Doukutsu

Any game without its own board.
Kayar
Delta Force

Doukutsu

Post by Kayar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Maybe people have already seen this, it's somewhat old, but I only just discovered it. I was aware of its existence, but I had no idea it was free.

http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/downloads_1.php

Discuss.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Doukutsu

Post by nil » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:59 pm

One of the best games ever. I played three re-runs of it (you won't do everything right the first time you play through it unless you cheat).
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:53 pm

[spoiler]

I've played through it twice now, first time not knowing what I was doing just going through and not finding any of the secret stuff, second time through I looked up how to do it (if I hadn't I probably would've talked to Booster every time) then got completely stuck in hell, barely made it to Ballos. I'm so terrible at using the booster 2.0, not to mention avoiding the falling rocks and all, that in the end I looked up how to modify the save file, gave myself a crapload more health, and beat it that way. I still feel greatly disappointed in myself, but ah well, it was worth it to get the full ending.

[/spoiler]

(it would be good if we actually had a spoiler code...)
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
MGM Sig

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:59 am

/me does not read kayar's spoiler post

just got the game! looks nice! just got to grasstown. <.< but, dammit! i don't have time for this!!! >_<
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:02 am

[spoiler]
Kayar, did you obtain and remember to use the pot?
[/spoiler]

@Taxi
The game isn't very long. The first time you play it, it should only take a day or two.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:55 pm

nil wrote:[spoiler]
Kayar, did you obtain and remember to use the pot?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
The life pot? Yeah, I had already used that for the three bosses beforehand, otherwise it's possible I could've used that and beaten hell with it. I did keep my save file from before the three bosses, so I could go back and beat them without the pot. Might end up doing that actually.
[/spoiler]
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:28 pm

[spoiler]
@Kayar: It's hard but after a while it gets easier if you keep trying. The hardest part besides ballos is passing those falling rocks. But after you pass that part, you have enough time to get all of your health back. I can now beat hell + ballos now without using the pot. Also, make sure you go to the secret room before Ballos to get awards.
[/spoiler]

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:26 pm

[spoiler]
I did it! I beat Hell and Ballos, after I went back and beat the three bosses beforehand without using the life pot. It took me 15 mins though... >.< Ah well. Was quite fun and worth it, definitely felt better than when I cheated the first time.

Also, been listening to the remix album. Awesome stuff. I have "Never Die" stuck in my head right now. Or, rather, a mix of that and the original version... which is interesting...

[/spoiler]
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:01 am

it is possible to have makeshift spoiler tags.
see?

Code: Select all

[background=black][color=#000000]see?[/color][/background]
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:37 am

TaxiService wrote:/me does not read kayar's spoiler post

just got the game! looks nice! just got to grasstown. <.< but, dammit! i don't have time for this!!! >_<
If you have no time for this, dont EVER EVER! go to Minecraft.net and look at that game. Or buy it for its reduced price during Alpha/Beta. Or play it... >_<
Too Addicting

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:12 pm

draconic74 wrote:

If you have no time for this, dont EVER EVER! go to Minecraft.net and look at that game. Or buy it for its reduced price during Alpha/Beta. Or play it... >_<
Too Addicting
I am currently working on creating a ceiling for the entire free version map. Then I plan on deleting everything below the ceiling. This will probably take MONTHS.

... Or at least weeks.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:19 pm

Kayar wrote:
draconic74 wrote:

Too Addicting
I am currently working on creating a ceiling for the entire free version map. Then I plan on deleting everything below the ceiling. This will probably take MONTHS.

... Or at least weeks.
Nah. Depends on map size. I almost dug out the entire 4 blocks on the bottom of the map in 2 or so hours. No save though...
Urgh... Was gonna post a video about something that takes considerably longer, but Flash seems to have stopped working. Cant go into street view on Google Maps, and cant watch Youtube. Wth... Dont want to restart comp -_-