Registration Problems

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Sparky
Delta Force

Registration Problems

Post by Sparky » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:16 am

People are having issues registering at the MGM forum because of the difficulty of the anti-spam question. I had some problems with it also at one point, so I wonder if it could be changed to an easier question instead.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Registration Problems

Post by Monoman » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 pm

The question is already easy. It asks what is the name of the site.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:06 pm

The problem is the guest needs to type macgamingmods some specific way. I've tried to post as a guest, and had trouble. The answer should be: mgm, macgamingmods, mac gaming mods, macgamingmods.com, etc.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 am

We're seeing an influx of spam bots now in the Halo Demo subforum.
The answer to the question about the name of the site forwards was easy, but when written backwards, the answers were wrong. Maybe it's just a spelling error?
Good luck with the spam bot situation; this weekend, I spent a long time with a QuicKeys macro banning all the spambots who registered since I disabled the MediaWiki spambot extensions. Turns out the white page issue I was getting was due to an IE hack type of workaround which functioned like the phpBB forum software feature to check page header referrals, where you simply can't use the site with multiple tabs. By disabling this, the white page issue is no more, and I reactivated useful extensions.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.