Eternal Life

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God?

You may select 1 option

 
 
View results

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Eternal Life

Post by Sparky » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:12 am

No one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. You must be born again of water and the Spirit of God. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but Spirit gives birth to spirit. The wind blows wherever it pleases; you hear its sound but cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. If you do not understand these things in earthly terms, how can you understand what is spoken to you of heavenly things? No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven -- the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

Everyone who believes in the Son of Man has eternal life. God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son: God Saves, the Anointed Lamb of God.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.

I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.

John chapter 3
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

User avatar
TaxiService
Night Stalker
Posts: 6887
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:52 am
Location: 41.896198, 12.4165945
Contact:

Re: Eternal Life

Post by TaxiService » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:36 am

Now that i think about it... how comes there's no hide thread option?
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

User avatar
Dead Site
Veteran
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 am

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Dead Site » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:10 am

sparky do you mind coding a visual basic MOBA game based in the kingdom of god and use these long elaborate blocks of text as lore for the heroes
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

002
Ranger
Posts: 943
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:48 pm
Location: ::1

Re: Eternal Life

Post by 002 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:06 pm

False dilemmas are annoying. Let's change it to a not-so-very false one.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God?
  • Yes, and I love to shove my religion down everyone else's throat, I repeatedly post multi-page blocks of cryptic text that only I seem to be able to understand and are otherwise unreadable to anyone else, I only love my Christian neighbor when it comes to loving my neighbor (fuck everyone else), and my name is Sparky.
  • No.
You may select 1 option
So, if you're Christian, you're an asshole, which is what my poll is saying. Ironically, many Christians I know aren't assholes who devote their time to trying to post nonsensical bullshit that even they found super fucking annoying. I'm pretty sure that if Christ himself went on this forum, he wouldn't go on this forum to read/post long blocks of text about himself.

If your intention is to annoy everyone, which seems to be pretty clear, then you're an asshole, and you don't give a flying fuck about "loving thy neighbor", because you'd much rather shit down everyone's neck, claiming that everyone's is evil if they choose to not follow your views. You people give Christ a bad name. You're an insult to Christianity.

User avatar
Kayar
Delta Force
Posts: 4215
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:59 am
Location: Elsewhere.
Contact:

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Kayar » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:04 pm

002 wrote:False dilemmas are annoying. Let's change it to a not-so-very false one.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God?
  • Yes, and I love to shove my religion down everyone else's throat, I repeatedly post multi-page blocks of cryptic text that only I seem to be able to understand and are otherwise unreadable to anyone else, I only love my Christian neighbor when it comes to loving my neighbor (fuck everyone else), and my name is Sparky.
  • No.
You may select 1 option
So, if you're Christian, you're an asshole, which is what my poll is saying. Ironically, many Christians I know aren't assholes who devote their time to trying to post nonsensical bullshit that even they found super fucking annoying. I'm pretty sure that if Christ himself went on this forum, he wouldn't go on this forum to read/post long blocks of text about himself.

If your intention is to annoy everyone, which seems to be pretty clear, then you're an asshole, and you don't give a flying fuck about "loving thy neighbor", because you'd much rather shit down everyone's neck, claiming that everyone's is evil if they choose to not follow your views. You people give Christ a bad name. You're an insult to Christianity.
TaxiService wrote:Now that i think about it... how comes there's no hide thread option?
Y'know, you're right Taxi. There's also no option for me to "like" 002's post. Or downvote Sparky's.

Edit: I realize my intention may not be clear. I am not being sarcastic. I want a "like" button for 002's post, and a "downvote" one for Sparky's.
Image
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Sparky » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Cronos Dage wrote:sparky do you mind coding a visual basic MOBA game based in the kingdom of god and use these long elaborate blocks of text as lore for the heroes
That would be too disrespectful.

It would seem this forum only consists of trolls now. I guess it is time to leave. Maybe I'll come back another year, maybe not.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

User avatar
Mgalekgolo
Commando
Posts: 2587
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Only troll I see here is you, Sparky. Either that or your mind really is too deluded to comprehend the blatantly obvious "hints" we have given you about your attitude towards people who do not wish to live their life under the shadow of some being, who frankly has an extraordinarily minuscule chance of even partially existing, in one form of another.

My way of thinking:

We all control ourselves, there is no being controlling our lives, helping or otherwise.

We will all die someday, unless scientists somehow beat aging, because your "God" can't do that, science can.

When we die, there will be nothing. We will just decompose. There is nothing. Sure that's harrowing to conceive, but I believe everyone should make the best of every little second they have to live in this ever so short life, not spend it trying to please their false deity.

So basically, enjoy life. Live, love, have children. Teach them the ways of the world. Don't delude them with false premonitions of some "God" that is most likely false. Let them choose their own path.

Most people turn to God in times of need. When people are fed up with the pain and suffering, and they even contemplate suicide, they give up on being self sufficient and "give themselves up to God", and find comfort in the "fact" that they will live eternally under the shadow of their "lord and savior." I was raised christian, broke out of it at a young age when my rationality interceded with the christian logic paths. I know the stories, I know what people say were "miracles." I know. And there are rational explanations for everything, the bible is most likely a novel written a long time ago, and was undertook by someone who decided to call it their "Holy book."

I'm just trying to show you my views. Try to understand, we will never be converted. I for one, need proof. If God ever showed up and offered me a cheeseburger, then turned it into solid gold for me and made me live forever, then I'd believe in him. Until then, I stick with myself.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.
Image

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Sparky » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:38 am

I tell you the truth, Jesus.

