Incompatible 1.57 Mac and 1.56 PC

Everything about RvS and its mods.
joeydg

Incompatible 1.57 Mac and 1.56 PC

Post by joeydg » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:39 am

I downloaded the update on Apple's page http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/g ... hield.html

The description says that the patch makes the game compatible with PC v1.56. Regardless of who starts the server, the other person gets an "Incompatible Version" message.

My dad and I don't mind re-installing and updating again, we just want to be able to play together - Mac to PC.

Which versions are compatible? What could I be missing or over-looking? Does anyone else have this problem?
Chicks dig 'Mario Cart'.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:41 pm

Mac and PC versions cannot play with each other. It doesn't matter what version.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:02 pm

This is what the download on apple's download site says:

[quote]What’s New in this Version
- Brings the Mac version of Raven Shield up to the PC version 1.5.6
- Allows Raven Shield users to play against people who have installed the Athena Sword expansion (only on the original Raven Shield maps).[/quote

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:11 pm

Yes, the versions are compatible in that you can play maps or mods made for the PC that are the same version.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:09 pm

Lame. Thanks for clarifying though. Is there any word on them attempting to make it work in the future? My dad and I both forked out some $ so we could have some good manly father/son online bonding time. PCs only playing other PCs and Macs only playing other Macs seems kind of gay.

Are there any other games that are online compatible between Macs and PCs? We're way tired of Ghost Recon now - even with all the compatible expansion packs.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:11 am

Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty 1 and 2, and Doom 3 are Mac and PC compatible. There are more but those were just the first ones I thought of.

Most games are normally Mac and PC compatible, I forgot the reason Aspyr gave for Raven Shield not being compatible.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig