Building a Desktop

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: Building a Desktop

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Yarok
Ranger

Post by Yarok » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:49 pm

The optical drive is the one I use and it's pretty standard. This is my monitor, though it seems your choice is a newer version (or something like that) and $10, for what that's worth. Sorry that I haven't been able to update with a bit more thought-out build recently, I've been having family issues. I recommend really thinking through on choices for parts, since it's an investment for the next 3-5 years. So if you find something cheaper or better, post it here. Newegg also has really awesome combo deals, which you can see on the product page somewhere. These can save you up to $30-50 on average each, and many popular items are frequently listed (hyper 212, i5, etc.), however aren't factored into pcpartpicker.
TaxiService wrote:I've got no soul
As I surreptitiously put my tallywhacker into the jet

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:18 am

Could you compare This to your model? I realize the hard disk is 120 Gigs, i'll also have to buy the drive on your model if I get this one.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:39 am

Wait on the processor.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Yarok
Ranger

Post by Yarok » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Well, for one I tend to avoid anything that tries to advertise itself as "hardcore," "gamer's," "(e)xtreme," and so forth. Though that build seems pretty good for the price, I don't trust the GPU and PSU manufacturers, and those are two things you want to have quality on. And, as Sparky said, it may be beneficial to hold off on a CPU, though I'm not sure how long that wait will be, and quite frankly if you keep waiting there'll be another thing to wait on, and yet another.
TaxiService wrote:I've got no soul
As I surreptitiously put my tallywhacker into the jet

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Well I checked the graphics card on his list against yours and it seems like the one on his is better for the price. I honestly can't afford this till' around november so waiting shouldn't be a problem.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:53 pm

You are waiting for the Intel chip that includes enhanced OpenGL and 2D and 3D GPU rendering. The chip is kind of like a CPU/GPU combination. I forgot the exact details, maybe look at Intel news or something.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.