Rise of Nations WWII Mods

Any game without its own board.
saberian

Rise of Nations WWII Mods

Post by saberian » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:50 am

So i noticed that this forums was setup for Mac gaming and mods for those games. Well it's been a while since I have done anything game wise for the Mac gaming community but lately I got a wild hair up my ass to start throwing some stuff together. So I am starting small at this time and created a compilation of great single player WWII mods for the rockin' game Rise of Nations. As I would love to provide them for download on the Mac Gaming Mods website, I just do not know how to do that at this time, but maybe someone will clue my punk ass in and tell me how to do that or weather or not they are even interested in some fun mods for Rise of Nations for Mac. Either way, a few of these mods I actually had to rewrite to work on the Mac. I only spent the time on them as they were fun as hell to play, so I figured I would share them with the Mac community, and created installers for each of the mods to make it nice and easy for anyone to install without having to open a ton of files.

So for now I have them for download on my dotmac / mobileme acct and please feel free to download them and have fun. If you want to play some new mods for Rise of Nations and you are a fan of WWII scenarios then you will like these. Let me just say this: I did NOT create these mods. I just ported them for use with Macintosh gaming. If anyone remembers me from the GameRanger days they know that I have always been about Mac gaming. And still am. So here is the link:

http://public.me.com/sabre3000
name of zip file: Rise Of Nations WWII mods.zip

scenario's included:
Afrika Korps Campaigns
Battle for Cairo (El Alamein)
Battle of the Bulge
Blitzkrieg Campaigns
Generals/ WWII
Normandy Campaign
Red Front (Rise of Nations Mod)
Stalingrad campaigns 2and3
U-boats Wolves of the Atlantic
World Wars

Yes, each one of these scenarios has it's own installer, so that way you are not forced to install all of them at the same time. Just make sure that your Rise of Nations application is in your "Applications" folder. Other then that it's nice and easy. Please read the instructions. It should answer any questions you have. And yes I will be throwing some more together that are somewhat theme based from the PC sites that I find. Anyway, rock on, and let me know what ya think or themes you want me to find and put together.

Saberian ((Methods of Destruction) MOD Jan 2003)
MoD Lives on.........
(Methods of Destruction)

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rise of Nations WWII Mods

Post by Monoman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:28 am

I wondered if it was you when I saw a saberian registered on the forum. I was expecting something in the Ghost Recon section. I don't know what type of mods are out for RoN. How would you classify these RoN mods? Would these be listed as scenarios or maps? Are there even different types? For example, GhR had total conversions, maps, weapons, etc.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

saberian

Post by saberian » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:40 pm

Long time no see Monoman These are all single player campains for RoN. All scripted mods for the game are reinactments of famous battles of WWII via Rise of Nations. With dialogues, sound mods, and some graphical changes. These PC guys most definitely took some time in the reinactments of these battles.

I have not really played Ghost Recon since 2007. Sad to say I just do not have the time to mess around with the 1st person shooters anymore, although maybe one day I will poke my head back into those games, but for now I am putting a little focus onto other strategy games for the Mac. I take it you are still playing Ghost Recon / Ravenshield?

Saberian
MoD Lives on.........
(Methods of Destruction)

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:39 pm

I play RoN! Personally I like the games where you have your own island and can't colonize for the first few minutes.

saberian

Post by saberian » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:08 pm

rock on. I will see if I can find some good island scenario's for ya. Give me a few weeks and I'll see what I can do :)

Saberian
MoD Lives on.........
(Methods of Destruction)

saberian

Post by saberian » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:40 pm

Ok, added another compilation of scenario's that are all island based. I think the ones that you are referring to are based off of multiplayer games. But for single player games here are a few to chew on.

http://public.me.com/sabre3000

I will be adding more soon. i think my next try will be some multiplayer maps, then from there I am going to try some complete single player scenarios.

Saberian
MoD Lives on.........
(Methods of Destruction)

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:42 pm

I will put them under scenarios. Are the first ones for SP or MP?

I haven't played Ghost Recon or Raven Shield for a long time now.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

saberian

Post by saberian » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:44 pm

Sorry I should emphasize more on what I am doing here heh.

There are maps that are brought over, also scenario's that actually have a followed plot, and there are campaigns. The first set was scenarios and a compilation of maps. the island campaigns are basically the same. The multiplayer games are basically maps. After some multiplayer maps I think I am going to go full out into campaigns.

Both packs I have created are all single player campaigns. But the next one I release will be focused on multiplayer :)

Saberian

Good to see ya still kicking around Monoman btw :)
MoD Lives on.........
(Methods of Destruction)

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Ok, I think I got everything in order now. Scenarios/campaigns are SP and maps are MP.

Island Battles
WWII Mods

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Woah o_O Awesome! Thanks.