(Daft Question?) Can Mac users play on PC based CoD2 servers

Everything about CoD, CoD 2, and their mods.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

(Daft Question?) Can Mac users play on PC based CoD2 servers

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:11 am

I am in a UK based gaming clan...

(Disclaimer: this ISN'T a recruiting post or anything - but a honest question!)

One of our primary games is CoD2 - we currently have two servers ~ so I was over-the-moon (as a Mac user with a PC games machine) when I found out that CoD2 was available for the Mac too!

:D Whhhhoooo - hoooooo!

In principal, this *may* mean I can play along-side my old Mac mates again!

Or does it?

Can my Mac friends join our PC servers? Or are there 'version issues' or anything?

Hope you can help out. Big ta.

(I won't mention our server IPs UNLESS asked - as, again, this ISN"T a cunning way of advertising out servers. It's a genuine question...LOL - honest! But if anyone wants the IPs so they can check, I'll post them up!)

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:29 am

No problems joining either way, PC->Mac or Mac->PC. As long as the versions match. So you will need the latest patch for the Mac to match the PC version.

I don't care if you post the IPs. Advertise away.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:04 am

:D

Many thanks Monoman.

I'd really like to say that our clan servers are 'Mac Gamer Friendly' - as a Mac user myself I'd like to try and help other Mac users.

So I will purchase a copy of CoD2 for Mac and give it a try!

In the meantime, thanks about the 'advertising'! LOL

We have just put two CoD2 servers up to test setups and what-nots - but they are there and I'd love it if any of the Mac guys can get across and give me some feedback on them...

These are early days, so we would appreciate as much feed-back as we can get to make these super-great places to come and relax and have an enjoyable game.

SERVER 1: 16 man - 194.105.134.22:29960

SERVER 2: 20 man - 217.146.93.75:29000

- - If you want to come along OR if you do pop in and have ANY problems, please feel free to email me at: carrion@rustyinplaces.co.uk

I'd be more than happy to listen to your suggestion, we are hoping to make these servers a fun place for people to come, and we are more than willing to take your advice on what game-modes you'd like to see.

:)

BR

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:23 am

too run n gun for my tastes.

I suggest adding a realism mod like AWE or WRM as well as having ADMINs there schooling the run-n-gunners so you guys can create a more visually realistic and team oriented atmosphere instead of everyone running everywhere with no care or regard for their life or their team-mates.

One example is I saw a player from the other team bunny hop to our flag and bunny hop away without being shot. This type of play is frowned upon on our CoD:UO server, as well as most tactical servers. Teamwork is what it should be all about.

Here are some examples of servers I prefer.

TacticalGamer.com - 70.87.55.27:28960
509th Tactical - 69.65.15.29:28960, 65.69.15.160:28960
BdG Tactical - 209.11.247.42:28966

My .02¢. Can I have it back?
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:26 pm

Hi Vir2L...

Thank you very much for a really constructive and interesting reply.

...I am just telling the guys in my clan about it (we are just talking about what direction to take the CoD2 server now).

- - We've just had a session in our 20 man server playing CTF, and you are spot on, it was loads of bunny hopping and flag camping.

Thank you also for the server recommendations - I'm posting you full comments in our clan forums (hope you don't mind), and we will send some scouts out to visit these server.

:)

Cheers!

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:00 pm

No problem ranger!

I'll keep checking your server on a regular basis, every now and then i don't mind a little chaos to get my blood pumping.

P.S. - I'm glad you didn't take my post as a blast at your server, just trying to spread some tactical love around. =D
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:03 am

Vir2L™ wrote:No problem ranger!

I'll keep checking your server on a regular basis, every now and then i don't mind a little chaos to get my blood pumping.

P.S. - I'm glad you didn't take my post as a blast at your server, just trying to spread some tactical love around. =D
Vir2L...

I appreciate any feedback I can get! :)

Now I have some good news and some bad news - LOL

The good news is that we finally got our better server to show up when you search in the CoD:2 multiplayer searchy bit! :)

It comes up as [RIP]Rusty in Places (at the moment we have a 16 man and a 20 man - it's the 20 man that's been causing us problems)...

Now the bad news - our clan's Ventilo is set to the GSM 6.10 codec - which means Mac peeps can access our server (if they sign up with us) BUT they cannot hear or speak! :(

- I have made a plea that we have our VENT changed to the Mac friendly Speex codec. So fingers crossed.

- - I would be over the moon to meet up with you Vir2L or any of the other Mac guys on our servers. Contact me if you want to arrange a meet - be nice if we had a few Mac guys together for a mini-scrim! :)

-----

PS -

Our first mini-scrim is being held soon. Just to pander to the populous it will be a rifles/sniper only affair...But a realism mod scrim is next on my agenda!

Here's our internal clan advert for it - for no other reason than to add a splash of colour to this thread! LOL ;)