I was living in constant disparagement (self-deprecation)

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
hx239
Operative

Re: I was living in disparity

Post by hx239 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:17 pm

I don't get it. This is general discussion, anything should be allowed here. If you don't like what Sparky is saying, don't read it maybe? check the thread to see what it's about, if it doesn't interest you don't read the damn thing, and for god's sake don't comment on it.

Problem solved.
I can't get enough of Gargoyles.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm

hx239 wrote:I don't get it. This is general discussion, anything should be allowed here. If you don't like what Sparky is saying, don't read it maybe? check the thread to see what it's about, if it doesn't interest you don't read the damn thing, and for god's sake don't comment on it.

Problem solved.
This is what many have said time and time again. They are definitely words to be followed.

However, it does get occasionally annoying when Sparky posts four-plus topics at once and all are about jebus. In fact it is infinitely alloying when ANYONE posts the same topic repeatedly and regularly for over a year.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:48 pm

>Problem solved.

*facepalms*

I never said it shouldn't be allowed to discuss about any topic in particular. I said that keeping on discussing some topics is just deleterious for this community, and we should refrain to discuss these topics since it doesn't seem we can discuss them in a civil way.

Saying "we should stop discussing this topic" is not equal to "we must ban this topic forever" and obviously not equal to "we must ban any topic not regarding mac and gaming". >: \

Anyway when we discuss religion stuff it's not like a cultural exchange in which we all grow more knowledge and are able to consider other POVs. We try to point out the flaws in each other's thinking processes, and that's fucking stupid!
That's what i've tried to say in my first post. Until all of us won't learn to ACCEPT that people may have different views on things, discussing these topics is just retarded.

And in fact I didn't reply to this topic until Smythe did. At which point I told him that^. I told him "stop arguing with him, there is no use". NOT because discussing with Sparky is useless, but because discussing this thing like this is useless.
So god dammit, i really don't see what i did wrong this time.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Dead Site
Veteran

Re: I was living in constant disparagement (self-deprecation

Post by Dead Site » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Yes; we could naturally just put Sparky on our ignore list, missing only the rare good content he posts

but for new users of the forums which we get near to never it is a nuisance and I consider Sparky's posts spam

I say we have a political view megathread and a religious megathread here since no one gives a shit about anyone's opinion for things that don't severely impact lives
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:35 am

Cronos Dage wrote:Yes; we could naturally just put Sparky on our ignore list, missing only the rare good content he posts

but for new users of the forums which we get near to never it is a nuisance and I consider Sparky's posts spam

I say we have a political view megathread and a religious megathread here since no one gives a shit about anyone's opinion for things that don't severely impact lives
But Sparky has contributed to the HDM modding area, and we're all grateful for what he has accomplished. But his spam in the GD is not acceptable.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:56 am

There are two opinions here:

First, the opinion "let's talk about whatever civilly", and the second opinion "I don't want to talk about whatever." Therefore, what hx239 said is the solution to this discrepancy. People who want to talk about things civilly should be allowed to do so, and people who do not want to talk about things should be allowed NOT to do so. Thus, it is the person's own initiative to participate in a conversation that should be held responsible. You are only responsible for what you decide both to do and not to do. I will not be held responsible for what you have said, just like you will not be held responsible for what I have said. Wherever conflict began and people spoke in anger, a person should listen before responding to anger, and a person should not be angry or act out of anger towards anyone else.

Now if you had read and understood what I had in my signature here quoting from the Lord who said, "Do not be angry with your brother in your heart," then you would have already known this and I would not need to essentially elaborate for the welfare of this discussion point; this wisdom would already be a guide for our understanding of the situations here.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:28 am

I think adding a new forum section for philosophical stuff is a good idea. General Discussion is performing double duty here: the truly general discussions such as the Departures Thread, and the philosophical stuff.

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Smythe wrote:
Cronos Dage wrote:Yes; we could naturally just put Sparky on our ignore list, missing only the rare good content he posts

But Sparky has contributed to the HDM modding area, and we're all grateful for what he has accomplished. But his spam in the GD is not acceptable.
That is what I meant by “rare good content”

Not really here for halo mods anymore either; I only ever installed two or so

meanwhile in his world sparky concludes his post with godspam
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]