Diablo III

Any game without its own board.
Mgalekgolo
Commando

Diablo III

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Well I've been following the details since it went public 3 or 4 years ago. I recently pre-ordered this: http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Collec ... pd_sim_b_1
Any thoughts on the game?
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

draconic74
Green Beret

Re: Diablo III

Post by draconic74 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:23 am

Like Starcraft 2 I'll wait on this. Unlike Starcraft 2 I actually have an interest in the new changes they made. But like Starcraft 2 I don't want to drop a full $60 and I don't know if I should even get it as it detracts from my already distraction-laden schoolwork. Plus, paying that much for a game means I should play it enough for that to be worth it. Unlike most of my games currently, which I got for a good price and do not feel so bad for not having played.

For example, Civ IV and Oblivion. Got both for reduced price, don't feel so guilty for not having played a lot of either. Counter-example: Portal 2. I am saddened to say that I only played through once and have barely touched Co-op**... The longest play session was on the first day it came out, where I beat the entire game and first set of Co-op missions. Since then I picked up a couple of achievements and messed around in Hammer, but have not played it. In fact, if not for Youtube I would have completely forgotten about the new personality cores (Space, Adventure, and another I forget >_< ). I was pretty tired when that happened though, you can't really blame me... I had been playing for a few straight hours and it was like 4am.

Point is, I'll hold off on it, and if I manage to find the time/money and Blizzard doesn't screw it up more, I'll buy it. The main turnoff in SC2 was campaigns split into multiple games, the new Battle.net and de-emphasizing custom maps. Odd that they would do so, since they released an editor so powerful it makes the old one look like Text Edit. But Diablo 3 seems much more streamlined, they are getting rid of some of the annoying things, like teleporting back to town on full inventory (I was such a loot hoarder, I picked up and sold everything that wasn't complete trash), implementing crafting (it's just a new form of gambling, but instead of money you spend broken-down weapon parts). The need to not spam potions for high-level combat (THANK YOU!!!), the inability to completely destroy a character with one miss-placed skillpoint (ABOUT GODDAMN TIME), auto-gold pickup. And my two favorite changes: More emphasis on spells, even for non-magelike classes, and spell runes. The spells for non-mages are centered around your weapon damage or aiding in melee/ranged combat, which is how Torchlight did it. And spell runes are just beast. Go look at all the combinations. Dear god that's a lot. And I actually spent an good hour or two going over every single spell, passive, and possible spell-rune combinations.

**Compare that to my 70+ hours in Terraria, a $10 indie title >_<

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Sat May 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Just got it.

[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun May 20, 2012 11:36 am

So did I, except its the collectors edition. Its pimp as hell.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.