Sayings

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Do you understand how these relate to God's Word?

A
No votes
B
No votes
C
100%
D
No votes

Total votes: 1

Sparky
Delta Force

Sayings

Post by Sparky » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:04 pm

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote." Benjamin Franklin

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” Alexander Graham Bell

"The news is the only place that wishes you a good evening then proceeds to tell you why it's not."

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." James Miles

"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die." Buddha
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Sayings

Post by Sparky » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:20 pm

"The difference between man's words and God's words is death and life, night and day, backwards and forwards, flawed and pure, false and true, bad and good, wrong and right, incomplete and complete, transparent and solid, weak and strong, dissipation and just, dust and treasure, blindness and understanding. Anything not based upon God's Word will amount to nothing, and all heaven and earth will pass away, but God's words will never pass away."
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:34 am

Religion is like a penis
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And for gods sake don't shove it down our throats.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Smythe wrote:
Religion is like a penis
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And for gods sake don't shove it down our throats.
You know, in most forums on the internet, trolls are banned immediately and without remedy. Did you come here because you were banned everywhere else? *Looks at Monoman*
Why do you flail around on the ground in distress? Read the Bible, it is like an instruction manual of Life from the only God who exists. *Points to God*

It has been entertaining responding to you, but you are only hurting yourself. Seek the Truth and the Truth will set you free. The Truth is Jesus Christ the Son of God. You seek him by praying to God and learning from him through the Holy Bible. That in all honesty is the best thing you can be doing for yourself... otherwise, you're just flailing around on the ground in agony and attacking the people around you who are trying to help you in the only way possible. Do not cater to your fears or imaginations, for how could this possibly help you? Has it helped you yet? Certainly it has only made things worse for you, for if you hold a light to it, it will reveal itself a monster who only destroys and poisons you to harm and kill you. But God has other plans for you and nobody can remove you from God's Hand. You are only safe in God who commanded you to live and breathed life into you.

There is only one God, so why do we forsake him by sinning among each other? Why persist in blindness when understanding and blessing is freely given by God? God's Word will set you on fire -- God will purify you if you look to Jesus Christ His Son, or you will be condemned by the Truth if you condemn and persecute those who seek the Truth even though you yourself have not sought it. Stop judging by human standards and start making a right judgment: that it is only right and good to save life, not destroy it, to only do good things, not bad things. Is wickedness and strife and violence and destruction a good thing? Since it is not, why are you being violent to me yet being stupid and ignorant? Why would anyone listen to a violent man who professes ignorance and wickedness and stupidity? They will also be set on fire by God's Words. Nobody can escape judgement by God. Gain understanding and you will start doing what is right, and you will be happy. Not happy in how you think you are happy now, even though you are really in distress and dying and crying out for help, but happy in a way that is confident in God who is God. God is God, and nothing can change that; therefore, I am happy. "I the Lord do not change." "I am a jealous [desiring what rightfully belongs to him, as opposed to envious, which would mean desiring what belongs to others] God." "I have made [all things and people] and I will bear [the sins of all people away]."

There really is no point in being disobedient like an immature child -- but if you were like a child in your heart before God, you would be blessed (taught) by God, and your joy would be immense and complete.

I'm not sure how to say this otherwise, and I have already said it over and over again: Read the Bible. Educate yourself with the treasure of real understanding! Stop "trolling" your life, or you'll be the only one suffering by it and you will certainly suffer in agony from your own disobedience and from entertaining evil thoughts in your heart. Seek God instead, and God will save you, and you will know that He is the Lord God Almighty and there is none other besides him. God is the living God, not some figment of human imagination, not some scrap metal melted together or some carved pieces of a tree. Even the hairs on your head are all numbered by God, so do not be afraid, because God is God and God alone is Good. See to it that you are not worshiping or serving inanimate objects, but that you are worshiping and serving the Lord God Almighty who knows, who loves, who made, and who saves. "As surely as I live, every knee will bow and every tongue confess before me even every careless word it has spoken," declares the Lord.

I see a starvation for knowledge of God here, yet you taunt me with ignorance. Why don't you just listen and go read the Bible? Would you remain ignorant your entire life, only to die prematurely? What good will that do anyone? Think about it.

Forgiveness and Healing and Understanding is calling to you, and His Name is Jesus Christ, God Saves through Him alone.
The Lord is my Righteousness and my Salvation.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:00 pm

May I just point out that you created a thread for sayings?
That is in fact less of a saying, more of a quote.

And don't use your "High and mighty self aggrandized sense of moral high-ground" in an attempt to quietly get rid of those voices who don't think the same as you, that's incredibly totalitarian of you.

To answer your question, no, I came here to discuss Mac gaming mods.

Did you come here because the few people in your life won't listen to your ramblings? So instead you come here, to a place where you can be as powerful and "mighty" as you want? A non-physical representation of yourself that could potentially be anything at all, a messenger from god in your eyes, that crazy man with a sign and a bible in ours.

