Probably being stupid here but?

Everything about RvS and its mods.
Planky

Probably being stupid here but…

Post by Planky » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:41 am

All the downloads here link to www.edgefiles.com, and when I click on them in www.edgefiles.com Safari waits for a while and then says that it cannot open the page.

I have tried Transmit (ftp program) and it says that the server did not respond or hung up!

On the www.edgefiles.com it says that the servers are probably off line.

Help I need new maps to play!

Thanks

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:42 pm

Don't worry about them saying they are offline, they always say that. They are normally always working, although there are times when you click them and you will get nothing. Just wait alittle while then try again.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Planky

Post by Planky » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:35 am

Monoman wrote:Don't worry about them saying they are offline, they always say that. They are normally always working, although there are times when you click them and you will get nothing. Just wait alittle while then try again.
Thanks for replying. But I still cannot get any maps (or any mods) downloaded. I have tried Safari 3.1.1, Firefox 2 and Transmit and all I ever get after a while is the message that the server is taking too long to respond or has hung up.

I have tried several times over the past weeks but to no avail. I go to this web site select downloads, then Raven Shield, then Maps, choose a map, then I am redirected to Edgefiles.com, for example:

http://www.edgefiles.com/file.x?id=/edg ... ck_v2.sitx

Then I click on one of the download links, usually the Broadband Users one and wait, and wait. Then I get the error message!

If I right click as choose save as it prepares for download then just stops.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:26 pm

Hmm, not sure of a fix for you. You are the first to not be able to get anything at any time. I have gotten the timeout message before but I will usually get through alittle later. I'll upload that to Fileplanet and that one should work.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Planky

Post by Planky » Sun May 04, 2008 6:41 am

Monoman wrote:Hmm, not sure of a fix for you. You are the first to not be able to get anything at any time. I have gotten the timeout message before but I will usually get through alittle later. I'll upload that to Fileplanet and that one should work.
Hello Monoman, I asked a friend to download some files and they went OK. So I knew it must be something to do with my set up.

So after much experimenting I found out that Little Snitch was blocking the download request, even though it was supposed to allow all connections from Safari etc. Temporarily switching it off allows me to download!

Thanks
Nigel
Now it's time to Neutralise some terrorists!

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun May 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Ah, thats good you finally got through. 8)

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig