PC Version of Lockdown Demo availible

Everything about RvS and its mods.
Taunide

PC Version of Lockdown Demo availible

Post by Taunide » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:32 am

I will test it tonight and tell you about it

Taunide

Post by Taunide » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:15 am

OK played it yesterday and my feelings are somewhat mixed. Graphics are nice and the "supervision" (kind of a heartbeat sensor) is really nice. When you play a mission you cannot assign your teammates yourself, and you cannot switch between them, making the laying much less strategically. With just two assault rifles a few MPs three shotguns and i think two MGs the choice of armament ist a little limited. Hope that will change with the full version. Tango AI is a joke..
Your Team acts more self-responsible than in RVS but sometimes you are simply not happy with their deceisions. After a while i simply holded them at the start position. Maybe I need to learn to command them properly. Nice is that they shout at you if you are exposing yourself to much.

I just formatted my PC so I haven't tweaked my mouse sensitivity properly and some other stuff is not finished yet and so the following statement must be read cautiously.. The game felt sluggish. Not that the graphics were sluggish, the were really fine, even with everything maxed out, but the responsiveness wasn't as expected.

The Online community is rather small ATM and most of the servers are password-protected, best ping I got was at about 250 and so playing wasn't too good.

I am missing some Features (or haven't discovered them yet) like Map, like switch Charakter, like all the planning stuff.

In the Demo you get one mission with 4 consecutive Maps, which is quite nice when you play, because it saves the progress after each map. on the other hand loading each map segment takes forever.

The HUD need definately getting used to, actually i haven't figured out everything.

A nice thing are the nades.. you get a "throwing arch" like in Splinter cell, aiming is really nice.

Well thats it for now. If something else comes up I will post it here. But questions and comments are welcome

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:09 am

Everyone is saying the AI is terrible. Alot of people are also hoping for more mod support than in RvS. I'm doubting it.

I'll have to download the demo this weekend and try it.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Pee yiye

Post by Pee yiye » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:16 pm

I've heard that as far as the speed and style of combat is concerned, R64 is more Rogue than Raven. . .which is a step in the right direction.

Taunide

Post by Taunide » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:12 pm

I have it, and I don't play it.. it feels wrong in a way.. i got back to RVS and thats the best for me...