TK's... why the norm now?

Everything about RvS and its mods.
Vir2L™
Ranger

TK's... why the norm now?

Post by Vir2L™ » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:05 pm

Seems to me there are a growing number of morons coming into servers and tkin people for no reason these days. Its gettin quite annoying. I'm just sittin there minding my own business, tryin to get some good games in, than some little schmuck comes in the server and ruins everyones mood.

Why is it that this game draws so many more geeblers than the other Tactical FPS games?

Please be aware if you shoot one of my buddies or me, on purpose, you will have my scope pointed at your head, with a bullet coming not much longer aftward. ?? :( ----) Then you will get kicked and blocked. =)

........... wastes of bandwidth.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:27 am

yea this happened a couple of times on saturday.

on saturday the children changed names upon reaching the server. an alert host will notice this if he's lucky.

NEW POLICY on my server: John Doe's are kicked immediately.

usually, and weirdly enough, these tks happen at or near spawn. which is stupid. a quick restart binded to a function key and its as if it never happened.
Tim's ICQ# 256508104

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:43 pm

tim_leary wrote:usually, and weirdly enough, these tks happen at or near spawn. which is stupid. a quick restart binded to a function key and its as if it never happened.
we had a guy yesterday that actually waited till mid round to intentionally TK Pres or me, and at least three rounds in a row! The first couple of rounds we thought it was accidental, and he would make it almost look that way. "Sorry about TK's, Oops, blah blah blah" but by the fourth round we got the point, he TK'd Pres again, so I hunted him down and killed him.

It was just wierd cause it would always happen about midway to the hostage.

People seem to TK the most when the host is afk.

theBlack
Peon

TK's

Post by theBlack » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:51 pm

One of the reasons I hace Buddy only rooms!!
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]
"will everyone stop getting shot!!"

Visit me @
http://www.theBlackness.co.uk

el_presidente
Peon

Post by el_presidente » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:41 pm

number one zone for offenders is d_pict's room.

here are some known offenders:

and everyone from "NC*R"

i agree -- john doe gets kicked without comment after being asked once to change his name and he fails to do so by the start of the next round -- and i'm thinking of a new rule myself -- if you show a clan in your name, you will be kicked (not banned of course) -- i'm thinking about that one

this game is rapidly going downhill -- i blame it on the lack of anything new -- which of course is ubi's fault (S-D-K) -- i hope y'all pirated it, for i'd hate to see them get rich off such a short termer
people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be if we didn't think life could improve

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:23 pm

Actually I don't think any of the people who pirated the game can play anymore because of the 1.4 patch. They don't have cd crack so they are stuck with single player.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Vir2L™
Ranger

Re: TK's

Post by Vir2L™ » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:27 pm

theBlack wrote:One of the reasons I hace Buddy only rooms!!
Good point, I usually host buddy only or Premium Only rooms too. Not that I host that much becasue its just not worth it when there are more than 3 players (i get horrid framerates).

I usually mix it up though, if i do host, cause really it keeps other good players from joining your room that you might not know. I would rather let people prove themselves first. If they start TKin' than kick 'em and block 'em.
el_presidente wrote:number one zone for offenders is d_pict's room.

here are some known offenders:

127974 - Bong 420 aka Mr.Bong
159478 - [¿]-FSB-[¿]
127170 - Gensam
150855 - the_dude (uses illegal text forum doesnt support)
66769 - KeyserSoze
148998 - TOP|SOT|Mv.Equinox (uses illegal text forum doesnt support)
I put the names of the users that match the account numbers you listed above. I have had problems with a few listed above.

I'm not gonna ban someone until I actually have a bad experience with them, but it doesnt hurt to keep an eye on known offenders.
el_presidente wrote:i agree -- john doe gets kicked without comment after being asked once to change his name and he fails to do so by the start of the next round -- and i'm thinking of a new rule myself -- if you show a clan in your name, you will be kicked (not banned of course) -- i'm thinking about that one
I like the JohnDoe rule about kicking them after you ask to change there name before the round starts.

About the clan thing, thats kinda harsh. I actually like to know what clan players are in so i can see what kinda ship each clan is running. Its pretty lame that there are clans out there that even allow intentional TKing or any blatant disrespect to other individuals in any game room they are in. Some of these TKers are giving there clan a bad name. I hope they realize it, cause the respectable players in their clans are gettin assed out.
el_presidente wrote:this game is rapidly going downhill -- i blame it on the lack of anything new -- which of course is ubi's fault (S-D-K) -- i hope y'all pirated it, for i'd hate to see them get rich off such a short termer
A SDK would definitly help out but i dont think it will slow down the or keep out the 4$$holes that run rampant. Is it ADD or ME ME ME? I still cant figure it out. Probably a mixture of both. lol

sw3D
Operative

Post by sw3D » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:57 pm

Monoman wrote:Actually I don't think any of the people who pirated the game can play anymore because of the 1.4 patch. They don't have cd crack so they are stuck with single player.

not nessecerily mono :wink:

there's something called 'burning' the game CDs or 'mounting virtual cd img' :P did u read the thing i posted in the [01] section?
zomg?! wtf?! lag?! rematch?!

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:02 pm

Stryker, I wasn't taking about cd images but no cd cracks. I know cd images work since that is what I use, but there isn't any 1.4 no cd cracks.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

theBlack
Peon

Post by theBlack » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:51 am

theBlack wrote:One of the reasons I hace Buddy only rooms!!

I am glad you understood my typo hace rather than host.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I thinks its time we had game moderators with an M60's and a stack of claymore mines to keep the kiddies incheck.

:idea:

The Gameranger ladders idea would be good if it was expanded, maybe an overall ranking for good gamin and conduct, then you could see peoples rating, and only allow gamers with good ratings into a game.
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]

Visit me @

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:28 am

theBlack wrote:....... maybe an overall ranking for good gamin and conduct, then you could see peoples rating, and only allow gamers with good ratings into a game.
Now thats a great idea!

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:02 am

That is what I thought the ladders were going to be. Since you guys are Premium you could ask Evill about expanding the ladders to overall instead of 1 vs 1.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

theBlack
Peon

Ladders

Post by theBlack » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:42 am

He would then have to include the option "Ranked" along with Buddies and premium, when you open a room so you can only let in player with a positive rank.
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]

Visit me @

sw3D
Operative

Post by sw3D » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:46 am

Don't you think you guys are taking this TK business a bit too far? So what if people are in clans, does it not give us the right to play RvS coop?

Plus, i've witness quite a few times myself. Someone TKs another person BY ACCIDENT and the host immediately kicks that player out, considering him as an 'offender'. If people TK extensively, then they earn the right to be banned... Well unless it seems very obvious he is TKing on purpose, i think if someone TKs once or twice i guess they can stay and play. You don't have to have a referee everytime with a M60 to guard the damn game, as black said

And the JOHNDOE matter: Sure RvS has been out for.. iduno.. quite a while. But doesn't mean people will stop buying the game. There are new accounts made on Gameranger every week. But don't kick someone cuz he doesn't know how to change name. I agree that u can kick him when he doesn't say nething and shit.. :/ but give him a few moments.. make him change name in options or console :P u get nothing from him, play one round.. study him (that means point ur gun at him right off the start, any sudden movements? BAM)

Don't take this TK buisness too hard guys. RvS is a game, just enjoy it... Worrying about these guys is just same as giving yourself a hard time

Cheers.
zomg?! wtf?! lag?! rematch?!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:00 am

sTryker wrote:Don't you think you guys are taking this TK business a bit too far? So what if people are in clans, does it not give us the right to play RvS coop?

Plus, i've witness quite a few times myself. Someone TKs another person BY ACCIDENT and the host immediately kicks that player out, considering him as an 'offender'. If people TK extensively, then they earn the right to be banned... Well unless it seems very obvious he is TKing on purpose, i think if someone TKs once or twice i guess they can stay and play. You don't have to have a referee everytime with a M60 to guard the damn game, as black said

And the JOHNDOE matter: Sure RvS has been out for.. iduno.. quite a while. But doesn't mean people will stop buying the game. There are new accounts made on Gameranger every week. But don't kick someone cuz he doesn't know how to change name. I agree that u can kick him when he doesn't say nething and shit.. :/ but give him a few moments.. make him change name in options or console :P u get nothing from him, play one round.. study him (that means point ur gun at him right off the start, any sudden movements? BAM)

Don't take this TK buisness too hard guys. RvS is a game, just enjoy it... Worrying about these guys is just same as giving yourself a hard time

Cheers.

that is why a ranking system would work well