Old school game

Any game without its own board.
Dirk Gently
Commando

Old school game

Post by Dirk Gently » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Almost nobody here probably remembers this, I believe monoman does but otherwise who else remembers playing "bolo"? I am making a map editor for it and I am curious to see who else used to play this game, there are two new ports out, NuBolo and Xbolo. I like Nubolo better because it preserves the original feel of the game, but all my maps do not work in it so I am using xbolo right now for testing. Anyone at all remember this game or is this crowd much too young?

kiddten
Commando

Re: Old school game

Post by kiddten » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:24 pm

wikipedia wrote:Bolo is a video game created for the BBC Micro computer by Stuart Cheshire in 1987, and later ported to the Macintosh in its most popular incarnation. Most recently a Windows clone named Winbolo was developed by John Morrison. Cheshire's Bolo is a networked multiplayer game that simulates a tank battlefield. It is thus a very early example of a real-time tactics game. While the graphics are primitive compared to modern video games, Bolo and its derivatives retain a certain amount of popularity.
is this it?
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:26 pm

yes.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:07 pm

I remember this I think. Did it have a tank from a top view as its icon??
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:46 pm

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:02 am

I remember well my boy, T'was the late 40's and the concept of having the queen on our money was just becoming widely accepted. Although there was still quite a few mods against us joining the common wealth. T'was a cold morn' t'was half way done the month of june. I sat at My iMac, Prehistoric piece of machinery now I do say. I loaded this here application named itself bolo. I played her from some what 10minutes. Got confused began yelling. The old wife walks in and told me to calm down. I smack her and send her straight back to where she does belong. The kitchen Here Here.

(Note: All of which you have read is not true and I would like to take the opportunity to give a shout out to my home boy Root and that there Collective modding can I get an Amen.)
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:03 am

AMEN!