Eternal Life

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God?

Yes, and I have eternal life because He is in me
25%
No, and I stand condemned already because I don't believe in God's Son
75%

Total votes: 16

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Sparky » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:27 am

TaxiService wrote:I do not understand that^
Which person is more likely to understand, a person who curses their enemies, or a person who prays for the well-being and justice (betterment) of their enemies?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:23 am

Sparky wrote:
TaxiService wrote:I do not understand that^
Which person is more likely to understand, a person who curses their enemies, or a person who prays for the well-being and justice (betterment) of their enemies?
Or the person who has a clear head, the ability to believe in what he believes, without being subjected to the thoughts and impulses of any other organization be it religion or otherwise.

The man with the clear conscience has the clearest head. The man who does not need to shout in order to keep believing.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:11 am

The reason I ever bothered talking to you guys was because you were my friends. I say "were", because you have made yourselves like enemies to me, hating what I have to say and coming up with all kinds of lies about me for the simple reason that you are not listening to what I'm saying. If you would listen to what I say and see what I do, then you would come to a right conclusion about who I am and what I do. It's the same with God.

Smythe, we are on the same page with your last post. Thanks for sharing that with me. What you said there is what I have intended to say also, that we should understand and not assume.

I go through all kinds of problems each day. I also have a singular joy that overcomes all my problems each day. As a friend, I should be able to share both of these things with you, and so I have. But when you argue with me and openly try to offend me, not even bothering to consider and care what I might think of your responses before saying them to me, how then am I left to respond? If we all would promote a healthy discussion environment, in consideration of each other's feelings, then we could think clearly without being subjected to the hate speech that some have entertained and let loose from their hearts and mouths. It's an internal wickedness -- in the heart (thoughts you entertain and trains of thought you consider) -- that come through the mouth as what is said or communicated in person or on the internet, and these things are gaping holes in the discussion.

So don't say, "shut up, Sparky", or "what is Sparky's problem", or "what has happened to Sparky". Certainly, if I wanted to share my problems each day with you, I would do so. But I know that everyone has problems, and so I share the solutions to these problems instead, in the hopes that you would each day be able to relate and therein see a solution to all the problems you have each day.

Because we are not all that different. We all have problems each day, even what Jesus Christ said, "Do not worry about tomorrow, but let tomorrow worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV).

So no, I am not delusional or psychotic. My conclusions differ from yours because my experiences differ from yours. I am basing my conclusions on my own experiences, not on the (lack of, most notably) experiences of others, although I am not stupid enough to neglect instruction from those older and wiser than me, most notably, the testimony of those whose words are recorded in the Holy Bible about what Jesus Christ said, and my parents, grandparent (I only have one still alive), and so on. These people speak wisdom out of the love they have for me, and I consider what they say and respect them. I do this because that's what I do. So don't curse at me or hate me in your heart when I do the same things for you, because that gives me a very poor opinion of you... until you realize that the reason you feel this way is human nature and that the solution to everyone hating each other is Jesus Christ.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:47 am

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:34 pm

You don't get it do you? You still see yourself as our friend, you use this friendship of yours as a way to attempt to convert us to your faith, in order to gain forgiveness from your god.

What would be different here if someone came, claiming Allah as the one true god, or Zeus, or any number of religious beings, would you try to convert them?

Arguing with Athiests is one thing, arguing with a religious person is entirely different, you cannot possibly win because they ALL believe their God is the true god, and thus they are utterly implacable in their opinion.

How is that any different from you? You have absolute belief in your god, and so no other opinion matters.

An atheist will tell you that you're wrong, that there is no god. A religious man will tell you that his god is real, and not yours.
I will tell you to leave your religion OUT of society and leave it at home. Secularisation is all about the modernisation of the world, the separation of church and state, the removal of God as a reason, and merely a subject to study in order to understand why things happened in the past.

Organised religion will die out in the Western world, church numbers are dwindling, and even of the people who do go, only ~80% believe in the afterlife.

However, in the undeveloped world, religion is growing stronger every day, because all the services they receive are funded and headed by religious missionaries.

Give those who have nothing religion and they latch on because its all they've got, because they're told that their suffering shall end if they take god as their saviour.

Religion in Africa is an unusual thing, because the only religions that started there are those of the native tribes, but in the most developed slums of Africa, they believe in the Christian god because they have nothing else.

A desperate mind will always find a way to see pattern in random events, events that they cannot control. And if a higher power is that answer, then one will latch onto that idea, because if it is out of their control, then it was the will of god for it to happen.

This is why so many people pray after natural disasters, because they don't know 'why' it happened. They ask forgiveness for whatever reason, and when things get better, they say it was the will of god, and are seen as saviours.

So don't tell us you don't have a reason to believe in god, because we know there is. At least have the decency to tell us why.

You have singlehandedly driven away multitudes of people from this forum, many of them friends of us, so we have a right to know why you are doing this. Maybe by sharing, you might be able to figure something out.

I will not personally attack you if you are honest with us, come to peace on our terms and we shall respect it.

Otherwise leave, your preaching has no place here.