Mac VS PC

Everything about RvS and its mods.
beanie103

Mac VS PC

Post by beanie103 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:28 am

HI, Im desperately trying to play a friend on the network, but hes on a Mac(!), running Raven Shield V.1.42, and Im running V.1.41

When I try to connect to his IP address, it says the versions are incompatible, does anyone know which versions are compatible, if any???

Thanks for the help!
Chris B)

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:39 am

hi there beanie,

1.41 and 1.42 are basically the same version. 1.42 is the version that Gameranger deals with, and 1.41 is the version that regular RvS is. Kinda hard to explain.

But basically if someone creates a game in gameranger and a client tries to connect via IP, there will be an incompatable issue. Both people either have to create the game OUTSIDE of gameranger and join up via IP(multiplayer menu) or create the game IN gameranger and the client has to join via gameranger as well.

VOID anything that i said if you are on a PC and he is on a MAC, if that is the case you wont be able to play eachother, being that the PC and MAC versions aren't compatable.... and its pretty reasonable to say that I doubt they ever will be compatable.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

beanie103

Post by beanie103 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:52 am

I am on a PC,

so its not possible to play against a Mac?? works fine on most other games ?? :(

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:13 pm

The PC and Mac versions use different networking code for multiplayer which is the reason they cannot play against each other.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Vir2L™
Ranger

Re: .

Post by Vir2L™ » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:02 pm

beanie103 wrote:I am on a PC,

so its not possible to play against a Mac?? works fine on most other games ?? :(
Blame it on the poor support that UBI is giving the rainbowsix series of games in general. Technically it "should have" worked, but i think UBI has moved on to future titles and have dropped most of there support for RvS.

Because of there lack of support for this release, they are losing consumers, which equals money..... as we speak.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."