I may be leaving, but God will never leave you. He is your Father who stands with you forever and holds you dearly. God loves you and will always be with you. He will always be there for you, and will always appreciate you, even when you do wrong. How do I know he loves you? Because of his son, Jesus Christ.

You might have come to this forum looking for something to do that people will appreciate. If you ask Jesus Christ, he will give you living water, the Spirit of Truth, and you will be free and have everlasting joy that nobody can take away from you. Then you will know God your Father and Jesus Christ your Master and Teacher, and your peace that you will receive from him by being with God will endure forever. Your Heavenly Father loves you with an everlasting love and appreciates you; you mean all of creation to him, for he made all of this from the beginning for you, so that you would know him and have a joy that endures forever with him.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

User avatar
Dead Site
Veteran
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 am

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Dead Site » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Sparky wrote:
Cronos Dage wrote:sparky do you mind coding a visual basic MOBA game based in the kingdom of god and use these long elaborate blocks of text as lore for the heroes
That would be too disrespectful.

It would seem this forum only consists of trolls now. I guess it is time to leave. Maybe I'll come back another year, maybe not.
Image

would it be better if it was in objective C
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Sparky » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:19 pm

If you do not take Jesus Christ and God seriously, he will do what you fear the most: he will take what you say seriously. "For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

002
Ranger
Posts: 943
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:48 pm
Location: ::1

Re: Eternal Life

Post by 002 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:56 am

You say lying is a sin, and yet you return after saying that you are leaving. You've proven that extreme zealots like you are also extreme hypocrites, liars, and assholes.
Sparky wrote:It would seem this forum only consists of trolls now. I guess it is time to leave. Maybe I'll come back another year, maybe not.
Sparky wrote:I tell you the truth, Jesus.

I may be leaving, but God will never leave you.
Nothing you say is true.

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Sparky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:52 pm

002 wrote:You say lying is a sin, and yet you return after saying that you are leaving. You've proven that extreme zealots like you are also extreme hypocrites, liars, and assholes.
Sparky wrote:It would seem this forum only consists of trolls now. I guess it is time to leave. Maybe I'll come back another year, maybe not.
Sparky wrote:I tell you the truth, Jesus.

I may be leaving, but God will never leave you.
Nothing you say is true.
I am returning now to tell you that I love you.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

User avatar
Sparky
Delta Force
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Sparky » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:12 am

You are being baptized into eternal life in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Obey God's commandments and you will live: love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and will, and love your neighbor as yourself. If you fail to obey God's Commandments, know that the Good News is Jesus Christ, God's forgiveness to you and all those who go to him in their heart. God is the God of the living, not the dead; to him, all are alive. He is the Good Shepherd who takes care of his sheep. "You, my sheep, are people. And I am your God." Therefore, know the Lord Our God who is the Sovereign and only Lord, the Father and Son who are one. There is only one God and because of his living Mercy, his only Son, his Hand and his Mouth, his living Word who leads us to God as a shepherd leads his sheep to safety and lays down his life for the sheep, so we know God and his Mercy and Faithful Loving Kindness which endures forever. "I the Lord do not change. Therefore, you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of your forefathers, you have rebelled against me and not kept my Commands. Return to me, and I will return to you." Return to God in your heart and he will bless you! You will learn so much from him that you will not know what to do with all the wisdom and joy -- and he will bring you to eternal life which is to know God and Jesus Christ his Son, our Teacher and Master and Lord, who is the only Sovereign Lord Almighty, to whom everything in Heaven and on Earth belongs.

Do not be arrogant, but know that all wisdom and understanding must come from first humbling yourself before God and being honest with him. He already knows you and is waiting to feed you the bread of life and tend to your soul. You need him. You may not understand this now, but you will understand it later.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

User avatar
Sugarlumps
Ranger
Posts: 1545
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Sugarlumps » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:13 am

I'm actually quite surprised that this is still going on.

Edit:
I should also mention that I second Kayar's notion.
Image
Click!

User avatar
Zodiark
SEAL
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Zodiark » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Sparky wrote:You are being baptized into eternal life in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Obey God's commandments and you will live: love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and will, and love your neighbor as yourself. If you fail to obey God's Commandments, know that the Good News is Jesus Christ, God's forgiveness to you and all those who go to him in their heart. God is the God of the living, not the dead; to him, all are alive. He is the Good Shepherd who takes care of his sheep. "You, my sheep, are people. And I am your God." Therefore, know the Lord Our God who is the Sovereign and only Lord, the Father and Son who are one. There is only one God and because of his living Mercy, his only Son, his Hand and his Mouth, his living Word who leads us to God as a shepherd leads his sheep to safety and lays down his life for the sheep, so we know God and his Mercy and Faithful Loving Kindness which endures forever. "I the Lord do not change. Therefore, you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of your forefathers, you have rebelled against me and not kept my Commands. Return to me, and I will return to you." Return to God in your heart and he will bless you! You will learn so much from him that you will not know what to do with all the wisdom and joy -- and he will bring you to eternal life which is to know God and Jesus Christ his Son, our Teacher and Master and Lord, who is the only Sovereign Lord Almighty, to whom everything in Heaven and on Earth belongs.

Do not be arrogant, but know that all wisdom and understanding must come from first humbling yourself before God and being honest with him. He already knows you and is waiting to feed you the bread of life and tend to your soul. You need him. You may not understand this now, but you will understand it later.
Wow, so much rhetorical Christian lingo is one post. Sparky, you're a smart guy, but I must ask, what exactly do you mean by God's love, mercy, and forgiveness? And please, do not preach, thoroughly explain without vague symbolic language.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu 2 [Spider] and 6 guests