To Sparky: A call for peace.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
kiddten
Commando

To Sparky: A call for peace.

Post by kiddten » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Okay sparky, I understand what you're trying to do. you just want to help us and spread gods word, and I understand why you're trying to do that. look, I respect you, alright? you are a great modder and you've released countless assets and templates for modders to use, which is fantastic. I respect you as a person, and I respect your religious beliefs.
I only ask one thing, one thing that not only I, but most if not all of the other people reside here want. you to respect us, and our religious beliefs/nonbeliefs. we understand you just want to save us from the firey brimstone of hell and eternal damnation. however we don't believe that's what's going to happen. you think otherwise, and we think how we think. there's no amount of words or posts you can make on this forum to change our minds otherwise, and we've told you that. we've asked you multiple times to stop, and you have continued your preaching. that's disrespectful to all of us, and all I ask of you is to stop. please. let us all go back to what we were, a community dedicated to modding.

I thank you in advance for reading this, and for ceasing your religious discussions on this forum.

please note that this is the last post I will make on the matter, any posts about religion I will personally ignore.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: To Sparky: A call for peace.

Post by Sparky » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Why?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 am

Because nobody wants to hear it.
Nobody EVER wanted to hear it.

Everybody has asked you to stop! For crying out loud, every. single. topic.

You don't appear to respect us, or our intellect in any way, shape or form. This is why we argue against you, and why we're asking you to stop.

It's not because we hate your religion (i do, but that's besides the point) It's because you're forcing it down our throats.

It's not our fault you've fucked up your life, somehow, some way. But we can't help you.

You can only help yourself, and we ARE NOT your outlet.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:30 am

Smythe, stop. Why you are starting a quarrel. Stop.

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:09 am

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:Smythe, stop. Why you are starting a quarrel. Stop.
...He's the one starting a quarrel? Honestly?

Please, explain to me your point of view.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 am

(gah, sorry for the long post)

>Why?

Well, it's all about points of view. I think that from your point of view we're all just ignoring the obvious and on a path of self destruction and damnation. From your point of view you are warning us and trying to save us from all that, but... what can I say, we don't believe in that.

I mean, i can't really say *we*; i'll just talk for myself. I don't believe in all that stuff, man. : \ I'm sorry, but from my point of view it's just unbelievable. I guess this means i don't really respect your opinion? I don't know? I am not sure!!! All that i mean is that it shouldn't be all that important. These things are just personal beliefs and should be kept personal.

I mean, everyone is allowed to share views and discuss about these things. You can reason and explain your beliefs to us, but it's our choice to change our points of views to reflect yours. See how i don't go and preach about religion? I mean, wanna know my opinion? I think religions nowadays should be deprecated. I think people keeps on worshipping abstract entities just because they are taught to do so, and that faith in this kind of thing is... stupid.
But you don't see me going around and trying to "open the eyes" of believers. Like, from my point of view they're all just deluding and sometimes harming themselves for really stupid reasons!! And sometimes i really want to just go and try to reason with them, saying why i think their point of view is wrong. But that would be useless and disrespectful!!

Okay so i guess i do respect your point of view? I mean, i don't know! I still think it's stupid, but i don't try to change yours with mine!
You've been trying to do that countless times though!! I mean, you see, both of us thinks the other is at fault. And both of us know that we'll not change our own POVs just by reading each other's arguments!!!
I don't know how to answer to your question; but let me ask this:

Why keeping to do this? Why can't we just get along without letting our personal beliefs get in the way?

Dude why can't we just focus on modding and playing halo and doing stuff!!!?? Like, this is not a philosophy website! It's a gaming website! People doesn't come here to hear about why you should or shouldn't believe!

Like, i don't know what else to say, dude. : \
In the past i used to argue with you and try to "make you reason". I am sorry about whatever i said, dude. But arguing about this made me realize something: that, no matter how i insist, I can't expect to change other people's POVs.

I think that everyone should be allowed to think what they want to think, as long as they don't interfere with my freedom of thought and action. Jesus probably said something like this too!
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Smythe wrote:Because nobody wants to hear it.
Nobody EVER wanted to hear it.

Everybody has asked you to stop! For crying out loud, every. single. topic.

You don't appear to respect us, or our intellect in any way, shape or form. This is why we argue against you, and why we're asking you to stop.

It's not because we hate your religion (i do, but that's besides the point) It's because you're forcing it down our throats.

It's not our fault you've fucked up your life, somehow, some way. But we can't help you.

You can only help yourself, and we ARE NOT your outlet.
Are you willing to consider the point that you might be wrong?

See, this is the kind of question that has been presented to me, but I am one who seeks the truth, so it did not fall on deaf ears, and I had already sought the truth for myself so that I was certain that I would not be wrong in what I said, did, thought or believed for the rest of my life. We are talking about foundations here. In fact, that exact usage is given here:

For understanding, this whole chapter applies, http://bible.cc/luke/6.htm, but for this point I am mentioning just the end part of it:
American Standard Version, Luke 6:46-49 wrote:“Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? “Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. “But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”
New International Version, Luke 6:46-49 wrote:“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”
So the very thing you are accusing me of, not having sought the truth for myself, is what I have done for myself and what I am telling you to do. So you see, we are really reading the same book here, so to speak...
I am saying this because you have claimed that I am arrogant and implied that I am some sort of extremist, when in fact we are both saying the same thing: that each person must seek the truth for themselves. You want me to leave you alone and respect your beliefs, but the flaw in your desire is that it does not say that you seek the truth of a genuine understanding of things, but rather, that you would even be an extremist yourself in that you would serve only your own heart and desires. See, if you do this kind of thing, then you become a slave to the vagaries of your imagination. But the truth sets you free. The Truth is Jesus Christ, God's Word and God's One Salvation for all those who would listen to God through Him alone. But you don't know this to be true, since you have not sought the truth or understanding of this for yourself yet. Am I right about that? Some of you have said you read the Bible, but it would seem you mistook it for a volume of fantasy or science fiction rather than listening to what God had said therein.

Taxi: I like how you are thinking about what perspectives are. It has been my understanding that a perspective is a limited understanding of something identifiable (something you can point to and say, "there it is", even abstractly) that is based upon a person's considered experiences up to that point, which then becomes a prompt for further investigation... i.e., consideration of additional experiences.

Is it so unbelievable that you, a fellow human being, are incorrect about something and overall perhaps more limited in your understanding than you ought to be given a lack of seeking the truth of its matter? We make mistakes when we fail to investigate, and believe me, persecution is FAR from the investigatory procedure, which in fact leans toward mutual understanding rather than hatred and vengeance. But in order to understand, each of us must first WANT to understand, which naturally means SEEKING understanding, ie., seeking the truth of a matter through further investigation. Then you will know whether or not Jesus Christ's words are God's words, and whether they will do you good or harm.

With God, it is OK to acknowledge that you are weak, for we all are weak and mortal and have limited understanding based upon our capacities as we were created by God. But we must do good with what we do have. God has said that nevertheless, despite all hardships in life, "My mercy is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Thus, it has been taught me by God the constant phrase: "I am weak, but God is Almighty. I am weak, but God loves me."

So you can either try to hide the truth from yourself, or you can seek it for yourself with a vengeance, with a focused need akin to great passion and fervor.

Listen to me, friends. We all make mistakes. But the only defense we have is this: "The Lord is my Righteousness and my Salvation." Therefore, you should know God and Jesus your infinite salvation.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:41 pm

No, i don't consider myself to be wrong. I consider you to be wrong in mind, body and soul.

You have no place here anymore, so get out. Your childish behavior has caused enough issues with the community as it is.

Nobody needs you, nobody wants you.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:28 am

*sigh* When i reread my post i thought i conveyed my thoughts in a way that was understandable enough; but that was probably because i knew what i meant, so i was biased in thinking that.
The problem with communication is that we are bound to use words to express our thoughts, and since it's up to the receiver to interpret those words, they might not interpret the meaning of those words in the same way as the sender meant them to be.

Anyway, let's try in this way.

