iTunes 11

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Overall, I ______ the new iTunes.

"really like"
25%
"like"
25%
"don't really mind"
13%
"dislike"
No votes
"strongly dislike"
13%
"don't use iTunes that much, so i don't really have an opinion on"
13%
"would gladly rape"
13%

Total votes: 8

TaxiService
Night Stalker

iTunes 11

Post by TaxiService » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:30 pm

what the godawful fuck.

Actually, i am not sure if you guys use iTunes at all; but god dammit. I think whoever is in charge at apple has lost their mind.

First of all, the esc button does not work. Unless they wanted it to make my machine beep? In that case it works!!
The miniplayer is defective as fuck!!! The shitty title doesn't fade away half of the time, and the idea of putting the volume slider into that output menu thing is just fucking retarded. (why the fuck do i have to click twice for something i was able to do with one(or zero) goddamn clicks!!!!!!!!!)
I admit that this version has a couple of good-looking things; such as the album selection screen thing, also the up-next thing has potential. But this is a fucking regress. I think that since they lost Jobs they went to shit. I mean, look at the fucking design of the windows!!!! the fonts!!! dude, apple has changed. And for the worse, IMO.

But the problem is not the design!!! This version drops a lot of functionalities that the old iTunes had!! Less is more my hairy italian ass!!!! The shuffle function is fucked up. My sorting system went to shit. All the godawful buttons disappeared or got moved in embarrassing places. Also yeah the goddamn miniplayer has gone bonkers.

Dude, nil. Your argument will just be "if apple did it then it's because they thought it was the best thing for everyone", but god dammit dude!!!!! Apple is not this perfect entity that will always spew flawless apps and make perfect choices. I think that they took many steps backwards with this release of iTunes.
I'll give the thing a try but god dammit i'm so going to downgrade this shit.

TL;DR: so far i think it sucks. what are you guys' impressions on the new iTunes?

PS: nil: btw fuck yer lions dude!!!
snowleo side 4 lyfe nigga >:0

EDIT: Ok i guess sorry for the rant, but you know! I just had to reinstall my mac partition because of *mishaps*, and as soon as i finish updating i find iTunes completely different! It's thought for Lion users, and i am not ready to move to Lion yet. : \ Also it was kinda late when i wrote this post... why don't i sleep instead..?
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Smythe
Commando

Re: iTunes 11

Post by Smythe » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:48 pm

I haven't downloaded it yet, but if you used the horrible shit-fest that was the last logo change, how would it rate?

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:43 am

So the side menu is gone?

http://www.apple.com/itunes/whats-new/

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:01 am

You can activate it from View > Show sidebar.

But god dammit!!!!! It doesn't let me sort the albums in the way that i used to!
The cool thing was that tracks by different artists contained in compilation albums could be shown grouped in the album while it was being sorted alphabetically by album artist/artist!
>implying you're gonna try to understand what i just said
Well, it was the best fucking sorting method i can think of! And now to do that i have to manually place albums in order!!! what the godawful donkey shit!
Also, this list method is gone! Navigating through tracks was hella easier in the way that i am used to use the program.
And it's fucking stupid to say "well, adapt to this version"!!! Because what the fuck! If an app does not work like i want it to, then why using it at all!!!!!!

also good job, apple. Thank you, it's not like there are people that use applescript anymore in this day and age, right? This is the fuuuuuuuuture~~!!! We users are all retarded and should not need these functions at all~~!!! Yeah!!! Let's drop applescript too now that we're at it! Normal users won't need it~!

Okay i know that i am overreacting a little, but releasing an app with a bug like that shows how apple does not even care about this stuff anymore! It's all about pleasing the masses with... with this kind of shit!!!! Decluttered my ass!!!!!! fucking christ, it's a pain to sort through the tracklists!!!! BLARGHHH

EDIT: PS: Smythe, I didn't mind the previous icon to be honest. Like, i guess that was one thing i accepted about the ‘new iTunes’, but the current icon is a dog cock in the eye. I mean, why would you want a dog to ram its genitalia in my eye, apple? what did i ever do to you? I've always been a loyal customer since i was 3, god dammit! Why are you doing this to me?!
Last edited by TaxiService on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MGM Sig

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:49 am

The top one. It's just so wrong! i completely changes the design apple had going, and the ideas behind it.

It used to fit in with the theme they had, like it's an item sitting on a desk in front of you, and you're looking at it, and you know exactly what it is. You see it with most of the other applications; (holyfuck i used a semicolon) Textedit, rubbish bin, Mail, etc. They're all there like you could pick them up and do something with them.
Except that logo. Just. Makes. ugh.
It doesn't look like a CD, though i guess that makes sense seeing as HAH CD's.
It's just there. It sticks out like a dead something that sticks out!

I just ugh D:

(rantthread)

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:31 am

I know... I don't remember how i felt when i first saw that icon. : \ But yeah, i agree with your reasoning. It does feel out of place.
But dammit, between the two i think the first one is more bearable to look at, at least! : \

MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:05 am

I'm pretty sure I said almost nothing about iTunes, especially to you, but it's good to know that you've mentioned my name several times....
TaxiService wrote:First of all, the esc button does not work. Unless they wanted it to make my machine beep? In that case it works!!
What the heck did escape used to do anyway? Maybe that's why it was removed.

I've never used the mini-player. (but I now actually see the option to get to it versus previous versions).

I don't really see what's wrong with shuffling or sorting.

I welcome the sidebar being gone, less clutter. Design looks overall better to use, to me.

I've never really liked the iTunes icon for quite some time.

Some bugs (eg: Applescript ones) will likely be fixed, and bugs like that are no surprise in a .0 release.

I like the changes, but then again, I'm not obsessed with iTunes.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Løki
Ranger

Post by Løki » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Gotta deal with shit like this.

If you could see the ever so slightly disgruntled look on my face, you'd probably nod in agreement.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:25 am

Try to, uh
Idk, try selecting all the songs and either check the "Part of a compilation" checkbox (if it's still there)
but bluhhhhhh it's duuuuumbbbbb

try to select all the files and edit the name of the album again, or something..?
MGM Sig

Yarok
Ranger

Post by Yarok » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:13 pm

I just use MediaMonkey. Shit works, end of story.
TaxiService wrote:I've got no soul
As I surreptitiously put my tallywhacker into the jet

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Yarok wrote:Im a gigantic faggot and I suck one million cocks. Shit works, end of story.
Wut.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm

It works on keeping him fed. Sperm is very nutrient, you know.

also

over 9000 hours in memegenerator

Yarok
Ranger

Post by Yarok » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Well hey, at least I can get them off.

But anyways, iTunes has always hogged a shitton of memory on my computer, for no value except for keeping the store running. MediaMonkey lets me play music, catalogue it easily, etc. without having to have a bunch of ads, social networking, or other bullshit bothering me.
TaxiService wrote:I've got no soul
As I surreptitiously put my tallywhacker into the jet

wildrn
Peon

Post by wildrn » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:31 am

I could never be stuffed updating anyway... Like... Ever.
So uhh, yeah.
Sparky wrote:Click me repeatedly. Made ya look!
Sven wrote:I appreciate the help, Mgablergh.