Halo 3 Online for PC

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Jeep

Halo 3 Online for PC

Post by Jeep » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:32 am

Apparently Microsoft and Saber Interactive ported Halo 3 to PC and were going to release it in Russia only as a freemium game with in-game purchases and load outs.

Essentially, it's the Halo 3 engine with a bunch of H3 maps. What's new are load outs, and sprinting (which wasn't in H3)

A beta of the game was leaked and a team reverse-engineered the game to exclude load outs AND make it playable in the rest of the world.

There's about 15,000 active players playing it right now. Reddit has a sub-reddit dedicated to it at /r/haloonline

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Re: Halo 3 Online for PC

Post by Mota-Lev » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:49 am

Downloading now, Will install and test when I get home from work.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Yeah, some folk on the IRC were poking fun at it for quite some time.. I don't think they take it too seriously =P. This thing is related to it.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:36 am

It has potential I suppose. Runs slow but once you are in game it's fine. Couldn't figure out how to get the multiplayer working with evolve and there's no single player. Maybe as mods come out and it furthers on things will improve.
Stupid tinypic removing my images