Re: StarCraft 2

Post by Mota-Lev » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:24 pm

I think you need to be picked.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:53 am

Go to the Battle.net site, sign up/register. Opt-in to the games you want to try to be picked for (currently, D3, SC2, and WoW stuff). You have to download a program that will automatically get all your computer's diagnostics and hardware info, and will link them automatically to your Bnet account. That will let them know if you are capable of even attempting to test the software. Then, hope you get lucky and be patient as they roll out waves of Beta keys. I will probably not be picked because of my poor computer's hardware requirements, but any of the newer Macs should be fine. Blizzard is awesome, they are going for Mac and Windows at the same time with the same intent and quality. I just wish they could have released a StarEdit Carbon version.

Zanghfei
Ranger

Post by Zanghfei » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:26 am

draconic74 wrote:Go to the Battle.net site, sign up/register. Opt-in to the games you want to try to be picked for (currently, D3, SC2, and WoW stuff). You have to download a program that will automatically get all your computer's diagnostics and hardware info, and will link them automatically to your Bnet account. That will let them know if you are capable of even attempting to test the software. Then, hope you get lucky and be patient as they roll out waves of Beta keys. I will probably not be picked because of my poor computer's hardware requirements, but any of the newer Macs should be fine. Blizzard is awesome, they are going for Mac and Windows at the same time with the same intent and quality. I just wish they could have released a StarEdit Carbon version.
Sound good. I just play a trial form WoW is kinda bored and Is very look like runescape....

-but any of the newer Macs should be fine. Blizzard is awesome
Does wotk in 10.4.11?

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Hmm.. Good question. I didnt even consider the OS requirement.

EDIT: Just did major research into the Mac Beta requirements. The verdict? It isnt even OUT yet! Blizzard had announced that the Mac Beta would be going out in April, so the past couple of Beta-Key Waves have passed us by completely. Other problems though... The min requirements translated to Mac are at least this:

1.5-2.5 Ghz (somewhere between there, I think)
1-2 GB RAM (piece of cake for all recent Macs, and even older ones)
Freakin awesome graphics card (I dont know the models and stuff well, but GeForce and Radeon are mentioned)
4 GB Hard Drive space

Last is the biggest problem for me, as well as the graphics card. Any Mac made in the last year should be completely up to the task, though. The last question is of OS. Will it be 10.5/6, or just (please no...) 10.6? Best case scenario, it will be useable by 10.4 through 10.6. If so, I can grab my parent's extra computer.