luke 13:22-30 wrote:22Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

26“Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

28“There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”
Jesus Christ came preaching repentance and forgave us our sins. He has all authority over heaven and earth and is The Lord God Almighty, one with God his Father, and made us all one in him so that we might be one with God through him. He sanctified himself in God's Word so that we would be saved through him. This command he received from his Father, Our Father, so that God would be glorified in him. Read:

http://niv.scripturetext.com/john/17.htm
1After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

6“I have revealed you(footnote a) to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one. 12While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

13“I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17Sanctify(footnote b) them by the truth; your word is truth. 18As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

20“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

24“Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

25“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

Footnotes:
a 6 Greek your name; also in verse 26
b 17 Greek hagiazo (set apart for sacred use or make holy); also in verse 19
My time is limited here at MacGamingMods, and here on Earth. Your time is also limited here. Therefore, I have sought to speak to you of things that are truly important and about that which you can actually do something for yourself and for others that will have much greater implications -- "fruit that will last" -- because it deals with God and how God deals with each of us... it concerns our relationship with God. There is no secret here if you learn from God; do not let yourself wander around on treacherous paths where you will fall from lack of knowing God, but know God and choose to either obey him and do what is good and right for yourself, for others, and for God, or decide to disobey God and suffer a curse on your entire life which will be to be blinded to God. I would think you want to see and do good things in life and to know God and be happy in Jesus Christ as your Righteousness and Salvation.

If I continue speaking of things which have little significance, such as computer games, these will only distract you from that which is really important if I neglect to serve you and God in this way. Each person must "seek first the Kingdom of God, and then all these [other things you need in life] will be given to you." You see, life is short. People are starving to death and dying and living in misery everywhere on earth. Playing computer games is not going to help these people, nor will ignoring them when they cry for help. You must work for true justice not by living in fear of death but by working for God. Have in mind the things of God, not the things of man.

You see all that money? It's crap. I hate it. Why? Because it's based upon manipulation, blackmail and self-service. If you serve only yourself, your entire life's work perishes with you... and quite frankly it also is fruitless along the way and will only cause you and others to suffer. "What is highly valued by man is detestable in God's sight," and "The Lord abhors dishonest scales, but accurate weights are his delight."

God alone is good. If god were bad, then nothing would exist. As it is, God is Good and has created Life itself and defined all things. It is up to mankind to recognize God when he speaks to us, but still it is not only up to us or else we would fail in this also. God is with us always through Jesus Christ. Before, we failed time and again and suffered horribly from our own disobedience. Yet God is the only one who can save, and he did, and he does.

You hear bad news because that is what people choose to focus upon. Haven't you heard the good news? If you have not yet, then you will hear it from me, because that is upon which I choose to focus. Focus upon God and trust in God.

For heaven's sake, man, read the Bible already. No matter where you open in it, no matter which page you open it to, God will teach you himself by his Holy Spirit. Look.

And remember, this is not a matter of "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours," but it is a matter of obedience to the only God who exists, and a matter of true life and true death. You don't want to lose your very soul or forfeit what God has given freely.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

User avatar
tokage
Ranger
Posts: 1459
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:28 pm
Location: Between the 'y' and 'i' keys.
Contact:

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by tokage » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 am

See, this kind of shit is exactly why we're asking you to stop
Image

User avatar
kiddten
Commando
Posts: 2469
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Nova Zeelandia.

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by kiddten » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Sparky wrote:Everything I say is for your own benefit. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
Okay, I'm going to admit it, I've not read the rest of your post. I just want to say I, and I'm sure a fair few of us here, do not want to be lead to the water in the first place. if we wanted water, we'd go there by our own will.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

User avatar
Smythe
Commando
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:52 am
Location: 'Straya Mate

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by Smythe » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:54 pm

kiddten wrote:
Sparky wrote:Everything I say is for your own benefit. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
Okay, I'm going to admit it, I've not read the rest of your post. I just want to say I, and I'm sure a fair few of us here, do not want to be lead to the water in the first place. if we wanted water, we'd go there by our own will.
tokage wrote:See, this kind of shit is exactly why we're asking you to stop
Do you see now?

I think he sees us as the helpless horse thats dying of thirst, that would explain the analorgy.
What if the horse doesn't want a drink? In fact, he doesn't want to go near the water because he knows he doesn't like the water from that lake, he's much rather drink water which is clean, and he knows this because he observes the cleanliness of the water, how he does this? no idea, but he must be some really awesome horse/scientist hybrid.
Image

User avatar
Mgalekgolo
Commando
Posts: 2587
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by Mgalekgolo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:10 pm

I've kind of got used to it. Whenever I see a long ass post by sparky, I know its some religious BS and continue scrolling.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.
Image

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by Sparky » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:28 am

This is the topic where I get to take personal attacks given to me and yet honor Smythe's (my attacker's) demands that I do not retaliate.

