error moving file

Everything about RvS and its mods.
Vir2L™
Ranger

error moving file

Post by Vir2L™ » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:02 am

i have noticed that sometimes when joining a server and downloading a map....

when i complete the download i get an arror message saying "somethin somethin somethin...... Error moving file."

Like i said it is 100% downloaded and than that error shows up. It has happened several times now, so now i just look for the mod on this website, but most of the time i cant find the map i need.(ie, 2 Rooms)

Any ideas?
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:19 pm

One reason you may get this error is the server switchs to a new map and the map you are downloading isn't completely done. The download will not continue if the server switchs maps. The second reason is that some maps just act weird on downloading. I have checked many pc sites and they also have weird problems with some maps. As for not finding the map on the site, this means the map is probably in a pack. For example, 2 Rooms is in the Classic Training download. I always list the maps included in a pack in the Description. If you have a better way for me to do this I am open to suggestions. The maps in the larger map packs I am going to place those maps up individually.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:51 pm

Right on thanks for the insight. Well i think its the download acting wierd because i have had the error come up and tried connecting to the same server again with the same result.

BTW I did a search for 2 Rooms on the site, using command F, and nothing came up. :shrug:

I also wasnt directing the comments about not finding maps becasue i coulnt connect to your server, it was just an example that was at the tip of my tongue at the time.

no harm mono, I appreciate all the work you do to help support the mac community. :rocker:

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:33 am

I wasn't taking any offense to what you said. I probably could of said that last part differently so it wouldn't of come off like that. :wink: One reason your search may have failed is the Descriptions are on a different page. If you searched the map page then 2 Rooms wouldn't of shown up. Maybe I should make a mod map list that has all the maps on it and where to find them.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:33 pm

Monoman wrote:........Maybe I should make a mod map list that has all the maps on it and where to find them.
Sounds like a lot of work, but i think it would be benificial for the people that are searching to find specific maps, like myself. =)

Taunide

Post by Taunide » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:27 am

I suspect that it is connected to the Unix File-System. I downloaded the maps to my machine and created a server for our LAN. The Maps downloaded to the Puters of my friends, but the something went wrong.. I suspected that RvS tried to move the files to a somehow protected Folder.. and I suspect that if you are not the admin you are prohibited to do so