TK's... why the norm now?

Everything about RvS and its mods.
tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:33 am

Ever notice how small rooms have less TKs in them, like *NONE*?

A room limited to four or five (max) has: better FPS, virtually no TKS or idiotic behavior.
Tim's ICQ# 256508104

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:36 pm

I concur...... small rooms, buddy lists and no afk hosts help prevent TK's.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

BTs_Lee.Harvey

Post by BTs_Lee.Harvey » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:25 am

el_presidente wrote:number one zone for offenders is d_pict's room.

here are some known offenders:

and everyone from "NC*R"

i agree -- john doe gets kicked without comment after being asked once to change his name and he fails to do so by the start of the next round -- and i'm thinking of a new rule myself -- if you show a clan in your name, you will be kicked (not banned of course) -- i'm thinking about that one

this game is rapidly going downhill -- i blame it on the lack of anything new -- which of course is ubi's fault (S-D-K) -- i hope y'all pirated it, for i'd hate to see them get rich off such a short termer

why do you want to kick peeps who are in a clan? Most of the time.. We cant stand TKer's either. Clan member are no diff then the rest of the players.. we just happen to play on regular teams for compition. Banning of clan players will make you alot of enimies real fast on GR... that also means that you would ban monoman if he joined your server.. sence he has a clan in hs name!

The Best way to take care of tkers is to restart the game as soon as they do it.. and kee prestarting the game.. they will soon get tired of doing it.. and also turn the unishment thing on and punish them the next gome.... then ban them if they do it again.

el_presidente
Peon

Post by el_presidente » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:56 pm

actually if you read what i said closely was that i was considering kicking (not banning) a clan member who wouldn't get rid of the clan tag on her name when entering the room -- nothing against clan members, any one could join -- just that they would have to show their bona fides by getting rid of the tag to get in -- again, it was an idea i had bouncing around -- and it worked quite well when i used it -- but the point has been and continues to be moot at this point, as i and others have left the tk zone that is rvs -- but feel free to enjoy it!

i love you ALL as people!
people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be if we didn't think life could improve

Blade
Veteran

Post by Blade » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:00 am

I'm not understanding that.
A clan member is only worthy of playing if they will take their tag off temporarily?

Dark uk
Operative

Post by Dark uk » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:32 pm

I think maybe just what they are getting at is most clans are player v player clans and are more of a run and gun type. Although if a player takes off his tag its showing that he knows the style of game he is about to play and accepts it.

Blade
Veteran

Post by Blade » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:51 am

That makes sense, apart from the presumption...
Ideally we would all have a roster of which clans are rushers and which aren't. :)

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:39 am

The presumption: is it fair or is it just the way the math works out. If it's the math, well, do numbers lie?

In RvS 9 out of 10 tks are by clan members on my server, which blows chunks. Is that because there are 9x more clan players, or maybe clans are more ADV and not schooled in coop or teamwork or effective use of VOX.

Take your pick.

Dark, you're a good coop player, nice 2 see you yest.

Blade
Veteran

Post by Blade » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:22 am

Unfortunately the 1 out of 10 could be of good clans. By a good clan, I mean MP. A mature, skilled clan.

el_presidente
Peon

Post by el_presidente » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:49 pm

yes, i admit that the thought i had might exclude the occassional good players who wouldn't lose her clan tag for the greater good -- but if she really wanted to play on my server -- she could! (until proven a tker, of whom most were clanners)

lets let my idea fade away until ghr2 -- it will be back, i sadly expect
people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be if we didn't think life could improve

Blade.forgotpass

Post by Blade.forgotpass » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:29 am

Alright.
*lets it fade away*