IronWrath Weapons Only for RvS 1.56

Everything about RvS and its mods.
vadimnk

Post by vadimnk » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:02 pm

Vir2L™ wrote:O.K. Now I'm just frustrated.

Can anyone explain to me why the hell the Raven Shield update that says it updates RvS to 1.5.6, but when we actually open the game up it says 1.5.7, and when we use GamerAnger it's version 1.5.8.

What a headache!!!! No lol here.
Thats why I use a windows box, games work better.. lol
@Vadim: You are just dropping the IronWrathWeaps and IronWrathWeaps.mod in the mod folder, correct? Is Athena Sword installed on your brother computer too?
Yes, I put the IronWrathWeaps and IronWrathWeaps.mod into the RavenShield:Mods folder. Nope no Athena Sword, don't even know why it would be relevent...
Where is your brothers Raven Shield app installed? when you open it does it say version 1.5.7?
I installed the game to Applications.... well I though it would be in Macintosh HD:Applications, instead it was in User's applications folder.
lotsa questions need answers if we are gonna ever get this thing to work, on more than one machine.
:wink:

lol trying...
Vadim (CovertShot)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Unfinished-Games.com Developer
Author of Ordnance Project

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:28 pm

There has to be something different about your brothers Raven Shield, or the version of the mod that is on his box. Cause it just doesnt make sense that it doesnt run on any of our boxes. If it runs on one mac, it should work on any.

What OS version is on your brother powerbook? 10.4.5?

What version does it say it is when you open Raven Shield up on your brothers computer?

Are you able to activate the mod without the computer crashing? If so, are you able to select the IW weapons in-game?
Monoman wrote:I think the reason GameRanger uses 1.5.8 is it was one of Evill's ways of stopping IP joining. Since you could only be in 1.5.8 if you were playing in GR. Although I know of ways around that but that doesn't matter. :wink:
Yeah, I knew that, I'm more confused by the whole 1.5.6 update actually making it 1.5.7 issue.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

vadimnk

Post by vadimnk » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:49 pm

Vir2L™ wrote:There has to be something different about your brothers Raven Shield, or the version of the mod that is on his box. Cause it just doesnt make sense that it doesnt run on any of our boxes. If it runs on one mac, it should work on any.

What OS version is on your brother powerbook? 10.4.5?

What version does it say it is when you open Raven Shield up on your brothers computer?

Are you able to activate the mod without the computer crashing? If so, are you able to select the IW weapons in-game?
It's a 10.3.9 I believe.

When I run the game it says 1.57

Yes, it activates the mod without any problems, and I was able to select PDW7 and Glock 17 without problem, didn't test any other weapons but should be the same for all weapons.
Vadim (CovertShot)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:59 pm

K, the issue might involve the different OS's.

10.3 and 10.4 have quite a few differences, but I woulda thought 10.4 should be able to handle anything 10.3 can.

We'll have to find someone else that is running 10.3 so we can test.

Also, I'm gonna do a fresh install of RvS and see if that helps.

For future reference, my computer specs are:

1.9GhZ G5 PPC
OSX 10.4.5
1.5GB's of RAM
128 MB Radeon video card

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:14 pm

Well....... after a fresh install of RvS, the IW weapons mod now activates w/out crashing.

But I'm now crashing when loading a MP game, it starts loading a map, then it crashes to desktop. Both in adversarial and Coop gamemodes. Seems to work fine in SP campaign mode.

**edit

UHG.... I give up, now its crashing upon activation again.

It was working in SP campaign. I started up the mission, saw it worked, than selected to exit to the main menu of Raven Shield and it crashed. Now whenever I try and activate the mod the game crashes again.

I'm back at square 1.

vadimnk

Post by vadimnk » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:58 pm

Vir2L™ wrote:Well....... after a fresh install of RvS, the IW weapons mod now activates w/out crashing.

But I'm now crashing when loading a MP game, it starts loading a map, then it crashes to desktop. Both in adversarial and Coop gamemodes. Seems to work fine in SP campaign mode.

**edit

UHG.... I give up, now its crashing upon activation again.

It was working in SP campaign. I started up the mission, saw it worked, than selected to exit to the main menu of Raven Shield and it crashed. Now whenever I try and activate the mod the game crashes again.

I'm back at square 1.
Um I don't know how it will react to MP play lol

Weird stuff... lol
Vadim (CovertShot)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Taunide

Post by Taunide » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:33 am

I am on 10.3.5 and cannot update until our admin does it.. But wait.. i have a second partition.. with 10.4.5 will try later

TrueLT
Peon

Post by TrueLT » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:44 pm

Was any more ground gained on this conversion or is it at a halt now? I get the CTD too I can't figure out why...
The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main assault.

vadimnk

Post by vadimnk » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:25 am

Well I can't do much on my side lol... it works for me lol... weird stuff. But if fellow mac users have a good idea to why it might be doing that i'd be greatfull.
Vadim (CovertShot)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Mental Man

Post by Mental Man » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:32 pm

Needless to say I am very confused by all this, so simply put, I've got a mac, I am running what I believe is RB6 1.5.8, I want Iron Wrath and i don't have a PC. None of the weapons links are working, what do I do?

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:41 pm

I can post up a new link to the weapons but the weapons don't work for most people. For the few people they did work it was only for a limited time.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

vadimnk

Post by vadimnk » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:26 am

Vadim (CovertShot)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

h4ppytr33

Post by h4ppytr33 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:50 pm

After editing the .mod file in the mod I believe the problem is solved. Haven't been able to get ahold of vadim for awhile so I found some lame scrubby filesite to host it on.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/fba5da/ - the site blows btw but it's free. (host if you like i dont care)

Just replace the the original IronWrathWeaps.mod file with this one.
atleast that's how it started working for me.
I'll continue to work on this later, attempting to bring the entire free Iron Wrath Mod to mac users.(sort of a let down, not really an impressive mod, but still good I guess)
Only problem I had was getting the sounds for guns to work. That was fixed by doing what vadim said. By copying the sounds in the mod's sound folder into the sounds folder of the full game.

Oh, and me being the retard that I am, I clicked on one of 'Matt1160939795's 'homepage' links. hope I didn't get a virus from that fgt or anything.

:(

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:46 am

I'll check it out tonight. I'll add it to the site with the mod if it works.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:50 am

I had to take out the ServerPackages=MP2Game line from the file you posted. It keep crashing like it always did until I did. I didn't notice alot of new guns. Maybe 2. 8)

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig