Blaise Pascal and his intelligence.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: Blaise Pascal and his intelligence.

Post by TaxiService » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:37 am

Sparky wrote:RIPz, don't worry about the people who say that God does not exist. Truly, nobody can know the Truth -- Jesus Christ is the Truth and the only begotten Son of God -- unless the God of Truth enables them.

Those who deny that God exists are flawed in all they say and do; they will perish, and as God said, "not a root or a branch will be left to them". Nothing they based their lives upon (roots) or did in their lives (branches) will remain -- it will all be destroyed by God on the Last Day. These people will never understand because they willfully deny themselves comprehension when they refuse to accept God's Word which is THE TRUTH HIMSELF.

These people do not realize anything about reality, they know neither the Creator nor his words or deeds, for they are willfully ignorant and completely blinded by self-righteous arrogance. They say, "there is no god", because their pride and arrogance does not allow room in their hearts to seek the truth of any matter besides what they stubbornly disbelieve. They actually cannot believe the truth, and for the simple fact that it is the truth they are unable to accept it. Their ways are doomed and only God's Mercy, Jesus Christ, can save them. But as Jesus Christ said, "everyone who belongs to God hears what God says."

Truly, no miracle will change these people's minds. Seeing someone rise from the dead will not change their mind. Defeating them in reason and logic (which is so easy to do since they deny anything true to begin with) will only cause them to become violent and exhibit that same hatred and arrogance and pride which prevents them from gaining any understanding about ... well, about anything. They are doomed to fail, and you don't have to waste your time talking with them.

Instead, pray for them and trust in God, and go help people who are actually cognizant of the God in whose reality we all exist.
Do you see what we have to work with? These are clearly ramblings from a mad man, man. : \

He went mad. And all because he was told to do so by hundreds of more deluded people.
You don't have to be that way.

You can either try reasoning for yourself or blindly following this fanatic bullshit. It's your pick, dude. I made my choice.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:50 am

And if you saw Jesus Christ and he spoke to you, would you change your mind? Or would you call yourself insane and rationalize it as a hallucination even though you were blinded from the experience for several days afterwards and only healed by someone he sent to you who was given specific instructions to say that your sight has been returned to you... who you foresaw in a vision would come to you while you were blinded.

I said nothing false, and you cannot prove me having said or done anything wrong. Why then are we arguing about me, if you cannot prove me guilty of sin? If I have said or done nothing you can prove wrong, why do you accuse me of being crazy?

I know why. It is because you are not me or anyone else who has seen God through Jesus Christ the only Way to God. And the reason why is because God has not enabled you to see him. But if you truly are on the side of truth and seek the truth and belong to the God of Truth, then at God's own appointed time he will enable you to see him. And then you will be able to decide for yourself what is right. But right now, you cannot know anything about God. And you are not willing to believe.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:35 pm

One more thing:

If I sound proud or haughty, it is because I am proud to know the Lord who exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on the earth, for in these things he delights.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Sparky wrote:These people do not realize anything about reality, for they are willfully ignorant and completely blinded by self-righteous arrogance. Their pride and arrogance does not allow room in their hearts to seek the truth of any matter besides what they stubbornly disbelieve. They actually cannot believe the truth, and for the simple fact that it is the truth they are unable to accept it.
cough

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Sparky wrote:And if you saw Jesus Christ and he spoke to you, would you change your mind? Or would you call yourself insane and rationalize it as a hallucination even though you were blinded from the experience for several days afterwards and only healed by someone he sent to you who was given specific instructions to say that your sight has been returned to you... who you foresaw in a vision would come to you while you were blinded.

I said nothing false, and you cannot prove me having said or done anything wrong. Why then are we arguing about me, if you cannot prove me guilty of sin? If I have said or done nothing you can prove wrong, why do you accuse me of being crazy?

I know why. It is because you are not me or anyone else who has seen God through Jesus Christ the only Way to God. And the reason why is because God has not enabled you to see him. But if you truly are on the side of truth and seek the truth and belong to the God of Truth, then at God's own appointed time he will enable you to see him. And then you will be able to decide for yourself what is right. But right now, you cannot know anything about God. And you are not willing to believe.
You know what, I actually like this post, and it's something I've been thinking about for a long time.

When I was six, my Grandma came over for Christmas, and I found myself sleeping in the guest room on Christmas Eve. I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible thirst, but before heading to the faucet I got up and looked out the window to get a glimpse of the stars. To my surprise I saw a bright white light on my neighbor's roof, and a smaller blinking red light. I stared agape for a long minute. Then, without warning, the red light slid off the roof and flew into the sky, bright white in tow. They soared into the distance and slowly shrank into the light of the moon.

That experience is literally THE sole reason I believed in Santa Claus so long. All my friends went through the "let's find out" phase. Two friends searched and managed to find presents hidden in the closet. To disprove the tooth fairy's existence my buddy Steve wrote down all the serial numbers of the dollar bills in his mom's wallet, then cross-referenced with the dollar bill the tooth fairy left. But despite all the evidence... I think I half-believed in Santa until the 6th grade.

Years later I found myself nose-deep in The Fountainhead, and Objectivism felt so true and right... But eventually something about it just just didn't sit well with me (the sexism), and I (unlike two other Objectivists I know) ended up breaking with the philosophy. It was difficult at first, and I wonder how much more of a hold it would have had on me if I had experienced a vision like the Santa Claus incident.

A mother of a friend is very religious, and I know she had a vision of Mary as snow fell from a tree. This was just after a traumatic incident for her, and I feel she has really benefited personally from her faith (although it's led her to adopt particularly hostile stances against gay marriage, evolution, and even living together before getting married -- beliefs which almost resulted in a restraining order).

At the moment I'm a bigger fan of questions than answers. People seem to get so attached to their answers; but questions are so much more interesting! I'm not sure if ultimate truth can ever be found or if we can only get infinitely closer while never reaching the end. In either case, I tend to enjoy much more the conversations I have with people who are looking for the truth rather than those who claim to have found it. I know I've been wrong, probably am wrong, and will change my point of view (probably to something also wrong) at some indeterminate point in the future. Therefore it's fascinating to see the questions people are grappling with and how they're slowly but surely surely approaching less-wrongness.

But what would I know? I'm just willfully ignorant and completely blinded by self-righteous arrogance.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Don't be so fascinated by asking questions that you neglect listening to the answers.

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 pm

Did he actually just say that?

ohwow.theirony
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:48 am

Sparky wrote:One more thing:

If I sound proud or haughty, it is because I am proud to know the Lord who exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on the earth, for in these things he delights.
expected you to say that you don't mean to be proud or it's accidental tone but then you continued being a faggot
Sparky wrote:Don't be so fascinated by asking questions that you neglect listening to the answers.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]