That's ok Smythe, you don't have to worry about retaliation. Only people who trust in themselves and fear act out of retaliation. I trust in God, so I love my enemies and only do good things. I don't expect you would understand this. I'm not saying you are stupid, I'm saying you are making all the wrong decisions because you don't know where you are going.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

User avatar
Smythe
Commando
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:52 am
Location: 'Straya Mate

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by Smythe » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:48 am

To be honest I thought this was over when you posted this.
Sparky wrote: Guys, as much as I feel compelled to continue speaking with you about these things, I'm going to have to go. I can't deal with all this nonsense. If you decide for yourself that you want to learn the difference between right and wrong, you will seek God on your own. I'm done prodding and encouraging, I'm done with trying to get you to read the Holy Bible and learn something when you're not even willing to look at it online. I'm so tired of suffering for your ineptitudes. "Nobody can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him(...) and I will heal him." So, friends, despite the fact that all I have said here is true, you have not been willing to listen to me and pursue truth yourself. Or so you have indicated. I have already prayed for us all many times, and I have learned several life lessons from God not because of the stubbornness I experienced here but because I was willing to listen to God and God called me to understand. So you decide for yourself if you want to understand also, and good luck in life either way.

Once again, and now with additional resolve, I say that I am done here. I was right all along, and I have only ever spoken the truth to you. It is up to you now if you will ever understand what I have said. I never sought glory or honor for myself but only for God. Therefore, I am blameless, and there is nothing false about me.

I now take my leave from this subject matter, knowing that everyone is in God's hands anyway, and if God made you such that you are able to look to him, then he will call you and you will answer, and you will walk a life of perpetual understanding from God.
So this does actually make you a huge Hypocrite.
The poll speaks for itself nobody wants to listen to your ramblings, we've told you time and time again that this not the place for your preaching and attempts at conversion, yet you continue, again and again, completely ignoring our pleas for you to stop. You cannot seem to get it through your thick skull that nobody really cares.

You can believe that something is right or true, and you can let other people know that.
But if they don't want to know, or they don't agree, pushing it in their faces and telling them that it is right at every single turn is NOT going to make them care.
Image

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by Sparky » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:04 am

I am not perfect.
This is why I have a brain, to evaluate circumstances constantly. This is part of the decision-making process.

But perfection is not found in wisdom but in love. Do you know what love is?

I listen to God, yet you condemn me. I said what I said because God said, "Why are you arguing amongst yourselves? Nobody can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day." (http://bible.cc/john/6-44.htm)

This was why I said what I said. Now answer my question if you can. Do you know what love is?

I speak out of love for you. If you don't know what love is, then how can you understand why I speak? If you don't know why I am speaking, how can you understand what I say? If you don't know any of this, why would you want to listen to me? As it is, you do not want to listen to me, and the reason is not because of what I say but because you do not know what I am saying or why I am saying it. The reason for this is because you have not listened to me, and certainly without first listening to me you cannot begin to accept what I say. The logic is clear here by your own words:
Mgalekgolo wrote:I've kind of got used to it. Whenever I see a long ass post by sparky, I know its some religious BS and continue scrolling.
So you see, I am correct in what I say. You are not willing to accept what I say, so you ignore what I say. If you ignore me, how can you know what I am saying to you, and how could you possibly begin to understand why I am even speaking with you in the first place if all you do is ignore me? But why then are you not listening to me? I have already told you this.

This is the reason why you do not listen to me when I speak to you: http://bible.cc/john/8-37.htm

My words to you do not make you who you are, I do not define you. You have yourself by your own words revealed to me who you are and what problems you are dealing with. My words are intended to help you, because by my spirit I have understood what you say, and by my experiences being taught by God, He has taught me how to help you. I tell you to look to God who can solve all your problems, and you ignore me because you have no room for this in your mind or heart, because you don't want to listen -- you don't want to have anything to do with God, so you ignore my words when I speak of Him. What possibly could be causing you to ignore God, and why would it be doing this to you? Why do you hate the truth without reason? Are you angry for some reason? Have you been hurt by God? Certainly not, for God alone is Good and loves you more than you can possibly understand. It is the same with all people. Now listen to what I have told you and you will understand the truth, and the Truth (Jesus Christ) will set you free from your slavery to sin, which only seeks to destroy you.

Do you know what love is?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

User avatar
Smythe
Commando
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:52 am
Location: 'Straya Mate

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by Smythe » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:06 am

Perfection doesn't exist, all things have abnormalities.
Love is merely a set of impulses triggered in the brain that come in forms or compassion or lust.
God is a construct designed by those who could not understand the ways in which the world worked, so they created a being so unfathomable, it was impossible to deny it.
Faith is the delusion bought on by this creation, a complete willingness to throw real understanding out the window, in favour of something that they can comprehend.
The preachers who created this "being" were simply lusting for power over those too stupid to argue.
Knowledge is power, even if that knowledge is simply delusion.
Image

User avatar
Pielogist
Ranger
Posts: 914
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 12:55 am
Location: Guess.
Contact:

Re: Enough is enough.

Post by Pielogist » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:30 am

Sparky wrote:Do you know what love is?
Image


Silliness aside, I feel the real problem here is that Sparky seems to think he's better than some of us here who do not believe in God. Whether or not his religion actually makes him better, I am not qualified to say. However, I will say that if both sides aren't viewed as equals, an understanding will never really work out.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests