Does the Big Bang prove God?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Does the Big Bang prove God?

Post by Sparky » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:03 am

No matter how much I hate myself or my life, God loves me, and this is my sole reason for carrying on.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Y-you baka. You mustn't hate yourself!!! What reasons do you have to do such a thing?!

I mean, i... i understand you, i guess! I... I've been hating myself too for quite a bit too, y'know.
Like, i wasn't content with how my life was going. I felt alone and useless, and i kept thinking that i was no good at anything.

Like, the problem here was that the whole "boo hoo i suck" thinking is a bit of a vicious cycle. You start by realizing that you aren't really good as a person for whatever reason and then start telling yourself "you can't do it", "you are no good", etc.

One day I realized this though: I am the cause of my own grief.
...what that means is: Is there something about myself that I don't like? Then I'm going to change it.
Like, let's say that I don't feel good about how my body looks. Two of the things I could do are:
A] Mope and feel depressed about it.
B] Take action and do everything I can to change it.

I used to go for A. Now i go for... like, I tend to go for B, but actually sometimes I just procrastinate. I don't feel bad anymore though, because I plan to do the shit I want to do, and if I don't, I know I'm at fault because i'm a procrastinating piece of shit. (and thus i've got to change that|)

Anyway now I know that I can change. And that's what I will do as soon as i feel like doing so.

DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT trying to point you in any way at suicide; au contraire!!! d-don't fucking kill yourself, ever. Read the whole thing.

Suicide is the easy way out. "Let's just stop living so i don't have to bear with pain"
When i was younger I considered killing myself many, many times. I had also planned to kill myself, like... holy shit, two months ago? Remember when I had "Will commit suicide within march 2013" in my signature? L-like, holy shit!
I put that in my sig back when I begun realizing that I could change myself. I did so to set myself a goal: if I can't change anything about my life by then, then i'll kill myself.
And well, at least I changed my point of view! ha ha :lol: (a-also other things, of course)

I mean, suicide is an acceptable way out, in some cases. But mine surely wasn't. And probably yours isn't either.
Before killing yourself, you should at least consider the other viable options. : \ I mean, it only makes sense. As far as we know, this is the only life we've got. If you are able to accept death and take your life away, you shouldn't fear to try doing the stuff you couldn't do before. And maybe, while doing these things, you'll find out that life isn't that shitty after all!

Like, turning to God is another easy way out. "God loves me, so i'm alright." : \
It's too easy like that! I mean, if you stop for a moment to consider Christianity a thing that is here since 2000 years and try to view it from a fresh point of view, what difference does is have from having a bunch of imaginary friends?
By saying "No matter how much i hate myself or my life, God loves me" you just give up on solving your life's problems. : \
L-like, it's normal, dude! I gave up too! Then, thanks to external input, I snapped out of my shitty depressed phase and started doing shit about it!

Like... I don't know what problems you've got, but you are a brilliant man, dude.
I am sure that if you focused less on spreading the word and more on actually solving your life's problems, you could really fix everything and live a good goddamn life, dude!!!

Like, what if everything you believe is not true?! What if after you die there is nothing at all!? All your suffering would be useless! The bible says "the lasts will be the firsts in god's eyes" (transliteration from italian) and that the suffering will not suffer anymore in the kingdom of god and all that stuff, right?
But... what does anyone know about what happens after one's death?! You can't trust some books written millennia ago! "Faith" is an excuse to make you believe that stuff!! It doesn't really do you any good in your REAL life RIGHT NOW!

And you can be a good man and enjoy your terrestrial life even if you don't believe, man!
"Good" is a very arbitrary concept anyway. Like, I like to call myself an asshole, but I'm actually not. Despite all my flaws I believe I am a kind man, and I want the best for, like, all the humans i meet. So, like, even if I do drugs, or would rather do stuff I like than donating all my money to charity, I think i'm a good man, overall.

I don't hate anyone, dude. Especially not you; why would I hate you!? Because you have different opinions than me? I mean, sure, I think they're wrong and stuff, b-but I see you as one person in need for help, right? a-and, like, w-what man would I be if i didn't try to help you a little, dammit?!

I mean, y-you know, you could compare my opinion of you to that parable of the lost sheep and stuff.
Like, you know, t-the sheep that got lost and i-don't-remember-who brings it back to their flock? Well, like, in this case you are the sheep, the flock is well-being and the shepherd is (reason + your force of will). : |
B-because I believe that if you really wanted to, and if you had the courage to try for real, y-you could fix your life for good. : ( I have no reason to want bad things to happen to you dude. I don't understand why anyone would.

S-so, like, d-do you wanna talk about it? I... I mean your real problems? There MUST be something you can do! Believing in God doesn't seem like it's helping you solving your shit! : (

TL;DR: If you stop hating yourself you'll find the force to fix your life. I was a suicidal asshole until I realized this. Suicide and God are both excuses to not do anything about your life. You can change yourself if you just keep trying. Being "good" doesn't imply that you've got to believe in God. I don't hate you. :c I never did, and never will. ;')

y-yeah, it's a winking, smiling emote with a tear.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:30 am

Friends,

A person's relationship with God is more than what anyone else could understand. Yet Jesus Christ understands, because he is God's only Son.

Thank you for talking with me about this, and for sharing your views. Perhaps one day you may know him for yourself as I do. God alone is good; he is of righteousness and loving kindness, mercy and justice. He works for the well-being of all people, for He created them all by His Holy Spirit, through His Mouth and with His Hand, Jesus Christ his Son.

He is not of the imaginations of men, nor a myth or of fairy tales or fake dreams or lies. God is who God is, the God of Absolute Truth. There is no Truth apart from the Spirit of Truth, the Truth, the Words of God's own Mouth, which the Sovereign Lord reveals to those he desires at the right time: they know him, and he knows them, and nobody can remove them from his hand. The Father is greater than all; nobody can remove them from the Father's Hand. The Father and the Son are One: One God, the only True God, who begets existence into being of himself and has made man in his own image.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:29 am

Here you go, guys, the answer to a common problem people have with God. Like, "if God exists, why doesn't he talk to me or answer my prayers? Why does he allow bad things to happen?" And so on and so forth.

This is answered in chapter 7 of the book of Zechariah. Read slowly and digest what is being said, so that you understand as much as you can right now.

Starting with verse 8, here:
And the word of the Lord came again to Zechariah: "This is what the Lord Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts, do not think evil of each other.' "But they refused to pay attention; stubbornly they turned their backs and stopped up their ears. They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the Lord Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the Lord Almighty was very angry. 'When I called, they did not listen; so when they called, I would not listen,' says the Lord Almighty. 'I scattered them with a whirlwind among all the nations, where they were strangers. The land was left so desolate behind them, that no one could come or go. This is how they made the pleasant land desolate.'"

Continuing to chapter 8; note that "jealousy" means to (rightfully) desire what belongs to you, whereas "envy" means to (wrongly) desire what belongs to someone else:
Again, the word of the Lord Almighty came to me. This is what the Lord Almighty says: "I am very jealous for Zion; I am burning with jealousy for her." This is what the Lord says: "I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the City of Truth, and the mountain of the Lord Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain." This is what the Lord Almighty says: "Once again, men and women of ripe old age will sit in the streets of Jerusalem, each with cane in hand because of his age. The city streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there." This is what the Lord Almighty says: "It may seem marvelous to the remnant of this people at that time, but will it seem marvelous to me?" declares the Lord Almighty. This is what the Lord Almighty says: "I will save my people from the countries of the east and the west. I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God."

...and He continues, and further understanding is gained...