Installing the mods

Everything about CoD, CoD 2, and their mods.
Pablo R us

Installing the mods

Post by Pablo R us » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:22 am

how would you install the mods of COD 2 on a mac? every time i put it into that main folder and i get into the game. it crashes after i load the level. if im lucky it might last longer. how are you ment to properly install the mods? ?? :( ?? :( ?? :(
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255.5 character limit

XD

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installing the mods

Post by Monoman » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:29 am

They just need to be placed into your main folder. There is a limit to the number of maps and mods you can have installed at one time.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Pablo R us

Post by Pablo R us » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:53 pm

i put 1 mod into the main folder and i go through a little bit and it crashes! also do you have to convert it from windows or something like what you do with halo mods? one of the mods i have is called the Bloodlust beta8 or something like that. most of the mods i got can be found at:
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods ... 2/mod.html

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:38 pm

There is a final version of that mod out. I would try that and see if that fixes your crashes. Also mod is single player, incase you were trying to play it on multiplayer. I haven't seen any mods that needed to be converted. Normally just a need to drag and drop to install and play. Check the Call of Duty 2 log or even the console log to see what is causing the crash.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Pablo not logged in

Post by Pablo not logged in » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:59 am

yeah i tried getting the final version. it still crashed. all my multiplayer mods work fine except the one called Call of duty 2: world at war. that goes in multiplayer and it says .iwd something file mismatch or something. This seems to happen with all my singleplayer mods. i tried heaps of mods and they all crash after a while. some dont even load. EVERY SINGLE multiplayer map and mod work.
could someone else try this mod to see if its not just my Call of duty 2?

PS: i reinstalled my COD2 and it still didn't work

Urded

Post by Urded » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:42 am

I might have an answer for this even tho its an old post and I'm not a mac user. I was here looking for answers for one of my sites members who is a mac user.
In the pc versions of multiplayer mods in Call of Duty , UO , and COD 2 more than one mod in the main folder can cause that type of an error like "ammo mismatch" or "unpure client detected" and they will for sure mess with single player mods. Any multiplayer mods I have made for the early COD series were always in their own folder inside the Call of Duty folder not the main folder. This is the preferred way to install them to prevent conflicts. But single player mods would still be installed in the main folder. Hope this helps.

COD mods and more

http://www.urdedgamers.com