raven shield updated to v. 1.0.2

Everything about RvS and its mods.
el_presidente
Peon

raven shield updated to v. 1.0.2

Post by el_presidente » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:21 am

This patch updates the Mac version of Raven Shield to v1.5.6 which makes it current with the PC version of the game, and allows Raven Shield users to play against people who have installed the Athena Sword expansion (only on the original Raven Shield maps).

http://tc.versiontracker.com/product/re ... nglish.sit
people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be if we didn't think life could improve

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:42 am

Direct Download from GameRanger
Patch 1.0.2

Download from Mac Gaming Mods
Patch 1.0.2

So many choices. :wink:
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:28 pm

Well, gameplay is now smooth as hell for me. The tradeoff of course is the fact that the gunfire sounds are bugged silly. Does anyone else have notice this or is there any other feedback? Overall I'm happy but the sounds are kind of annoying...
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.

raiste

Post by raiste » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:06 pm

I just bought Rainbow Six, and I see that there are two updates, one that brings it up to the PC 1.4.1 version and this latest one.

Do I need to install both updates or will the latest one patch it all?

Also, does the latest patch just add the multiplayer compatibility or was there more to it? I ask this because I have read that it breaks the ability to use a disk image, and I like this ability. So if the update didn't fix anything, I may or may not want to install it.

Thanks.

sw3D
Operative

Post by sw3D » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:21 pm

install them according to the patch number..

install the 1.4.1, and then install the latest one after that
zomg?! wtf?! lag?! rematch?!

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:31 pm

Yes, you want to do the patches in order, 1.0.1(1.4.1) then 1.0.2(1.5.6). If you like playing with a disc image then don't update, but you will not be able to join any game where the host has updated to 1.0.2. Also, I'm not sure if GameRanger has made the patch mandatory to host and join rooms.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

el_presidente
Peon

Post by el_presidente » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:00 am

i have uploaded a no-cd version of 1.0.2 onto my idisk. username: brettduxbury
people think all we do is lie around and think of how rich we'd be if we didn't think life could improve

sw3D
Operative

Post by sw3D » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:42 pm

el_presidente wrote:i have uploaded a no-cd version of 1.0.2 onto my idisk. username: brettduxbury
heh u got that straight off mTKA huh?

awaiting athena sword crack/no-cd :(
zomg?! wtf?! lag?! rematch?!

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:46 pm

el_presidente wrote:i have uploaded a no-cd version of 1.0.2 onto my idisk. username: brettduxbury
Well i copied the stuffit file over and for some reason my stuffit expander application just isnt working in general now :( . I've found that my CD drive for some reason freezes the entire computer if i have a disk in for too long so I put in the RvS disk to start up the game and then just take it out once I get to the menu. Works just as well and saves me the space of a disk image.
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.

raiste

Post by raiste » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:25 pm

Thanks. I just downloaded it.

So do I just use this instead of the regular 1.0.2 updater? Luckily, I haven't used the regular one yet.

el_presidente
Peon

Post by el_presidente » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:24 pm

i ain't sayin too much -- just for those folks mactka-less-fortunate folk -- didn't mean to imply i did it -- the level of this obfuscational language is intentional -- but if i didn't have it, i woulda wished someone else posted the same info and let me figger it out -- if anyone else wants to just plain out host it be my guest -- again, i didn't make it, it's just an informational post -- not even a link!