VW 1.2

Everything about RvS and its mods.
pixeldaddy

Post by pixeldaddy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:51 am

Wicked! i'l be trying that out tonight. Thanks :D

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:31 pm

A couple of notes about the public alpha.

- Masario (creator of the MASP mod) left the team a while before the alpha was released, his contributions to the UG mod were removed so in this release you will not see his MASP weapons, the finished G36C, the LR3000 (though this will come later), and the Kimber Custom II.
- The UCP and 1911 look and sound the same as the Mk.23, this is because the models have not been added yet (hence the Alpha status), the binoculars also look like a heartbeat sensor, same deal, model is coming.
- The laser and taclight is a hit or miss kind of deal, this meaning some people get them to work, some people don't.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.

Swf-Eddi

Post by Swf-Eddi » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:01 pm

- The laser and taclight is a hit or miss kind of deal, this meaning some people get them to work, some people don't.

Mod runs fine for me too ,apart from lack of laser and taclight which show up on kit in multiplayer mode and yet when i go into kit restriction in game they dissapear,very annoying as the laser was one bit i wanted to try out,i f any one out there got it to work for mac i would like to know, i cant wait to try v1.4 if and when it gets made i hope it will work 100% . Also does anyone out there know how to make the game boot up from the beginning into this mod as i am having to get people to join via ip and id rather use Gameranger.Another thing ive seen and i dont know if it has been reported that when u use the ingame chat a message comes up on screen about chat spamming and chat has been disabled for 0.000 secs any clues on how to stop this,thnx,colin. :)

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:52 pm

I'm pretty sure the laser and taclight just don't work period. I was really disappointed too... they work in 3rd person but are extremely buggy in 1st person.
The gameranger thing is a good point i hadn't thought of that. Because the coders working on the project are PC people I don't think they could draw up a Mac launcher-type deal. I imagine you could change a .ini file and get the mod to launch with the game but that'd throw up all kinds of red flags for cheating...

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:20 am

Swf-Eddi wrote: Also does anyone out there know how to make the game boot up from the beginning into this mod as i am having to get people to join via ip and id rather use Gameranger.Another thing ive seen and i dont know if it has been reported that when u use the ingame chat a message comes up on screen about chat spamming and chat has been disabled for 0.000 secs any clues on how to stop this,thnx,colin. :)
I'm sure it might be possible for someone to create a launcher for the mod. But as far as being able to host a room on gameranger with the mod activated, I don't think it would be possible. The mod would need the launcher as well as the support from gameranger (like Athena Sword works), kinda like a seperate game when hosted on GR. I would think that would never happen...... IP join is probably your best bet.

As far as ediing/adjusting the Chat spam threshold... you'll need to access your server ini files (in the Raven Shield system folder) and edit the line SpamThreshold=30.000000 to your desired number. Changing it to SpamThreshold=0.000000 will disable the chat spam filter. You'll notice a few other lines in the ini file that you can adjust accordingly. But remember, if you have made several maplists, you'll have to change the threshold in every ini file.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

Swf-Eddi

Post by Swf-Eddi » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:10 am

Hi vir i sorted out the prob with help from monoman he also showed me how to make the mod work with iGuard and that is all working fine, going back to this launcher prob if buddies had the same launcher mod surely it would work on GR, id just have to set the room to buddies only then there would be no conflict,can monoman build a launcher?Id happily test it for him if he could do it. Any ideas as to when the final working version of this with extras working and models all correct will be released,as i would love to try it,as this so far is very good. 8)

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:52 am

Awesome.

I don't know if Monoman can build a launcher or not....... I'm sure he has the scripting know-how. If he can't maybe we can get some help from someone at Macologist.org. They build launchers for Battlefield 1942 mods.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:41 pm

I worked on this last night and was able to get GR to startup in the mod with the updated version number. The problem was GR would never show me ingame even when I was running around on a map.

Instead I have a launcher that allows you to select what mod you want to play and starts the game up in that mod. This is without GR and would be a IP join game.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:55 pm

Swf-Eddi wrote:Any ideas as to when the final working version of this with extras working and models all correct will be released,as i would love to try it,as this so far is very good. 8)
Word from the coders working on the project is, "its done when its done."
But more content is coming so expect more goodies by the time of the final release.

To try and streamline the process bugs can be posted here:
http://www.unfinished-games.com/forum_viewforum.php?10

Swf-Eddi

Post by Swf-Eddi » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:08 pm

Monoman wrote:I have a launcher that allows you to select what mod you want to play and starts the game up in that mod. This is without GR and would be a IP join game.
Hi any chance of trying that launcher mon (the man),We gottta get evill to sort this out for GR, i cant keep hosting ip only games it gets a bit dull with just text chat and some people cant be bothered to d/l Team Speex....Is this the revamped thing i saw u trying,if so ur quick off the mark,send to my email or put a link up for us to try,thnx Eddi. :D

vadimnk(UG.com)

Post by vadimnk(UG.com) » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:47 pm

How are you guys doing, :).

I was routed here by one of my beta testers for the Mac version of the mod, TrueLT=EllTee?

Well I've been messing around apple script and with bash a bit when I was working on couple projects at work.... I have a powerbook g4 at work at my possetion right now (even thou I'm a sole winders user, lol) I will try installing Raven Shield on it and hopefully getting a mod starter up and running....

Now I hope it works the same way like it does for pc... all I have to do in PC is create a shortcut linking to RavenShield.exe with the parameter of mod=UG.. "C:\RavenShield\System\ravenshield.exe mod=UG" maybe it can be done very similary for mac...

I will try to look into this, but I cannot promise all my effort, because of other distractions in my life... job... car.... snowboarding... lol, oh yeah school...

Thanks for using my mod!

vadimnk(UG.com)

Post by vadimnk(UG.com) » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:54 pm

Man after reading the 4 pages of the forums I must say, sorry guys that it took us, me, sooooooooooooooooooo darn long to get the alpha out! Man if I knew so many people were waiting for it I would put more effort into it..

Sorry guys for all the delays!

vadimnk(UG.com)

Post by vadimnk(UG.com) » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:01 pm

Man if I might as well register if gonna be posting so much... lol

About the tac lights and laser sights....

Here is what I found to fix them if they are not working...

When you take out your MK23 with tac light and you activate it and it's on the ground below you or similar... just change to the next pearson and take out the MK23 pistol with the tac light and try turning it on, if it doesn't turn on switch back to the previous player and take out the secondary, MK23 + Tacligh, and turn it on.

This usualy makes it work for me, but who knows, nothing in this game seems consistent... lol

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:21 pm

Welcome vadimnk,

Don't worry about the mod activator I got that covered. I have it coded up and ready for release.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Swf-Eddi

Post by Swf-Eddi » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:57 am

Hi mon that launcher you asked me to try does not work,it gives me this error message: sh:line 1:/Applications/rainbowsix -Ravenshield/Ravenshield.app/Contents/macos/Ravenshield:No such file or directory . Is this telling me its looking for RVS using this file path if so thats not where my rvs is,other people might not have it in their apps folder too.Also when i try to have a second go it completely removes the ug mod off the list. ?? . Whats up here,i await your reply. :(