It is okay:
  • To have a belief
    To have an opinion on any matter
    To share opinions
    To acknowledge other people's opinions
It is not okay:
  • To bash someone for their beliefs
    To argue excessively with someone about their beliefs/opinions
    To refuse to accept other people's beliefs/opinions
    To obsess about trying to change other people's beliefs/opinions

Like, that's what i think.
Gosh, to err is human! But persisting is friggin' diabolical, man!
What i'm saying here is that you have to stooooooppppp :wall:

also
>Are you willing to consider the point that you might be wrong?
God dammit, I am! I am always open to consider new POVs and shit. Why can't you do that?!
Dude I don't want and don't have time to go and report to you every single fallacy that is in the bible, your thinking process or whatever. Just trust me when i say that after considering all these things you say, and everything that has been taught to me on the matter, I grew an opinion on it.
It may be wrong? Who knows! But that's definitely not for you to decide, dammit! You've already said extensively why you think my reasoning is flawed, but that's enough! I, for one, don't want any more of this!

Like, dude! People does not even care about reading your posts because they just know they'll be ridden with religious quotes and unwanted advices! Why do you even keep doing this!!! I'm just trying to say: doing all of this is useless and harms your credibility. Just stop and live your life on earth without seizing any opportunity to pester people about religion! Please!!!

EDIT: edited "meant it to be" with "meant them to be" :​p
Last edited by TaxiService on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:46 am

Are you that ignorant sparky? Either you are or you are going way over the top with this trolling thing.

But being raised in a Christian environment and such sure it's comforting at times to believe there's someone watching over although personally I don't believe in it. I'm agnostic but really I don't care for religion. I was also taught not to go ramming my views and opinions down other people throats.. I don't know what brain washed you or if you are having some sort of mental break down but my word cut it out. Go become a pastor or something, the Internet is no place for this or at least MGM isn't. Every time I come on here all I see is this spam. Are you a johovas witness? cause that would explain the reluctance to stop... But it's people like you that give all religions a bad name, you make every person who chooses to have faith in a higher power look insane and that they cannot be reasoned with. So stop being so ignorant and respect other people opinions and views. I know it says in the bible "treat other as you would wish to be treated". So instead of assuming everyone else is "wrong" respect they have their own views and back off.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Can we just all stop.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:53 pm

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:Can we just all stop.
We're only continuing because he is.

Get him to stop, and so will we, otherwise stay out of it.

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:40 am

I think kiddten was just bored.
- Retaliates passionately and dramatically every chance he gets
- Starts thread for 'peace'

I agree with restnpeacez, mostly. It's not like I really mind this drama though.

Taxi is cool.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Pielogist wrote:I think kiddten was just bored.
- Retaliates passionately and dramatically every chance he gets
- Starts thread for 'peace'

I agree with restnpeacez, mostly. It's not like I really mind this drama though.

Taxi is cool.
Based on recent activity on this forum, kiddten's post is very reasonable. In contrast, your post is very meaningless.

Many of us would like to let go of the religious discussion, and it shows.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

a bullet

Post by a bullet » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 pm

still
.___.
I thought the modding community was pretty unified. People like what they do and share it with others. That's why I joined this site. I didn't join to discuss religion, and I certainly did not join because jesus willed and it was some miraculous coincidence to have an opportunity to 'learn the ways of jesus and god and almighty lord' and stuff. I pressed the 'register' button to become a better modder.

All I see in this thread is a terrible love/hate relationship with sparky.
Dude. I love what you do. HDM was super useful, and all the EUREKA moments you had were pretty exciting.

You also somehow found this topic, which means you were still browsing MGM before you 'left.' I'm sure YOU liked what you were doing enough to stick around even though you never posted again (until now, of course.)

The whole matter here is, there are a lot of people here who do not want to be preached to. It shouldn't be that hard to think to yourself - "Ok, I understand that. I can focus my preaching on other people in other places who are willing to listen."
Whenever I see Nuthead's avatar all I can see is a sad, abandoned cigarette butt that is forced to spend the holidays all alone in the cold.