Suicide Prevention

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Sparky
Delta Force

Suicide Prevention

Post by Sparky » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:43 am

John 17 wrote:13 “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by[d] the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

25 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you[e] known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”
Words have serious consequences. Be careful of what you say so that you do not harm each other.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Dead Site
Veteran

Re: Suicide Prevention

Post by Dead Site » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:45 am

suicide is mostly hurting yourself m8
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:21 am

Cronos Dage wrote:suicide is mostly hurting yourself m8
Not necessarily. Now, not to buy into the bullshit Sparky seems to be continually spouting but everyone needs a good philosophical spout every once in a while.

In its truest form, suicide is essentially the ending of one's own life for the often misconceived idea of 'escape'. But of course, this escape is a fallacy in itself. The mind of a suicidal man is a terrifying place; a whirling tempest of insanity. The fact that Sparky created this thread suggests the outreach of a tortured soul confiding in the placement of a great answer, a deity as it happens to be represented to Sparky. The trust of this ultimate answer is what seems to keep Sparky going at this point. Supporting this is the consistent dumping of information that no one particularly wishes to listen to onto this anonymous forum. None of us particularly care, or even care enough to listen at this point. Between the lines I think there is something more going on in Sparky's incredible psyche. We all seem to dismiss him as this raving lunatic, endlessly trying to explain himself to the only ones who we think would vaguely listen. Sparky is more complicated than any of us could imagine. Why? Because he's human. Despite the fact that our perception of him is skewed by his outward statements he still is human.

Quite frankly, I feel as if his sudden outbursts of religion is a cry for help, because no one else will listen.

Going back to the topic of suicide. Can suicide be quintessentially considered as self harm? Or is it a final summit of the mountain built by ridicule? I think this is the point Sparky is trying to make, even if it is somewhat convoluted; twisted by the incorporation of his religion.

Sparky, if you want us to listen to what you are quietly implying in many of your posts, why not present in a way not incorporating your own personal religious views? Perhaps then we'll all take what you have to say more seriously.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:02 am

Sven wrote:Sparky, if you want us to listen to what you are quietly implying in many of your posts, why not present in a way not incorporating your own personal religious views? Perhaps then we'll all take what you have to say more seriously.
Sven, if you refuse to listen to me when I speak from my heart of one matter, you will not listen to me when I speak from my heart of another matter. Both matters have been of doing good, not evil, of saving life, not destroying it.

Every day is given by God for us to live along the journey he sets forth for us, personally. Do not take offense at my words and let your heart come to resent what good things I say to you, or then you will end up hating me, but it will be for no reason; it will not be based upon reason, but upon offense, because you felt offended because you could not accept what good things I said. This is because you had no room in your heart for them. So do not be like this, but recognize value in good things and wisdom, and know that each person walks through life meant to help each other and faces similar problems on their own. The journey of life is for you to walk, but when you walk it, another person is walking it at the same time, and it would be just for you to encourage them and help them along the way; and you do this by warning them against adultery in their heart, so they would say and do what is legitimate and gain life through faith in the God who is watching and helping amidst the strife of mortal ills prevailing. Then you will be taught by God that the only problem is sin; everything else is just part of the journey. But God said, "Live!"

But what you need to read to hear is the book of 2nd Peter. It's three chapters, here they are:

http://biblehub.com/niv/2_peter/1.htm
http://biblehub.com/niv/2_peter/2.htm
http://biblehub.com/niv/2_peter/3.htm

All I ask is this: be honest in your heart before God.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:28 am

Some here have said, "There is no God" or "There is no god". How can you say this? Haven't you actually sought him? How can a person subscribe to atheism and claim that God does not exist when they have not made any effort at all to try and seek him first to discover whether he exists? Truly, whoever seeks finds, as he said: "Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you. Ask, and it will be given to you. For whoever seeks finds, to whomever knocks, the door will be opened, and whoever asks receives." And he goes on to explain that God is merciful and does and responds... and lives.

So how do we seek the only God? How can we know that he exists? Simple! Truly seek him with your heart and he will reveal himself to you through Jesus Christ his Son, for salvation is from the Jews; the Jews know God who they worship, whereas other religions worship God but do not know him except through his messages to them as their conscience. So seek God, not your collection of idols, and live! Then you will know him, and then you can say with certainty, "Yes, I know God and have his living Word in me, and I am happy."

Then once you know the Truth, you have joy in you that nobody can take away. And you persevere in truth by remaining honest before God in your heart. God is the God of Truth, the God of the Living, not the dead, and his word leads to eternal life with him, because he draws us to himself with faithful loving kindness. So you must live; for this has nothing to do with death, but real, true life, Life to the fullest. It's all yours, and it's free! Once you have the joy of eternal life by the knowledge of God and Jesus Christ his Son and faith and acceptance of his words, then you will be free, and no one will be able to take away your joy. You may be upset or distressed at times during the journey of life, but his joy will never leave you; and by trust in him and understanding that he is your Righteousness and Salvation who overcame the world for you already, you will have peace, and that peace will endure forever, because even though heaven and earth will pass away, God's (Jesus') words will never pass away. You will have nothing to fear, because he is with you always; then you will freely exult in him and abound in love while sharing God's Mercy with all other people.

Here, from http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV:
15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

“Come now; let us leave.
What happened after this was that he laid down his life and took it up again; it was not taken from him, but he deliberately handed himself over to be persecuted and put to death, then deliberately brought himself back to life and continued to teach his disciples in person before returning in body and spirit to the Father in Heaven, to be seated at the Right Hand of God.

Seriously, if you are willing in your heart to seek God, you will find him, and you will understand that he is your helper, greater than all, "amid the strife of mortal ills prevailing", along the journey of life which he predetermined to set before you along your way. You will then be secure in your being: heart, mind, soul and will.

And you will understand this, that the bottom line is that God and Jesus Christ alone is Trustworthy.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:57 am

Mark 7:20

Out of men's hearts:
- good holy thoughts
- pure love honoring God of Life
- generosity in giving and care
- saving life, working justice
- legitimacy and honesty before God
- loving one another as Jesus loves me
- well meaning intentions, sharing Truth
- honesty, truth, compassion, understanding
- decency and respect and honor
- working for the betterment of others (justice) and learning from God and living for him, not envious
- truth and forgiveness, thinking good of each other
- humbleness
- wisdom, saying and doing what is right