Why the hate? lol, its just a game.

Everything about RvS and its mods.
Vir2L™
Ranger

Why the hate? lol, its just a game.

Post by Vir2L™ » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:48 pm

seems to me as of lately, the thing to do is hate on the opposing gamemode.

For instance:

I see ADV players talking about how "COOP BLOWS!, Coop is for panzies"
and now am seeing more and more Coop players sayin "ADV is for assholes"

blah blah blah

Whats the big deal here folks, seriously... its just a game. lol There far more serious things going on in this world for you to point your anger towards rather than an opposing gametype.

In my experience the reason why people hate something, is because they either lack understanding of it or they are so narrowminded that they dont care to understand it in the first place. Could this be the case? It really shows your depth of character.

I find both modes fun and enjoyable, but maybe its just me. lol
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

sw3D
Operative

dsglkajsdgklajldg

Post by sw3D » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:23 pm

i can't agree more

Especially when some dumbasses come into the game and mess up the whole place (especially Sar and Crypt) they either grab m60s and start shooting everyone or just frag em off the spawn

Personally, i like team co-op play better than adv cuz there's more tactic to it than just run and gun, which is not really the theme of raven shield
zomg?! wtf?! lag?! rematch?!

theBlack
Peon

HATE!!!!

Post by theBlack » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:36 am

Indeed
I am not a great fan of team kill or what ever its called, but I don't hate it, I simply cant play it, I am too used to not shooting other members.

Players are getting a little uptight, but that happens in every game I play, gamers take things to seriously, we all get angry if we get our arsed kicked time and time again.

The games I host tend to be for buddies only, or are pass worded. not a friendly approach, but keeps out people who are not wanted. so if you ever want a game with me I will add you all to my buddy list.

My settings are always on Elite, with 35+ tango's, to keep it real!

:lol:
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]
"will everyone stop getting shot!!"

Visit me @
http://www.theBlackness.co.uk

el_presidente
Peon

Post by el_presidente » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:39 am

i agree completely -- even though adv objectively boils down to another quake mp experience aimed at impatient and dull witted teenyboppers, i should never publicly point it out . . . .
people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be if we didn't think life could improve

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:59 am

el_presidente wrote:i agree completely -- even though adv objectively boils down to another quake mp experience aimed at impatient and dull witted teenyboppers, i should never publicly point it out . . . .
There are dull witted teenyboppers in every game mode, but it sure does seem to grow like a cancer in all adv. games.

Egos get in the way of a pleasureable gaming experience.

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:48 am

aint that the truth

I just find it funny that people act all tough and witty online, when in reality they are only acting tough becasue they know they have a computer screen and an alias to hide behind.

el_presidente
Peon

Post by el_presidente » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:27 pm

i act that way in my car, too!

ed -- i mean "they" not i !

heh.
people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be if we didn't think life could improve

theBlack
Peon

FURTHER TO MY COMMENTS

Post by theBlack » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:03 am

I find it easier to hate everybody,and everything, it stops prejudice.
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]

Visit me @

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:58 pm

well another turd proved my point once again tonight. Decides to post in my forum about how lame a coop squad is... blah blah blah

Why do people feel the need to tell people what is lame or not? And it is usually the ones with the most narrow minds/biased opinions.

hx239<{[®SD X]}>

Before you try an bash something, maybe you should try and think outside of that little box your brain dwells in. You might learn something.

FYI - SOG was formed to enter coop tournaments (w/ other coop squads, go figure!) and to play "games" (you know, to have fun, woah.. crazy concept), if that offends you, than I feel sorry for you. It is apparent that our squad doesnt fit into the mold of what you were told a "clan" is supposed to be. Are you not aware of the numerous amounts of coop squads in existance? There are hundreds if not more in Ghost Recon alone.

lol.... your lack of knowledge proves your ignorance.

P.S. Even if we are a "coop squad" we could still dominate your clan in a RvS or GhR battle, i have no doubts. hehe

*end rant*

theBlack
Peon

Rant

Post by theBlack » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:19 am

I vote we find them and kill them.

We should form a sqaud of elite RVS gamers, gear up with some H&K, 92Fs and a few frag grenades, and go knock on their parents door and give them all a good ticking off, with lots of harsh language.

Lets face it, they are just Kids and they are all missing the point of the game, and I mean really missing the point, a bit like playing Drafts with a Chess set.

If they choose to slag off Co-op , it simply proves that they have no concept of what the game is about, what the game represents, and the skill Co-op requires.
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]

Visit me @

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:38 am

-M*V!N> wrote:well another turd proved my point once again tonight. Decides to post in my forum about how lame a coop squad is... blah blah blah

hx239<{[®SD X]}>
So *why* does this little dirt bag get his own clan forum, then, which is locked, so that we can't flame him, lol.
Tim's ICQ# 256508104

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:03 pm

Don't worry he is on watch. If he keeps screwing around I'll ban him.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig