SANDBOX for MOD IDEAS

Everything about RvS and its mods.
el_presidente
Peon

SANDBOX for MOD IDEAS

Post by el_presidente » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:38 am

on the off chance that the sdk will ever be released for this game, what mod ideas would be worth pursuing??

here's a couple of mine to start:

(1) randomize hostage locations on HR maps -- this mod would take the number of hostages from the map and place them in new, random spots; it would be a "global" mod that, if on, would effect every map in your list.

(2) user-set the number of hostages in HR -- this mod would let the user define the number of hostages; the additional hostages would be randomly placed; another "global" mod: define the number and each map would get that number.

(3) strip away the "kill all terrorists" objective from missions -- i hate this objective, as you might as well be playing terrorist hunt, not mission; again, a "global" mod that would strip that objective from every map in your list when activated.

(4) backstabber spawn -- after, say, 75 seconds, a handful of terros are spawned within, say, 25 meters from insertion one at a time, say, 8 seconds apart, and go into "patrol" mode; thus you would have to fight back out to extraction; surprise!! global.

i don't really have any map-specific ideas but those would work well in this thread, too.
people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be if we didn't think life could improve

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:06 pm

i would like to see more missions like the Penthouse stealth mission, except add certain twists. I like the idea of pure stealth missions it makes more sense that a team goes in, plants bug, evidence,etc. and leaves without a trace/kill. It would also be nice to go a ilttle deeper than pure stealth and allow stealth to be broken after a "set" objective or a certain kill is made.

It would also be nice to have certain objectives that are triggered from bad moves/slip ups or if one objective is compromised another objective will pop up that needs to get done becasue the previous objective was compromised.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:20 pm

I'm mostly looking forward to new guns and gametypes. Actually anything that has been done in Unreal could probably made to work in RvS if the SDK was out. I think the mission stuff you want Moving could be done with the RvS Editor that comes with the PC version.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:14 pm

Monoman wrote:I'm mostly looking forward to new guns and gametypes. Actually anything that has been done in Unreal could probably made to work in RvS if the SDK was out. I think the mission stuff you want Moving could be done with the RvS Editor that comes with the PC version.
if that were so, how come we aren't seeing more missions and stuff being made for stock maps, etc?
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:45 pm

Because most of the PC community only focus on Team Survival maps. The RvS Editor is what is used to make the missions. The biggest problem is that you can make mission files for RvS like you can for GhR. If someone did make a new mission for one of the stock maps, you would have to replace the stock map with the modded one. I don't think anyone would want to keep replacing their maps everytime they switched servers.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:12 am

I'm most looking forward to new weapons and attachments.

EDIT: They can replace my teargas grenades with incindiery ones any day :mrgreen:
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:02 am

Heres a cool mod idea i dunno how possible it is in the unreal engine but I bet it could be done:
A dynamite vest attachment for hostages.
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.