Buttsnifing?

Everything about RvS and its mods.
()utsider

Buttsnifing?

Post by ()utsider » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:11 am

I have read a few posts about it but dont know what it is exactly. What is it? Is it ass kissing fpr brownie points(brownnoser)? Or following somebody? If it is following somebody isn't that considered team work? Can someone please help me im a nube and dont want to be known as a buttsniffer.

BTW - i love the site it is cool.

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:14 pm

hahaha

i think it refers to following somebody but not really helping out. Usually the "buttsniffer" gets the person running point killed cause they are, quite simply, getting in the way.

Most buttsniffers sit on your ass and restrict necasary movements in order to flee from a nade or incoming fire.

The way to NOT be called a buttsniffer is to actually backup your Pointman by covering his six, or go an different route entirely. A good rule of thumb... Don't stand in the way or jump in front of the pointman if he is about to enter a room or look around the corner. Chances are either you, him or both of you will die.

Let people have their space. there is no need for two/three players to be looking at the same area, nor shooting at the same target.

Maintain your squads 360º view.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

sw3D
Operative

gjasgljsdhgklasj

Post by sw3D » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:54 pm

lol woops, i buttsniffed pres and shot him in the head by accidnet.. haha
zomg?! wtf?! lag?! rematch?!

theBlack
Peon

Butts

Post by theBlack » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:59 am

Ok so there is a word for hogging a guys six "buttsniffing"

How about a word for bouncing grenades off of window frame, back at you and your sqaud, missing the talk key, and saying "grenade!!!" to late so everybody dies but you.

Oh and pissing off other game players because they think you are a team killer, but you are not, you in fact killed a good online gamin buddy.

Sorry

:oops:
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]
"will everyone stop getting shot!!"

Visit me @
http://www.theBlackness.co.uk

Vir2L™
Ranger

Re: Butts

Post by Vir2L™ » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:23 pm

theBlack wrote:How about a word for bouncing grenades off of window frame, back at you and your sqaud, missing the talk key, and saying "grenade!!!" to late so everybody dies but you.

Oh and pissing off other game players because they think you are a team killer, but you are not, you in fact killed a good online gamin buddy.

Sorry

:oops:
that word would be "DOH!"

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:26 pm

i personally like it **cough NOT cough** when people come into the server (when a buddy is hosting) and they start droppin orders and tellin you to ready up, and the worst is when they are the shitiest player in the room.

I call them "Spaz's"

theBlack
Peon

Yes indeed

Post by theBlack » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:41 am

I hate those people that come into a room and act like they are some sort of expert, you may of been doing the same level for 30mins, you have it down, you know what your plan is. and all they do is TALK...

"you dont want to do that"'
" Crouch, you make less noise" - I know, but there is nobody that can hear me!!!!
"dont go that way"

Blah blah blah.

They end up getting killed, and you carry on.

I have adaopted a new policy, start anything i will will put a double tap in the back of the their head.
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]
"will everyone stop getting shot!!"

Visit me @
http://www.theBlackness.co.uk

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:04 am

ahh yes, we call that "Plan G"

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:23 am

... with the G standing in for Gelding, heh heh heh and the 2x tap works very well indeed.

You're all coming up with great stories I like hearing them I don't feel so alone now.

Coming soon, a ButtSniffer Gallery of Shame....
Tim's ICQ# 256508104

tim_leary
Veteran

THEE OLDE SLUG TRAIL

Post by tim_leary » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:26 am

Now, the person who I was spectating on was looking at 3 others. These 3 died at this doorway. But the person looking wasn't watching their six. This was at the Oil Refinery, which is a big map. I just find this photo rather hilarious. Not a centimeters-close case of butt sniffing exactly but it exemplifies the question WTF ARE YOU DOING, AND WHY?!

P.S. THIS was a hostage rescue and the person being viewed is not using a silenced weapon, D'OH.

P.P.S. my personal phrase for this I submit to the lexicon of RvS - such things shall henceforth be known as THE SLUG TRAIL.
Tim's ICQ# 256508104

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:30 am

I don't see silencers on anyone else... In fact the guy on the left has a DE and an unsilenced MP5.
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.