Eternal Life

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God?

Yes, and I have eternal life because He is in me
25%
No, and I stand condemned already because I don't believe in God's Son
75%

Total votes: 16

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Eternal Life

Post by Sparky » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:32 pm

I love all of you here as my family. This reason and God's voice through me is why I have spoken to you like I have and shared with you Jesus Christ, the light of the world.

"Do not my words do good to him whose way is upright?"
"Heaven and earth will all pass away, but my words will never pass away."

God reveals his words through Jesus Christ, his living Word. We who believe in him know this to be true because we have investigated for ourselves whether he speaks the truth. And we know God through him, Our Lord. And we say by God's everlasting love and mercy that the Lord is our Righteousness and our Salvation. We no longer intentionally sin because God is in us, and whatever sinful thoughts we have only shames us and testifies to ourselves that "I am weak, but God is Almighty and loves me." God's mercy sustains us, for we know his presence because he told us he is with us always and his words is the Absolute Truth, Jesus Christ. And we trust God and Jesus Christ alone because Our Lord Jesus Christ does and says everything exactly as the Father tells him. He intentionally and deliberately laid down his life for all sinners, and then he took up his life again back on earth so that we would know and understand God's Mercy and have him in us, and so that because he lives we also will live in him, and then returned to the Father so that we also would return to the Father in him when he comes again in the Lord God Almighty's glory on the Last Day which he told us about. Nobody knows when that day will be, except the Father, and we are commanded to keep watch for his return on the clouds of heaven. That will be a day of darkness, and he will be the only light. All people will mourn on that day, for it will all be over and they will be brought to judgement by the only Judge, God, who is the one who seeks glory for himself. The only way you can honor him is through honoring his Son, Jesus Christ, whose words are Spirit and Truth, the solid Rock on which you can stand -- for all other ground is sinking sand. For God and Jesus Christ alone is Trustworthy. You ask me, "Do I honestly believe that?" No, friend, I know it without a doubt. And any doubt I would have is only to my humbling shame. Let all who desire the truth listen to the Living Truth from God's Mouth, for He is King and his Spirit of Truth tells us what He says, because we are baptized and reborn of Spirit and Truth. We are all servants and friends and must honor his Name, Immanuel forever, which means "God With Us forever".
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:20 am

Yo!

God is merciful; he sits enthroned above the heavens -- heaven is his throne and the earth is his footstool. He sends the sun to govern the day and the moon to govern the night. He sends rain to water the plants and provides food all year long, each crop in its season. His mercy endures forever. His mercy is Jesus Christ, his Son, his living Word and Hand who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on the earth, for in these things He delights. God and Jesus Christ is one, for they are one God and his Son, together one. It is no mystery to those who look to him and are taught by him through his Mouth, Jesus Christ. And his salvation will endure forever: salvation by his Hand and through his Words which lead to knowing God and Jesus Christ his Son which is to have Eternal Life in Jesus Christ the Teacher our Savior and Lord and Master and Redeemer who laid down his life for all by his Father's Command, so that we would all be brothers who keep him in our hearts and do the Father's Will, keeping and obeying his Commandments and believing in his Son Jesus Christ. He is merciful to all, both the righteous and the wicked, to both those who obey/serve God and are grateful and those who disobey/don't serve God and are ungrateful, since God is merciful to all in his kindness, justice and righteousness on the earth, sending the sun and rain on both, and Jesus Christ died for ALL people who believe in him -- believe in the Good News of God's Almighty Mercy through repentance and forgiveness of sins by Jesus Christ God's Mouth and Hand. God is merciful beyond comprehension, for "the Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom." "No one can measure the depths of his understanding." (Isaiah 40:28).

Yo, read the Bible! It is good for you. "Do not my words do good to him whose way is upright?" It, he, is good for you! Ask and you will receive; ask Jesus Christ in your heart for mercy and God will be merciful. If you want to be forgiven, you must also forgive people who sin against you, relinquishing them of their debts just as you would have God do for you."

If you want to understand this, read John 17.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:12 pm

It is an issue of offense and resentment. You are offended when I talk to you, and this becomes resentment and such that you reject and are unwilling to hear what I say, much less understand and accept it. Yet you should know that I am not talking with the intent to offend you, but out of love for you. I am talking to you because I love you. And this is the reason why God talks to us, because he loves us.

But let me ask you: what I have to say for you is meant for you at that time and is specifically meant to help you with whatever problems you face at that time or soon thereafter (because God warns and prepares us ahead of time). Since what I have to say is meant for you at that time and does good for you ("Do not my words do good to him whose way is upright?"), then is it my fault that you are offended by what I say?

Yet when we speak to each other in ways that suggest offense -- such as by saying, "you have problems" or suggesting this without helping or doing justice in a merciful and proper way -- then we tend to offend each other, and then we resent each other, and then there is rejection and hatred in the hearts of those to whom were being spoken when the intent and motivation for speaking to them was sincere loving kindness.

So be careful what you say so that you do not harm each other. Make clear the motivation of love and do not say something in such a way that suggests the listener be offended. You can exercise justice without doing harm by asking yourself if what you want to say comes directly from mercy in your heart, or whether you are speaking in offense or defense. By our words we will be judged, because the words reflect what we allow to overflow in our heart. By experience, though, if you look to Jesus Christ, he will help discipline you to avoid saying something that does harm.

But understand that "all men will hate you because of me. But not a hair on your head will perish; by standing firm, you will gain life." means not that everyone will shoot you in the back, but that everyone will be offended by what you say when you speak of Jesus Christ and the Truth of Life from God's Mouth and Salvation by God's Hand, and then they will resent what you say and then end up rejecting and hating you yourself, even though you have loved them and worked for their own good and brought exactly from your heart what they needed to hear at the time --- all out of love and compassion, not in order to offend or harass them. In this way, there will be division even among family members in a household. But how do you understand this? By knowing that it's about offense that leads to resentment, and understanding that you speak to one another rather out of love and kindness and helpfulness. So try not to be offended so easily when I talk to you, because I am speaking to you out of love for you, because I have everlasting, solid joy that I share with you. This joy is not bliss or glee which is here now and gone the next moment, but is a solid rock that does not fail: real joy. This joy only comes from Jesus Christ, God's Son. And I share this joy with you so that you might also have such joy of knowing and understanding ... and living for real.

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:44 am

In the ashes of deleted posts, tell me about this John-117 prophet.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:52 pm

I am so glad i don't come here anymore -_-

Though it is tempting to come back purely in the interests of sending Sparky into a spin of hilarious anger again, that was fun :3

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:53 am

Hate bloodshed, or it will pursue you. I have this issue with violence and even the animated violence of computer games. Let's work to change these things so they are no longer violent, but peaceful.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 am

Sparky's new halo mod, pet the fluffy bunnies!
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:32 am

Eternal life isn't when you die, but it's to know God and Jesus Christ. It's what you do while living. And this is a successful life in God's sight, because you have returned to God what belongs to God: you. Death is when God demands your life back from you. Life is when you live to glorify God who made you. Sin tries to interrupt this, to make it so that you do not succeed in life. But Jesus Christ comes to you to ensure that you have life, and have it to the fullest.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:05 am

So you guys might be wondering "When the fuck did all this start?"

Well the first post that i've found by Sparky that has a semblance to his current postings is in thread on 9/11.

Anyway, Here's the thread link: http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=17906

It's obviously a thread that began with a conspiriacy theory (which was interesting) but quickly became very clear that Sparky was taking a very vested interest in this theory.
Sparky wrote:Let me give you an example of how shit is falling: the government now has the legal right to kill you or imprison you and torture you for absolutely no reason at all. IN OTHER WORDS, WHEN IT HAPPENS, WHO WILL DEFEND YOUR CASE? YOUR PARENTS? THEY WILL BE MURDERED TOO!
This comment by itself could be seen as a sort of joke, overplaying the idea that the US government can kill whoever it wants.
But it was then followed by a whole bunch of links to different conspiracy theories.

So is this absolute faith in God because he has no faith in his leaders? So that he must find someone he can trust because nobody else is there for him, family or other wise?
Sparky wrote: but only God who created all things and knows and has defined them fully -- and alone is Good -- is worthy of trust. You don't see God because God is Spirit rather than flesh.
Seems like it. This complete lack of trust in anyone but a higher power may have been bought on by these revelations about his government.

But what kind of person actually takes such a radical step for something like this?

I have a theory that it is a form of Asperger Syndrome, though it sounds like a bit of a nasty thing to say, we're all affected by the Aspergic Spectrum in one way or another.
People with Asperger syndrome often display behavior, interests, and activities that are restricted and repetitive and are sometimes abnormally intense or focused. They may stick to inflexible routines, move in stereotyped and repetitive ways, or preoccupy themselves with parts of objects.
Though this would make sense, a study was created that showed that a very large portion, but not all, aspergers patients rejected the idea of any one God, and Religion in general, Here is the article related to the study.

So why else turn to god in such a dramatic fashion? what do people go to God for?

I believe the answer lies in forgiveness. The ability to ask forgiveness, and recieve it, from a power that cannot possibly break your trust nor ignore your forgiveness.

But why do you need forgiveness? Because you did something, or something happened that you blame yourself for. Something terrible.

In one of your posts, you mentioned your sister, and talked about her in a way that would make us feel sorry for you in some way. The words police were mentioned as well.

I believe you did something terrible, either to her, or to someone else. something that means you only have your God to turn to. Your family is either gone, or has no place in your life anymore. You believe that you can repent for this by converting people to your flock, bringing them to your cause and placing them under the umbrella of your religion. You believe this will cause God to forgive you, and allow you to enter Heaven like all the other Good Christians in the world.

So is this really just an issue of trust for you? You don't trust anyone else so you trust in something that cannot possibly break that trust, that will always forgive you no matter what you did? Or is it something deeper, and more psychological than that, something that your mind latched onto like the edge of a cliff.

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 am

Smythe wrote:I have a theory that it is a form of Asperger Syndrome, though it sounds like a bit of a nasty thing to say, we're all affected by the Aspergic Spectrum in one way or another.
I wouldn't go so far as to break out the term 'Asperger', but I know what you mean -- everyone seems to have different social blind spots.
  • My friend R loves telling people about his life, but apparently was born without the ability to realize when you've gone on talking too much. Trying to get him to go away is a very awkward endeavor.
  • My stepmom is probably the most social person I know. She's excellent at first impressions, and always remembers names and birthdays, etc. One time my vegan friend was over and she was embarrassed about not having any vegan food to offer to her guest. She kept making jokes about veganism to cover her 'mistake', but she really just came across as an asshole.
  • My friend K is the most conscientious person I know, and is terrified of having his speakers too loud in case it bothers the neighbors. He bends over backwards for his roommates, and is usually the one to take out the trash. But he does NOT understand the concept of "please don't talk during movies" and gets very frustrated and confused when chastised for it.
  • My dad is 110% an engineer and loves explaining in concrete terms how you fucked up, but becomes a broken record who will absolutely not stop repeating himself. The only tactic against this is to listen and nod until he's done, usually around the third iteration.
What scares me is what my social blind spots are -- the annoying things I do that I'm not even aware of. :shock:

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:24 am

Smythe: Really interesting analysis. Thanks for taking time to do it and sharing it with us. I think it's a sensible consideration of Sparky's behavior, and i guess I'll believe that's what happened to him, until we get more info or a better theory.

WaeV: I guess i know a couple of mine.
- I feel sorry inappropriately.
- I am somewhat unreliable with appointments. My tardiness is directly proportional to the overall time i've spent with the person in question, for some reason.
- I am too much informal with peers of my age, and too much formal with people that aren't my age.
- I CAN'T FUCKING REMEMBER PEOPLE'S NAMES. I just don't memorize them. When you meet a person you shake hands and they're like "I'm X" and you're like "I'm Y" but, I swear on my balls, I can't fucking remember the names. >_<

I-I've kinda found a solution to this last one. When I meet somebody I ask them how many letters are in their name, and count them along with the person. In this way, I'll remember the embarrassing moment of me asking their names, thus remember the names. Because shit! It's helpless otherwise!
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:51 pm

I've been tested for Aspergers since i was born, every few years, though nothing has ever really come of it.

I'm deemed on the lowest end of the Spectrum, where some of my qualities resemble those of someone with Aspergers, mainly my dedication to one thing, my inability to stay focused on something else other than that, and my difficulty getting things from my head through to my hands and such in order to write or paint, though the latter seems to be pretty good in comparison.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:28 pm

It's very simple: Those who go to Jesus Christ and learn from him understand. Those who do not go to Jesus Christ and learn from him do not understand.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:21 pm

I do not understand that^
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:18 am

Sparky wrote:It's very simple: Those who go to Jesus Christ and learn from him understand. Those who do not go to Jesus Christ and learn from him do not understand.
So are you just trying to swerve the subject here?

I doubt you'll be willing to open up about what you did to her, you continue to hide behind your faith because you think it will hide you from the opinions and judgment of those around you.