If Mono decides that such drastic measures are required to keep you happy, and he decides to ban me even for a few days, I won't be coming back. You'll have won your fight, used the one man who allows us to stay here in order to further push your views on others, and quiet down the "dissidents" who oppose you.

I can't talk for everyone else, but i'd hope that they'd see that for what it really is if it comes to pass.
A corrupted system, a totalitarian dictator, and a user with a Napoleon complex.

Though i highly doubt Monoman is so simpleminded as to do such a thing, he's created this space for us, given us his time and patience in an effort to make us a nice, happy community. If there's anyone who is stopping the community from being happy, it's you.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Again with the whole "ignoring posts that actually ring true so you can stay behind your wall" thing.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ

Post by TaxiService » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:54 pm

SPARKY: PLEASE READ THIS POST THOROUGHLY. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IS WRITTEN HERE, PLEASE!!!

Sparky, seriously. Why don't you just stop. You are a great guy, and have done so much for the community. Why do you have to behave like this? --'twas a rethorical question, please don't answer--

Let's just forget about all this. Let's just go back to discuss anything else instead of religious topics. We have acknowledged your points of view on life, the universe and everything. It's our choice to what extent each of us agrees with them, and you should not mind how much we do or don't.
And in any case, repeated continuous preaching won't change our views on the subject, but only spam the board and make you look like a crazy fanatic.

If you notice i haven't really replied much in these last threads of yours. If i wanted i could just keep ignoring them all and go back doing my business, but i don't want to ignore you Sparky! I want to discuss things with you and everyone else in a civil ambient, without prejudices and having to worry about the topic always changing to anything about religious views.

Don't you see all this pointless arguing has only torn us apart? Nothing good has ever come out of these discussions. Let's just all drop it for good.

PS: that penis analogy thing, even if a bit blasphemous maybe, is a perfect analogy, man. I think i quoted it too in some other topic of these.

By that i mean: It IS okay to be religious; it is NOT okay to force your views unto others.

What if i were a muslim/hindu/mithra worshipper and i would constantly come here and create an avalanche of topics about how my religion is the only true answer to life and more bullshit like that? I would never stop, i'd continuously spam the board with informations regarding my religion and citations from many books, despite the community hating me for it and telling me to stop. What would you do, then?

You would try to change my views, and after i've shown you that i am a stubborn fuck you would ignore me until i get banned. That's what.

So, yeah. Why don't we just stop now? The difference here is that you will not get banned because -how could Monoman ban you? I mean, you are a historical member of MGM, and i've already said you've done a lot for it; but that doesn't mean you should keep acting like this until everyone ignores you/leaves mgm.
So yeah, again. Let's just end it here. You don't have to demonstrate anything to anyone; there are no winners or losers, we all are as tired about this situation as you are.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:06 am

Taxi, what I say is said out of love and hope for the well-being of each person who reads what I write. The words are not my own, they come from God who has absolute Authority and Power and is the Absolute Truth and Author of all Life.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:22 am

Sparky wrote:Taxi, what I say is said out of love and hope for the well-being of each person who reads what I write. The words are not my own, they come from God who has absolute Authority and Power and is the Absolute Truth and Author of all Life.
But can't you see that we aren't taking anything from your words? that you're just hurting the community? Tearing it apart and doing absolutely nothing good at all?
If you cannot then you are blind to all but the words you claimed helped you see.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:29 pm

http://religiousragings.tumblr.com/post/31221033607/why-did-god-create-atheists wrote:There is a famous story told in Chassidic literature that addresses this very question. The Master teaches the student that God created everything in the world to be appreciated, since everything is here to teach us a lesson.

One clever student asks “What lesson can we learn from atheists? Why did God create them?”

The Master responds “God created atheists to teach us the most important lesson of them all — the lesson of true compassion. You see, when an atheist performs and act of charity, visits someone who is sick, helps someone in need, and cares for the world, he is not doing so because of some religious teaching. He does not believe that god commanded him to perform this act. In fact, he does not believe in God at all, so his acts are based on an inner sense of morality. And look at the kindness he can bestow upon others simply because he feels it to be right.”

“This means,” the Master continued “that when someone reaches out to you for help, you should never say ‘I pray that God will help you.’ Instead for the moment, you should become an atheist, imagine that there is no God who can help, and say ‘I will help you.’”

ETA source: Tales of Hasidim Vol. 2 by Mar
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Re: PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE R

Post by Fonzeh » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:37 pm

TaxiService wrote: Same shit i said in a different thread except more thorough.
Holy shit taxi gg, we need to talk more man whatsup? You seen super baby yet?

Anyway Im not gonna say more, just hopefully we can just peacefully move on, you are kinda word flooding. all ive heard you say for the past few months. Could we please devote time toward something else? Like my zombie game? or learning a new language? idk, just something more productive than reading and writing scriptures and posting them here. Im probably gonna have a mac within a week or two, lets figure some awesomeness out man.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm