Problems Hosting after DL'ing new maps

Everything about RvS and its mods.
|AK|*Deora*

Problems Hosting after DL'ing new maps

Post by |AK|*Deora* » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:54 am

Hey, I recently DL'ed H2 Oppression, Valley of the Kings, Deadwater and Fortified, and now, when I goto host, I get stuck on "Waiting for server". Prior to DL'ing these maps, I was able to host no problem! Can you give me some insight on what might be happening!? Sincerely, -|AK|*Deora*

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:51 am

I will assume you are running iGuard, which is probably the reason for the problem. The stock iGuard.ini file found in your "system" folder does not include the new maps. The iGuard Master List has been updated to include the new maps. You can download the updated list here.

Now if none of that applies to you. Can you play the maps if you join someone elses game? Also, post your RavenShield.log file after one of the crashes.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

:FtD:dsmat

Post by :FtD:dsmat » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:00 pm

hi i have the problem than deora :shock:
i have install iguard and the same map but when i uninstall them nothing change, i can't host and play! :(

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:19 am

dsmat,
The problem is once you get banned from your own server and you remove the files you are still banned. You need to removed the banned info from your iGuard files.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig